Sign in to follow this  
LX777

Why not a 787 from PMDG?

Given the systems commonality between the T7 and the 78, PMDG would already have a head start if they wanted to develop the 78. Not to mention the FAA approving a common type rating for the pair. 

However I concur with this sentiment:

we need shared cockpit not more planes.

we need shared cockpit not more planes.

Hold on there. I agree we need more shared cockpit.

But we also need more planes. Lots of them. Airports too.

Must admit a bit more retro would be nice. Tristar, Trident, 707, etc?

Wow a 707 would be awesome. And a l1011 even better!!!!

Potential problems:

1) Not enough real world 787 data to satisfy PMDG

2) PMDG have their hands full of existing projects, possibly stretching into 2016/2017 (I think the Dash 8 will be canned)

3) QualityWings is developing their own 787, and it looks like it's going to be their best work yet.

4) Aerosim already has a 'lite' 787, and AFAIK it isn't selling like hotcakes.

Advantages:

1) Some systems commonality with the 777.

2) PMDG has a good working relationship with Boeing.

3) Very popular with airlines and real-world fleet is increasing.

4) 777-X? 737 MAX?

Agree with you!   I think the main issue as Rob said in the lesson that they have learned with the MD-11, despite the fact that it is one of the most brilliant aircraft ever as far as I am concerned, it just didn't sell very well.   Why?   Because it is not the icon in the aviation industry that the 747 and the 737 is!

Now...   The B787 may have caused some hype in the real world industry but let us be honest, how many 787's can you currently see (not talking about firm orders yet to leave the Everett Facility!) at airports around the world?   That and the fact that the 787's inception was plagued with issues and still is to a large extent.

if PMDG does a 787, it would probably be good for them to hold of until around 2017-2020 to give it a good chance of firstly becoming a marketing success for Boeing and secondly to give it a chance to put in some appearances around the world's major airports in large quantities first!

From the videos that I have seen on the 787 (documentaries mostly), the 787 looks like an amazing machine, but PMDG are masters of marketing - they will do it when they are able and when the market for it is right.

Right now, I keep drooling all over my keyboard at the 777 and then my most favourite aircraft, the 744 and the 748 that follows.   If PMDG never released anything else, this would keep me busy until my dying day!

Kind regards.

They're suing for compensation doesn't mean they don't want the aircraft. The 787 order book is actually record-beating for Boeing (also note the C-Series) and it will keep the production line operating for very many years as the airlines have learned their lessons after Ryanair booked out most of the 737NG production slots at cut-price just after 9/11. In that case when economic growth returned in 2002-2004 many other airlines found out that the only real way to get hold of a new 737 immediately was through Ryanair, and Michael O'Leary made a ton of money through that scheme. Now the airlines are queuing up early so they don't miss out.

Also remember that the 787 and A350 are aiming at different markets, the 787 is a 767/A330 replacement and the A350 is a 777 replacement, although there is some overlap. And then there's the 777-X....

Sorry to say that the 787 is a direct competitor of the A350, specially the A350-800

I agree the A350 is a competitor to the t7 but it is the official replacement of the A330

The A350 has 3 varients each of them is a replacement for one line

A350-800/900/1000

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

And there is enough real world data for the B747-8 which they are doing for FS X after the B777X?  It just seems like PMDG will do any plane of their will and fancy. After all they are the developers and we are not so it is up to them. But I guess what we want to hear is the truth like "PMDG is not and will not do any rendition of the B787". This answer is better than the standard "it will be a hit on frame rates" or "not possible to render accurately" or the best "the manufacturer will not cooperate with PMDG hence no data to work with on the development on a package for flightsim". 

Regards,
Darren

Potential problems:

1) Not enough real world 787 data to satisfy PMDG

2) PMDG have their hands full of existing projects, possibly stretching into 2016/2017 (I think the Dash 8 will be canned)

3) QualityWings is developing their own 787, and it looks like it's going to be their best work yet.

4) Aerosim already has a 'lite' 787, and AFAIK it isn't selling like hotcakes.

Advantages:

1) Some systems commonality with the 777.

2) PMDG has a good working relationship with Boeing.

3) Very popular with airlines and real-world fleet is increasing.

4) 777-X? 737 MAX?

And there is enough real world data for the B747-8 which they are doing for FS X after the B777X?  It just seems like PMDG will do any plane of their will and fancy. After all they are the developers and we are not so it is up to them.

If PMDG is going to do a 787 then they will do it at the same quality as the NGX and 777, and it would require real world performance data from the test team. That was what Ryan said earlier in another 787 thread. The 787 is a completely brand new aircraft compared to the 747-8, which is an improved variant of the 747-400 with very similar systems and flying characteristics. (intentionally by Boeing to ease pilot transition)

This must be like the 20th thread requesting PMDG to do the 787.

I would prefer if pmdg actually builds a sim . I know it will take a heck lot of time but they could work with the team who developed fsx originally ( cant remember their name but microsoft eventually fired them )

If PMDG develops flight sim packages like this then they will be contradicting themselves. Lots of claims about how close to real life flight performance(many of those posts are found on AVSIM forum.).

Regards,
Darren

If PMDG is going to do a 787 then they will do it at the same quality as the NGX and 777, and it would require real world performance data from the test team. That was what Ryan said earlier in another 787 thread. The 787 is a completely brand new aircraft compared to the 747-8, which is an improved variant of the 747-400 with very similar systems and flying characteristics. (intentionally by Boeing to ease pilot transition)

This must be like the 20th thread requesting PMDG to do the 787.

777-200LR/F

747-400v2

777-300ER

DC6

737-900ER / 737 NGX SP2

777 SP1?

.... then other things like 787's. By then it might be 2020 and FSX a distant memory.

Maybe the B777X? 

No Airbus? Lots of talk of A320 in the past from PMDG but now silence?

Regards,
Darren

777-200LR/F

747-400v2

777-300ER

DC6

737-900ER / 737 NGX SP2

777 SP1?

.... then other things like 787's. By then it might be 2020 and FSX a distant memory.

oh my, I would love a CRJ. I could only imagine... I know aerosoft is developing one, but who knows if it'll ever get released to the public.
PMDG could develop every aircraft and we would all be satisfied. I mean once every aircraft is developed correctly.... then thats it. We fly.

Have to say having just bought the MD-11 due to the good feedback it generates that it's an amazing aircraft and also an amazing implementation. It's just a bit different and a quirky design, superb and a must have.