Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26AUG13 - Welcome to 777 Release Week!

Arguing about a made up price is pointless just wait and see what PMDG set the price at, then you can start saying is too much or just right! Until then I don't see the point of second guessing them

YAY it's being released! :Party:

If this gets released this weekend I won't be able to fly it until mid-October. I have to go to school.  :help:  

But I am getting a new computer for gaming :dirol: so I should get about 35fps (better than my current 12 in NGX).

It's a shame it will be released soon because I start the most important exams of my life, so I can't skip H/W! :t0103:

But Froogles vid show the LR/F off in such beauty   :wub:  (will the ER be a free extra or a 600/700 type extra?)

If this gets released this weekend I won't be able to fly it until mid-October. I have to go to school.  :help:  

It's a shame it will be released soon because I start the most important exams of my life, so I can't skip H/W!

I managed to sim during my GCSE's, some nights id be working until 9, other nights only 5, so i'm sure you'll be able to fit the time in. Some days you get loads, some days you won't get that much

:smile: 

Don't forget to sign your full name! :wink: 

I was very satisfied with the pricepoint of the NGX. So asking $80-100 for the T7 won't be an issue for me. Quality costs money, and supporting a top shelf developer that delivers a top end product for such a small market as us simmers is huge!. Not only in receiving a high end product, but our loyality and willingness to pay the money for said products keeps devs like PMDG in buisness. I'm very greatful for that personally.

Well said! I think your statement is true for the large majority of us. For those iffy on the cost of a high end niche product you are already foaming at the mouth for, you need to realize you are investing in future and hopefully many many hours of entertainment.

Concider price divided by how many hours of use and enjoyment, it probally breaks down to pennies per hour for most of us.     I know with the amount of hours I have on the NGX, it is somewhere around 4.5 cents per hour at the moment and constantly decreasing the more I fly.

Money very well spent IMO.

Compare the price against the hours of entertainment you'll get with other forms of entertainment such as a meal out or cinema? I find FSX plus add ons is very cheap by comparison.

I am okay to go up to US$100 (but prefer $89), given the hug e amount of time I will spend in this wonderful jet, will prolly get back into VATSIM with it.

spacer.png

why does everyone complaine about the high pricing even if you dont know it?! its a wonderful bird they are working on it since 2 years or more!! Thanks PMDG

why does everyone complaine about the high pricing even if you dont know it?! its a wonderful bird they are working on it since 2 years or more!! Thanks PMDG

Full name signed is PMDG rules :)

I managed to sim during my GCSE's, some nights id be working until 9, other nights only 5, so i'm sure you'll be able to fit the time in. Some days you get loads, some days you won't get that much

:smile: 

Don't forget to sign your full name! :wink: 

I hope so... I'm expected to get all A's + A*'s. So I'll be working late because will be in top sets (of a private school)! But for simming I only have the attention span of about 1 hour so I only do 1-2.5 hour flights in the NGX. On top of that I don't like reading!!

I agree fully! At least you have some respect for this great Simmin' company...

I hope so... I'm expected to get all A's + A*'s. So I'll be working late because will be in top sets (of a private school)!

I managed mostly As with an A*, and a tiny amount of Bs, but not in a private school! Guess its stricter and tougher there....!

My only thoughts on pricing is why are they so shy about it? As everyone says, you know what you're buying with PMDG - unrivalled depth of features and realism - that should, and does, carry a price premium, so why hide it?

There's a practical reason for disclosure too. Anyone on a budget would like to know how much they need to put aside for the 777. That can surely only help sales.

It's hardly as if we are asked by PMDG to spend money all the time - for example there's no better value add-on than my NGX, which I have spent literally hundreds of hours in. The cost per simming hour is extraordinarily low.