Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26AUG13 - Welcome to 777 Release Week!

Why is everyone worried about the price???? Even if it costs 100 bucks you know it's gonna be worth every cent... We are talking about PMDG here. not some of this other companies that put out garbage and have you beta test it... I for one can add up the waisted money for the garbage planes i purchased. If only i knew better. So when they release this plane let's support all the time these guys put out in making our hobby more enjoyable and as realistic as it gets.

Being "worth every cent" isn't the point. The point some are trying to make, is that $100 is a lot of money to them. They are worried about the price because it would be a hefty blow to their limited income.

There are many on this forum, that are relatively young simmers, rather than well-off adults. There are a good many adults that are financially constrained too.

Whether a particular sum is cheap, acceptable or extortionate is relative to an individuals financial status.

Personally, rather than announcing to the world [and thus PMDG] that we would gladly pay $100 [and thus planting the seed that maybe they could get away with charging more] perhaps we should all be attempting to convince them that the T7 should be no more than $10?

You never now, it might work. :biggrin:  

Everything goes up in price every year. Why would this be any different? It is going to be the most complex aircraft out. The competitor lists theirs at 66$ ( after euro conversion) and it's not even comparable yet people throw money at that developer. PMDG knows their business and customers. Anyone here buy FTX Global? That is expensive so anyone purchasing that and complaining about any possible price here is just complaining to complain. The complaints before were "when is it coming out? When will we get updates?" Now we know when it's coming out via a recent update and now people are complaining about a possible price. No pleasing people.

Richie Walsh

Always complain about the price!!!

If you don't, they'll charge you more.  :wink:

Any company will charge what the market will stand. We're just giving them feedback, making it clear what the market will stand.

Sometimes I think you guys would quite gladly make an offer on a house... and make it absolutely clear to the vendor that you would gladly pay £50,000 more.

Trust me, make out you would only pay $10 for the T7. Our devious plan might keep the price down.

If we complain vociferously enough... we might even get it free. :clapping:

I don't think that PMDG are daft enough to change the price based on the opinions of a few people on this forum. The price will almost certainly be set in stone already, and based on predictions of the number of units that they expect to sell, and also how much the 777 has cost to develop. It really isn't rocket science.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

$10 for the 777? I'd take that in a heartbeat!

And whatever price they do set, yes, we can all agree it will be worth it. Remember when FSX came out? I got it almost a year later and it still cost $70. (The Demo and FS9 couldn't hold me over no more :lol: ). And plus the $20 for Acceleration, even FSX was not a cheap program at first release. For the time I've gotten out of that game, well worth it.

The problem is that some people just can't throw $100 at something, no matter how much it makes them drool. It's like a Ferrari, or a Rolls Royce as I've seen PMDG compared to a few posts ago. We all wish we could have one, but the price is too much for some of us. Now PMDG products are substatably cheaper, but the same thing still applies. No matter how much value the potential buyer sees in the product, unless they see it being finacially obtainable, they won't purchase it.

I really hope to purchase the 777, but I have limits. I hope that they don't exceed $80 in setting the price. If it is a little more, I probably will still purchase it, but it is something I might really consider. Is it worth it? Absolutly, but can I afford it, for maybe the time I can put towards flying it immediatly? Maybe not.

Flight Sim is an internatonal hobby, with people coming from all different places, and economic statuses. Some people, including me, when I was first told by a friend that the release was close, that want to know how much will it put us back. We want to know if our time waiting is worth it, or should we stop pressing F5 (and potentially the gas that comes with breaking our keyboards :P or time with technical support, which for me is always a thrill...). Should we get some sleep? It's that thing that we want to know if we can afford it, and just how much to expect it to run.

Now Richie, we are getting pleased for sure, just the words on a thread by RSR is enough to make Avsim crash. We just want to know everything we can. Like "How close are we?" and "More pictures!!!" because that way we can get a feel for what is to come. Ever since the beta was made publicly known, and testers could post videos, I think a lot of people were more than satisfied. Price though is the biggest thing, and always has been with the 777, and even the NGX. Can the economical simmer afford this? That is the point I am trying to get to, if it hasn't been made clear already. Not everyone has money to throw, and we just want to know how much, and if we should continue anticipating the release, or move on for a while, and come back later.

And the price probably being set, and probably is being imbedded in the stone so no one can find it that stone erodes enough to revel it. There is not much movement in it, and I know $90-$120 was thrown out there a while ago. I guess it's whatever number appears first in Rob's dream (Anyone want to do some Inception and go and make it $10 :lol: ).

The morale is, and I've been slowly constructing this post for like 30 minutes or so, the biggest thing is not when, but how. How much will this potentially put us back, because obviously we will hear the price before we know the date. I just hope that people understand not everyone can afford a $100 FSX add-on as a base. I know that even the NGX was $95 with the 6/700, and I did go that way, and it as worth it. And again, what ever price PMDG sets is worth it, but it is a matter of affordability on a simmer by simmer basis. Eveyone is different, with different economical statuses, and different amounts they are willing to pay, and that is what we have to respect.

We want to know the price, so we can evaluate if its worth waiting, or if we should come back at a better time.

-Tom H

FINALLY!

Finally what? Finally able to hear this wonderful news, simply is music to my ears. Have been waiting since last year and simply can't wait to see how good it is.

Why not just wait untill release day? Maybe we will all wake up on Saturday morning and go to the PMDG website and there she will be... After that we can all complaint about the price... Untill then it's just all just a guessing game...

IMHO debates over price are funny in that whatever it is set to (hopefully less US$100), PMDG will likely not make a King's Ransom in profits.

spacer.png

If the Support and Activation servers are down, it might be today (I hope!)

-Tom H

Tom, before you make all the forum addicts start the panic, read Roberts post again.. ;)

One more time, I can't understand some people moaning for possibly a T7 around 100USD when most of the same people buy a smartphone every year or so at 500USD.

Looks like 1 USD/EUR/whatever don't have the same value for what is paid with.

Using a PMDG product must be the cheapest hobby per hour ...

I use my "smartphone" 100x more than I use a pretend aircraft and if you are paying $500 every year you are doing it wrong.

Tom, before you make all the forum addicts start the panic, read Roberts post again.. ;)

LOL He said it might happen!!

LOL He said it might happen!!

Very true, it was a Wednesday to Wednesday release time frame...unless anything went wrong....

.at least Angle of Attack got their 777 judging by their blog post!

WOW! The first thing I noticed was the shiny shiny plane and reflections on it.  :wub:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter