Sign in to follow this  
LX777

Why not a 787 from PMDG?

Have to say having just bought the MD-11 due to the good feedback it generates that it's an amazing aircraft and also an amazing implementation. It's just a bit different and a quirky design, superb and a must have.

Definitely: It'll be my 2nd most loved PMDG plane ... when the T7 is out.

On a sidenote (and just another "minority request"): Wish there were a voice-control edition of FS2Crew for it ...

No Airbus? Lots of talk of A320 in the past from PMDG but now silence?

I think maybe Lefteris was the driving force and the rumoured "PMDG Airbus" is what is to become "FSLabs A320".

Aerosoft and Digital Aviation are devloping a very complex CRJ7/9 its in there preview forum. I think its planned for sept. 

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

The Digital Aviation Fokker 100s is good. Any idea on what has happened to the VC that they promised that they will work on for the F100s?

Regards,
Darren 

Aerosoft and Digital Aviation are devloping a very complex CRJ7/9 its in there preview forum. I think its planned for sept. 

Time is on our side.  We will get the 777 very soon.  That will keep us happy for a very long time.  PMDG can see how other developers do and ultimately give us what we want.  A 787 built to the very high PMDG standards we all love.  It might even be on another platform (P3D 2.0, X-Plane 11 or something else).

Any idea on what has happened to the VC that they promised that they will work on for the F100s?

Vaporware. Flight One were supposed to take over, but nothing happened since. How long is it, 4,5 years? Shame, really.

Is this going to be the same for the CRJs?

Vaporware. Flight One were supposed to take over, but nothing happened since. How long is it, 4,5 years? Shame, really.

Is this going to be the same for the CRJs?

CRJ was taken over by Aerosoft, for a long time it looked like it would not be finished, but lately it seems they will make it after all.

How accurate is the CRJ from them? To the PMDG standards in terms of systems simulation?

CRJ was taken over by Aerosoft, for a long time it looked like it would not be finished, but lately it seems they will make it after all.

How accurate is the CRJ from them? To the PMDG standards in terms of systems simulation?

From reading the forum very accurate. They said its going to be made for the Hardcore simmer unlike the Airbus X. So all systems accurately modeled. The preview shots look great.  Take a look for yourself at the forum

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

Forget my banner at the bottom for a moment.  As a beta I don't get told anything that isn't public knowlege, I come here to AVSIM to find out like the rest of you.  RSR has stated that they learned a hard leason from the MD-11, it was a plane they wanted to do but not one many people seen or board on as a passenger.  They are focusing on those planes that we see each and everytime you go to the airport.

With that said, here is my guess and speculation.

707 - maybe in the lite line but not even likely

717 - did not sell well, probably sell as well as the MD-11

727 - maybe in the lite line

737 - NGs done, MAX not for a long time as it hasn't enter service.  Classics all but gone from commerical service

747 - v2 coming soon to a PC near you, hoping true 747-8!!!

757 - reaching end of service as a passenger aircraft, also PMDG has stated won't do unless Level-D does not release theirs

767 - nope, will not compete with Level-D unless Level-D goes away

777 - ah read the news lately, she is lovely!

787 - only -8 out, still have to get data for -9 and the probable -10  (personally wanting this one bad!)

Airbus - no to A300, A310 as no longer in general passenger service

A320 - Aerosoft has a nice one on this, theirs from what I know is nice and so why compete

A330 - Aerosoft kind of owns the Aibus series for FSX, but maybe but longshot IMHO

A340 - See A330, longshot

A350 - not even launched, see Boeing 787

A380 - PMDG has done big before, I feel this is a good maybe

Those are my on my very high possibily list

CRJ - Nobody has done a high def CRJ and they are EVERYWHERE.  No to the CS series

Dash 8 - maybe a good one for X-Plane, has been rumored forever

ERJ - Embraer is also everywhere, E-Jets and the RJs

Probably not but possible still

ATR-72 - Already a decent one out there

These are on my no way in hell list as most are not even in service yet

MRJ - Mitsubishi has pushed this until the next century I believe

COMSEC 919 - getting data impossible

RRJ Superjet- Sukhoi works with Boeing, but again hard to get data

MS 21 - Another russian bird but has not sold outside of Russia, CS candidate probably

Business Jets - Hahahahaha  no!

Well those are my gueses.  I would not hold anyone too them including me as I predicted PMDG would release the PMDG Paper Airplane for Microsoft Flight...  Guess I was wrong. :huh:

Interesting, but I feel I have to add.

