Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26AUG13 - Welcome to 777 Release Week!

I hope it gets released soon and not at the very end of the week.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I hope it gets released soon and not at the very end of the week.

Yep, before the long weekend would be nice.

spacer.png

Yeah, I agree. I'm really hoping to fly YYZ-YVR-SYD-YVR-YYZ at the actual scheduled times Saturday evening through Monday afternoon.

Couldn't agree more...  A Thursday AM-Friday Midday release would be ideal. Thursday to take it all in then Friday.....fly a few short/long/extralong routes. Plus, this is a 3 day weekend (4 day for me). Would make it even better. Either way, I'll be happy. Just looking forward to a successful release.

I am okay to go up to US$100 (but prefer $89), given the hug e amount of time I will spend in this wonderful jet, will prolly get back into VATSIM with it.

Yet you consider PFPX "pricey"?

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Yet you consider PFPX "pricey"?

Because it is...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Because it is...

I have to admit I thought it was quite pricey before I actually used it. I decided to take the plunge and purchase it, and it is most definitely not pricey. I was expecting it to be something simple enough to where I wouldn't need to reed the manual at all, but I was quite mistaken. It is far more in-depth than I expected, which is awesome. The advanced flight plan stuff is ridiculous; I didn't know about most of it except for ETOPS planning. It is exceptionally well-built and fast, I just need to read about it to understand the more advanced features. I highly recommend purchasing PFPX.

The PMDG777 is an insta buy as I don't think I can replicate it anywhere for free. PFPX can be replicated, for free, by doing the same leg work I do now. Also; no subscription.

I have to admit I thought it was quite pricey before I actually used it. I decided to take the plunge and purchase it, and it is most definitely not pricey. I was expecting it to be something simple enough to where I wouldn't need to reed the manual at all, but I was quite mistaken. It is far more in-depth than I expected, which is awesome. The advanced flight plan stuff is ridiculous; I didn't know about most of it except for ETOPS planning. It is exceptionally well-built and fast, I just need to read about it to understand the more advanced features. I highly recommend purchasing PFPX.

Thanks for the impressions Cory. I think it is a useful program. For what it does, IMO, its on the pricey side. I'm considering taking the plunge myself, but I'd like to hear more input on the program.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

My only thoughts on pricing is why are they so shy about it?

They aren't shy. They simply haven't released the info. They roll out their products their way. People asking the price in the forum isn't going to change the way they do things. I agree whatever the price it is worth it. Watching Froogles and Kyles videos should be proof enough. PMDG's reputation should be proof enough. Both combined make it a must have.

Richie Walsh

I was very satisfied with the pricepoint of the NGX. So asking $80-100 for the T7 won't be an issue for me. Quality costs money, and supporting a top shelf developer that delivers a top end product for such a small market as us simmers is huge!

Couldn't agree more...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Here is my take on why there is no price. Chaos

Avsim would go into melt down because its going to be EXPENSIVE, very expensive , so far better to release the bad news with the good on launch day, makes sense to me.

ZORAN

Here is my take on why there is no price. Chaos

Avsim would go into melt down because its going to be EXPENSIVE, very expensive , so far better to release the bad news with the good on launch day, makes sense to me.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "bad news". There's probably a lot of internal number crunching involved setting a pricepoint. The time invested in the development by all members of the team have to be calculated. And I'm sure the data provided by Boeing comes at a cost. Plus all the photo assignments, server and webstore costs and marketing makes up for a majority of the overall development. The profit is probably a lot less than we all think.

As an owner of a company that provides high end products to a neiche market myself, I fully understand why what seems to an "obsurd pricepoint" can be a tough pill to swollow, but if we were all able watch the development cycle from start to end, there would be more of an understanding as to why the price is what it is.

I just can´t understand the total acceptance of people to shell out 100 dollars for an addon. No matter what the hype. There is absolutely no reason to set a price for a plane addon that high!

PMDG is always on the pricey side, but their addons are worth it....but everything has an end. There is no reason to set the price for the 777 that high, absolutely none. The development of the NGX was far longer and probably had more new tech inside than the 777 and yet it is 69,99. So people should set their hypelevel to lower values and should reconsider the comments about "I will pay what is asked, no matter what the price".

I personally stand my by judgment and think that PMDG will set the price at 79,99 or at 89,99 at the upper level. At 89 dollars it would be the most expensive addon from PMDG to date and I don´t think they would do that.

I understand that they develop a niche product for a niche market, but they have done so for many years and didn´t have to set the prices up to rediculous levels to survive and to further develop top addons.

Don´t get me wrong....I am a total PMDG ######, but even then there is a point at which I would just say no.

Ricky.."good with the bad" is just a cliche rattled off. I certainly dont disagree with paying a premium for it either however I was just stressing my opinion regarding the price launching and why its done in the manner it is.

ZORAN

Ricky.."good with the bad" is just a cliche rattled off. I certainly dont disagree with paying a premium for it either however I was just stressing my opinion regarding the price launching and why its done in the manner it is.

Understood! Valid point.