great plane like the NGX. Something in the Airbus line would be

nice, or as you have said, the new 787-8 would be great. It's a

lot of fun programming and flying the NGX and I would like to have

another one that's as complete and highly detailed. Seeing as you

have somewhat mastered the NG I'm pretty sure you will find the NGX

even better in many ways.

Good Luck,

Del Hayner

Using 777 code in building 787 and making some modifications in cockpit and exterior would shorten building time for dreamliner. 777 and 787 have a lot in common. In cockpit you can allmost use overhead pa panel,electronic checklists,make larger PFD-s,some modifications on radio panel but basicly thay can use code from 777 with little modifications. They have allmost same ceeling and max cruise speed .

Just a thought do,

Meh. The 787 is currently my least favorite of all new aircraft (post DC-10 era) and that includes the A350. The A380 is an extremely close second for pure ugliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Get the Aerosim 787 and merge it with the TDS model. You have the best 787 around and has slightly worse systems than the Airbus X non extented.

The way it works represents a PMDG shell if you can call it that way, as it looks like it is complicated but it's actually just following the fs flightplan. (has faux lnav/vnav and autoland which only works intermittently.)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

A 787-800 package from PMDG is something I would definitely entertain...

And given the space-time continuum this is the most likely package to be developed after they finish the 777-300, 747v2, 737NG SP2 and DC-6. You, of course realize that would take a while...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I still think there is room for iconic aircraft i.e. C130, 707, 727, Comet, Tristar, Trident however an A380 is an aircraft that has the wow factor.

There are a number of old aircraft still in use with small airlines, take a pick from say Ice pilots and Buffalo airways fleet. DC-3, C-46, DC-4, L-188 Electra.

ERJs, EJets are also good candidates.

Don`t really think so. In the B787, if you look at the ND there is a display mode with an overlay with the airport layout and the aircraft symbol like a sort of "GPS MAP" thingo. Not too sure what they call that. In the PMDG B777X, they elected to omit the EFB citing some data purchase issues which has the airport layout item also. So if they were to do a B787 and without that advance ND overlay feature, it just doesn`t sound like a B787 dreamliner any more.

Regards,
Darren Liew

Using 777 code in building 787 and making some modifications in cockpit and exterior would shorten building time for dreamliner. 777 and 787 have a lot in common. In cockpit you can allmost use overhead pa panel,electronic checklists,make larger PFD-s,some modifications on radio panel but basicly thay can use code from 777 with little modifications. They have allmost same ceeling and max cruise speed .
Just a thought do,

Don`t really think so. In the B787, if you look at the ND there is a display mode with an overlay with the airport layout and the aircraft symbol like a sort of "GPS MAP" thingo. Not too sure what they call that. In the PMDG B777X, they elected to omit the EFB citing some data purchase issues which has the airport layout item also. So if they were to do a B787 and without that advance ND overlay feature, it just doesn`t sound like a B787 dreamliner any more.

Regards,

Darren Liew

Have you checked simbrief? It's a web planner and it's really good. Out of the box, it plans the route with an old AIRAC cycle but, If you are a Navigraph customer, it allows you to type in your navdata credits, that you've previously paid for in Navigraph, and then simbrief plans your route with the latest Airac. That, imho is a good business model. You buy the airplane and it comes with a standard old navdata for the ND, but if you want to update that navdata, you buy navigraph's cycle and apart from getting your FMC data updated, you also get current content for the ND. This could even work with the EFB on the 777. Let an external company like the experts at Navigraph do the content, and if you want updated data, you buy credits. After all, that the way it currently works with the FMC data? Navigraph would just have to compile what they have in a new format. It's all vector anyway.

