Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

You dig a hole .... And then fall in yourself. That's what hyping a product does. Off course, if then what's alluded to in the posts get's delayed, people will be dissappointed.

You guys make great software, but the marketing and hyping part of it, is going a little overboard

What?????   If you are accusing PMDG of 'hyping' their product, you are not only mistaken, but you have no idea!

Signed,

Regards,

Daniel

I am in the (possibly enviable) position of not being worried about release delays for this aircraft. I have decided that, despite the certainty that it will be awesome, I really don't need this plane at the moment. I just wish that I had come to the same (sensible) conclusion with several other (lesser) planes that I have purchased over the past two or three years....

Oh, well. As long as I learn my lesson   :LMAO:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I do find it a bit wrong that you can't give us a price.I find that wrong!But good news that you fixed the problem

What is so wrong is that you are complaining when you should be thankful one of the best FS Developers have gone out of their way to make such an amazing masterpiece.

Be grateful and stop your whining will you?

No one has said you have to buy the product.

Signed,

Regards,

Daniel

I am in the (possibly enviable) position of not being worried about release delays for this aircraft. I have decided that, despite the certainty that it will be awesome, I really don't need this plane at the moment. I just wish that I had come to the same (sensible) conclusion with several other (lesser) planes that I have purchased over the past two or three years....

Oh, well. As long as I learn my lesson   :LMAO:

Some of us DO have a life! Thank you Lord for that!  :lol:

SIGNED....

Regards,

Daniel

I don't mind waiting a little bit longer.....Besides I have the 737NGX to fly!!! B)

What?????   If you are accusing PMDG of 'hyping' their product, you are not only mistaken, but you have no idea!

Signed,

Regards,

Daniel

+1

Lots of comments here in a couple of hours, no wonder I've received no further notifications for the Release Week's first thread.

Going through the posts, looks like the update will at least kill the whining and holler about the "pricing" and other pity stuff, for a few hours... at least.

Will the "I knew this was going to happen" whining stop, though? I'll pray for that.

As I'll be signing-off a phse in a current project tomorrow sunday, I would definitely say that not releasing it tomorrow is good news :P

Regards,

I think we may have slightly understated the severity of the problem - we had roughly 10-12% of the testers seeing the issue in one form or another, including a couple where the periods without mouse control not working were quite long.

I was also originally thinking that the issue sounded minor, and why delay for it, but this post puts it well in perspective, thanks.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For the non-US readers that may not be aware, this weekend is one of our major 3-day weekend holidays (Labor Day). It's the last holiday before winter and most people try to spend it relaxing with their families. Many people leave town if they are fortunate enough to have a getaway cabin on a lake somewhere. (and we don't get to take the month of August off like some people) I wish the PMDG crew would take the full 3 days off and hit it again on Tuesday, but I suspect that at least some (and probably most) of them will continue to work and test through the holiday.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Amazing commitment to their product.  Thanks PMDG for the great work!  It is always refreshing to see someone care more about their product and not just making a buck as soon as you can.  Thanks to the entire team for all the hard work!

Milton Kuser - KDFW

What????? If you are accusing PMDG of 'hyping' their product, you are not only mistaken, but you have no idea!

Signed,

Regards,

Daniel

###### opinions don't interest me :-) if you don't see the fact that RSR's post are carefully constructed breadcrumbs to feed the hype of this product (that will ultimatly feed his wallet) that says a lot about you

Even though we have to wait just a few days more I appreciate the detailed report on the who, what, when, where, why, and how. Yes it would be nice to know the price now but then again I have at least $80 set aside for this and it wouldn't be too hard to add an additional amount if needed. 

It doesn't frustrate me. Good things come to those who wait.

Signed,

Regards

Daniel

Level-D 757 :biggrin:

Mo45

For the non-US readers that may not be aware, this weekend is one of our major 3-day weekend holidays (Labor Day). It's the last holiday before winter and most people try to spend it relaxing with their families. Many people leave town if they are fortunate enough to have a getaway cabin on a lake somewhere. (and we don't get to take the month of August off like some people) I wish the PMDG crew would take the full 3 days off and hit it again on Tuesday, but I suspect that at least some (and probably most) of them will continue to work and test through the holiday.

Nothing like getting a bit of sun before the savage winter you guys get there.

Signed,

Regards,

Daniel