Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26AUG13 - Welcome to 777 Release Week!

Tom, before you make all the forum addicts start the panic, read Roberts post again.. ;)

Oh I know, but you never know. The power of those words could crash two sites though! (Sorry Avsim and PMDG staff) I would assume that activation servers and whatnot will be temperamental and probably offline prior to the release, that is my guess though. I know he said they were going to be up and down up to the release, so I guess every time it goes down, something important is happening! Down servers are a good thing for now haha!

-Tom H

P.S., sorry for the scare addicts, keep on pressing that F5 key, or if that is broken, just go for the refresh button. on your screen!

First, Amen to no politics and non T7 posts here. I peronally own all FSX planes PMDG has provided, and it was worth the wait for them all. For those who bash PMDG for not releasinhg this plane earlier, you obviously have not flown planes that have been rushed to matrket for the sake of a quick buck. Just know when it rolls out, it will be right, so fly it and enjoy the ride. :smile:

Joe

Just FYI to AVSIM staff - the "Release Date Contest" topic also seems to be getting out of hand. Thank you for keeping our community clean and appropriate.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Alright I am going to be hated for saying this... This is just a joke..ok?

If I am a marketing consultant for PMDG.. My suggestion for pricing structure  would be like this.

Week 1 purchase: $300

Week 2 purchase: $200

Week 5 Purchase: A long term price.

People on this forum for over 10 years..a large discount.

This would also help with traffic management.

:ph34r:

This is why you are not marketing consultant, you do not know how to do that. :P

777KB 

What would you say if it was 777GB?  JUST KIDDING!  I know the first time I downloaded it, much like how many you will feel soon.  It did not matter the size, I just wanted it DOWNLOADED!  I have not checked but there is a contest on the release date which I am sure someone with the name RSR will win.  But wonder if anyone has a file size contest yet. :)

First, Amen to no politics and non T7 posts here. I peronally own all FSX planes PMDG has provided, and it was worth the wait for them all. For those who bash PMDG for not releasinhg this plane earlier, you obviously have not flown planes that have been rushed to matrket for the sake of a quick buck. Just know when it rolls out, it will be right, so fly it and enjoy the ride. :smile:

Joe

with you brother!!!!!

I might go out and buy new hardware worth 3000$

Just to play FSX again and especially the new PMDG 777

i will pay what ever they want me to pay, im ready for release

I might go out and buy new hardware worth 3000$

Just to play FSX again and especially the new PMDG 777

No need, FSX is nearly 7 years old, It only uses one CPU core, and actually does ok now with middle of the road equipment. Now of course if you want spend the $3000, but get a great GPU card and large monitors so you can drool on the awsome cockpit!

No need, FSX is nearly 7 years old, It only uses one CPU core, and actually does ok now with middle of the road equipment.  Now of course if you want spend the $3000, but get a great GPU card and large monitors so you can drool on the awsome cockpit!

It doesn't only use one CPU core; it can actually use up to 256-cores, it just doesn't do it very efficiently.  :lol:

Who cares about the price...seriously...

Just think about the ratio price per hours of flight simming satisfaction!...

Even before release and just from watching the beta team pics and videos i can now say vigourously: Congratulations PMDG !!!

As a software developer myself i can only say u guys reached perfection.

The stuff you do in a market so ridicolous small compared to the gaming industry is just out of the box!

Thanks for having the strengh to carry on!

whoa thats steep. Yes I know, high fidelity, quality, etc etc. From memory the NGX was $45 or something which is about right for an addon in my books anyway. There is a crapload of games coming out in the next 2-3 months so I'm having to stretch my limited resources. I'm talking about:

- GTA V

- BF4

- FIFA 14

- Don Bradman Cricket 14

- NBA 2k14

each one of those is about $80. *sigh*

You've got to be kidding, now that pricing for those minor iterations on stale formulae are the real scams.

PMDG 777 and PFPX out days apart.  Does it get any better?

Milton Kuser - KDFW

One more time, I can't understand some people moaning for possibly a T7 around 100USD when most of the same people buy a smartphone every year or so at 500USD.

Looks like 1 USD/EUR/whatever don't have the same value for what is paid with.

Using a PMDG product must be the cheapest hobby per hour ...

I'm buying new iPhone every 2 years for $200. Not sure why you picked smartphones as a base line to measure expenses. It's just plain wrong.

PMDG 777 and PFPX out days apart.  Does it get any better?

Yes

the A2A 172 aswell :-)