Different topic. Whatever happened to Airsimmer or AirlinerXP a320???? Now THAT was vaporware. I still can't believe how such an advanced project could just vanish. Many years ago, their forum activity was as intense as our's before the 777 was released. They would even post updates and show how the birds were coming along. Suddenly one day, they disappeared. AirlinerXP went awol after closing their forum down and Airsimmer released an arcade version of the a320 as prepaiment for the advanced version that never released.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Hi Omar,

Not too sure of what ever happened to Airsimmers A320 project. I personally in fact was one of the early buyers of the plane. But due to the instability and unpredictability of the autopilot I have given up on it and haven`t flown it in years. In fact, I have reformatted the computer it was installed on some time back and can`t be bothered to reinstall it as there was so much problem with it. Now Flight Sim Labs is doing their advanced rendition of the A320 and up to now seems to have not much progress. I think that it is still in ALPHA up to now. There was an announcement somewhere last year that it was planned for release at the end of 2012 and now 2013 is comming to an end soon and no news on it either. Well the real birds can suffer delays of 3, 4 years so maybe we also expect the same for the flightsim version of the birds. Really hope that Flight Sim Labs can work out their problems and once a stable and a "PMDG" quality version of the A320 comes out on the market, they will start to work on the A330, A340 and who knows? Maybe even the A380! 

With the quality of their Concorde for FS X released a few years back, it is no doubt that FSL will not disappoint once their products are out. It is only the slow pace of the progress that they are making towards release and the lack of information on the progress of the development. Just some standard stills of a A320 which may even be freeware A320 pics for all we know.

Regards,

Darren Liew 

Have you checked simbrief? It's a web planner and it's really good. Out of the box, it plans the route with an old AIRAC cycle but, If you are a Navigraph customer, it allows you to type in your navdata credits, that you've previously paid for in Navigraph, and then simbrief plans your route with the latest Airac. That, imho is a good business model. You buy the airplane and it comes with a standard old navdata for the ND, but if you want to update that navdata, you buy navigraph's cycle and apart from getting your FMC data updated, you also get current content for the ND. This could even work with the EFB on the 777. Let an external company like the experts at Navigraph do the content, and if you want updated data, you buy credits. After all, that the way it currently works with the FMC data? Navigraph would just have to compile what they have in a new format. It's all vector anyway.

Different topic. Whatever happened to Airsimmer or AirlinerXP a320???? Now THAT was vaporware. I still can't believe how such an advanced project could just vanish. Many years ago, their forum activity was as intense as our's before the 777 was released. They would even post updates and show how the birds were coming along. Suddenly one day, they disappeared. AirlinerXP went awol after closing their forum down and Airsimmer released an arcade version of the a320 as prepaiment for the advanced version that never released.

Hi Omar,

Not too sure of what ever happened to Airsimmers A320 project. I personally in fact was one of the early buyers of the plane. But due to the instability and unpredictability of the autopilot I have given up on it and haven`t flown it in years. In fact, I have reformatted the computer it was installed on some time back and can`t be bothered to reinstall it as there was so much problem with it. Now Flight Sim Labs is doing their advanced rendition of the A320 and up to now seems to have not much progress. I think that it is still in ALPHA up to now. There was an announcement somewhere last year that it was planned for release at the end of 2012 and now 2013 is comming to an end soon and no news on it either. Well the real birds can suffer delays of 3, 4 years so maybe we also expect the same for the flightsim version of the birds. Really hope that Flight Sim Labs can work out their problems and once a stable and a "PMDG" quality version of the A320 comes out on the market, they will start to work on the A330, A340 and who knows? Maybe even the A380! 

With the quality of their Concorde for FS X released a few years back, it is no doubt that FSL will not disappoint once their products are out. It is only the slow pace of the progress that they are making towards release and the lack of information on the progress of the development. Just some standard stills of a A320 which may even be freeware A320 pics for all we know.

Regards,

Darren Liew 

Any comments on a third party like navigraph being in charge of the payware EFB and the ND Map data for airplanes like the 787 and the EFB on the 777?

Omar Josef
737/757/767

No idea on that. Maybe PMDG can have an option that we can switch on the FMC to show the EFB if we were a user of the payware EFB and ND Map data. I am not a programmer myself so I am not sure how much work must go into this to make it possible. Anyone from PMDG tech support can answer this?

Regards,
Darren Liew

Any comments on a third party like navigraph being in charge of the payware EFB and the ND Map data for airplanes like the 787 and the EFB on the 777?