707 and 727 I feel too complex for lite line. IIRC even Tabs commented that doing a classic would be too much work as no part of what had been done recently is reusable. FWIW this holds for 747 classics as well as early 737s. Besides, milviz and IXEG. Unless IXEG is secretly a PMDG subsidiary.

Dash 8 - this has been told to have turned out too big a cake for lite. Also, Majestic is, well, majestic.

Crj - Aerosoft should have a Digital Aviation product out soon...ish. Also they are not at all all over the place overseas, although I have no idea how much business does PMDG get in Europe.

SSJ - not nearly known enough to prove viable I believe. Also Russia not being payware friendly really.

Ms21 is far from rollout let alone flight. COMAC919 just so.

Airbus - I don't think Rob would go out and do that while Lefteris does his, even if he did not particularly cared for him personally (I have no idea whether they parted in good terms or bad), it would be too much a commercial risk unless the other one turns out bad.

I would guess they would work on porting existing products to a new platform (probably XPL) for a while and then maybe 737Max would be ready for prime time and 777X along with 788. No less than five years from now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I know it's impossible (or at least as close to impossible as you could get), but I would love to see a C-141 or C-5.  Unfortunately good military transports are hard to come by and that will likely always be the case.

On the other hand I would love to see a DC-8, especially the DC-8 Super Sixty/Seventy Series which are just 22 feet shorter than a 777-200LR

Chris Sunseri

717 - did not sell well, probably sell as well as the MD-11

787 - only -8 out, still have to get data for -9 and the probable -10  (personally wanting this one bad!)

A320 - Aerosoft has a nice one on this, theirs from what I know is nice and so why compete

A330 - Aerosoft kind of owns the Aibus series for FSX, but maybe but longshot IMHO

A380 - PMDG has done big before, I feel this is a good maybe

Dash 8 - maybe a good one for X-Plane, has been rumored forever

ERJ - Embraer is also everywhere, E-Jets and the RJs

717-200. Nice plane, but has the same problem as the MD11 (no, not aerodynamics and a tendancy to land upside-down, just "nice plane" that isn't common in most of the world. Quite common in Northern and Western Australia though, but I can see it's sales suffering from not being well known or flying for big carriers, so no PMDG 717, as much as I'd love one).

787, I reccon a good future release. Probably not for several years yet. Maybe there will be an announcement thread in 2020 :P

A320, I personally don't like the aerosoft. From single CDU's to a flaky VNAV... actually regret buying it. I'm confident Lefteris at FSlabs will release a good one.

A330 - I like this better than the A320. Although I'm confident FSlabs will release a good one, I'm not confident that it will be released before a PMDG 787, see above ;)

A380. Drool. Those things are different enough to an A320/330 (cockpit wise) that development of the older busses may not help the A380 at all. However, I don't care if someone releses an A380. If it's not FSlabs, PMDG or someone equally as good, I'm not interested.

Dash-8. Majestic. They seem to have that market covered.

Embraer. It'd be nice to get a decent E190. Yes I'm aware of existing payware models, I used it before the NGX was released. NGX was so much better that the E190 routes I used to fly just got tossed aside.

So if we lived in a utopia, I'd pick a release order something like:

PMDG 777, FSlabs A320, PMDG 744v2, Majestic DH8C, FSlabs A330, PMDG DC6, FSlabs A380, PMDG 787, Majestic ATR?, FSlabs A350, PMDG 717, Majestic? E170/190, 

and all before 2016 lol.

and all on 64bit P3D.

While I'm at unrealistic expectations, I'd also love a full sized cockpit replica of all of them, and enough land to put them on  :P

and have enough money to afford them all.

For now though, back to reality. :rolleyes:

Howdy,

Just recently rejoined and my first avsim post since many years ago. Upon seeing this subject I wanted to chime in and say that I would love to have a PMDG 787-8 if they decided to make one! For now, I fly the Freeware TDS 787-8 if I feel like taking a trip in one within FSX. It's a nice labor of love.

At the moment I'm really looking forward to the 747-400X v2, and purchasing the 737NGX come next payday. From what I've seen the 737NGX looks really great.

I love(d) the PMDG 737 in FS9. I don't think I'll ever forget how the FS9 PMDG 737 set a new bar/standard for flight simulator aircraft at the time. As someone who was pretty uninitiated to modern avionics that plane really blew my mind! Although I'm still not all that educated about the stuff at least I no longer feel completely lost and uninitiated, thanks to PMDG and other avid flight simmers. I managed to learn some FMC programming. It was hard getting the hang of it at first, but it was very interesting, fun, and satisfying.

Anyway I wanted to say that, if it's in the stars, I would love to see a PMDG 787-8!

Cheers,

Jim Richards