Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

The beta testers don't get paid, but at least they get a free copy of the plane. So in the end it's almost like getting paid. It's not like the beta testers are doing this for free.

They are volunteering their time so  you get a better product in the end. 

I've found your posts in this thread to be pretty annoying and immature. When you come back to this forum seeking support for the 777 I know I won't be lifting a finger to help you, and I hope other community members do the same. 

Who wouldn't volunteer for a shot at beta testing this plane, look at how many people are anxiously waiting for it, although it may seem like work to some, for the most part I think the beta testers are enjoying their "work". If it's something you like to do, then that makes a whole world of difference. If you love what you do, then that's different.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@Captain420 - you are completely surrounded.  Put down the fixed viewpoint and back away now!  Keep your hands in full view!  That way, no one gets hurt...   B)

Who wouldn't volunteer for a shot at beta testing this plane, look at how many people are anxiously waiting for it, although it may seem like work to some, for the most part I think the beta testers are enjoying their "work". If it's something you like to do, then that makes a whole world of difference. If you love what you do, then that's different.

Who wouldn't volunteer? People who don't have a spare 10-20 hours in the week to do beta testing justice, which probably accounts for a large portion of the forum. Beta testing this aircraft does not not involve doing a routine flight and that's it, because doing this you barely use half the functionality of the aircraft. The most effective (but easily the most boring) way to beta test something like this is to sit with the official manual open go through each page meticulously checking everything on the aircraft works as the FCOM/QRH says it should; as well as any other PMDG related things within the aircraft.

Well I was hoping for a release before X Factor started, and as this hasn't happened (and quite rightly so) I have ended up watching it... What has become of my life? or lack of.

Glad to know I'm not the only one

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

And people wonder why PMDG keep to themselves about releases and updates, everyone carries on weather it be good or bad news!

Next time I suggest PMDG not say a word till a few days before release.

I am a beta tester for UK2000 scenery, but I bet that the PMDG beta testers work a hundred times harder than I do. Looking for missing textures, misaligned runway lights, floating scenery objects, and AFD errors will be a piece of cake compared to checking out all of the complex systems in a PMDG airliner. Can you imagine how many combinations of hundreds of different operations there will be in the PMDG 777? These all have to be checked and tested....time and time again. I shudder to think about the work load!

Make no mistake, by the time this bird is out the door, those beta testers will have EARNED their free copy :Applause:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you read RSR's first post, he did not dig a hole.  He informed everyone that there was a real possibility of a delay.  Everyone was disappointed by the delay, but most of us understand and do not throw rocks about "hyping".  RSR did not hype, he gave us a very good update. 

If it was my decision, I personally, would watch for your order and poof, it hits the magic dust and disappears.

Do not bad mouth the people that are doing this for US as a community, sure some of the people make some money from it, but people like the beta testers do not make a cent for their hard work at helping to perfect the product.

Thankfully, poof, you have nothing to say here. I you would have put on your reading glasses you would've seen I said they make great software

The beta testers don't get paid, but at least they get a free copy of the plane. So in the end it's almost like getting paid. It's not like the beta testers are doing this for free.

Almost like getting paid? Well let's divide the $80 they get, but the numbers they put in to find out the wage they get, you'll be looking at something in the region of $0.10 -> $0.20 cents an hour... That's quite the wage there eh?

I suppose these beta testers getting paid such a competitive rate will no doubt be able to drop their full time jobs for a month and work 22 hours a day for PMDG? Because everyone can give more than 2 hours a day to FSX right?

Beta testing an aircraft is nothing like flying it properly in the sim, you get told to fly in circles for 4 hours and look a the temperature of the yellow hydraulic system, don't fly from A-B, don't disengage the auto pilot, don't switch views, just sit there and look at that temperature guage... for 4 hours.  :mellow:

Beta testing isn't just playing with the aircraft for a month and spotting the odd error or remembering what caused a CTD, you have to focus your efforts purely on what needs to be tested, not just hoping you come across the bugs. It's not the glorified; "They get the airplane 12 months earlier", kind of job some people make it out to be.

It'll be done when it's done, and 2 months from now we probably won't even remember that it was released 5 days later than we thought.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

LOL: the WSJ recently described our little community as a cult...if so, we're a dysfunctional one...

spacer.png

I'm so shocked by some of our fellow forum simmers comments, quite disheartening if I'm honest, pmdg are putting alot of man hours Into this product, more than likely not getting to spend much time with there family's either!

Appreciate your hard work guys look forward to the release

Paul Angel

PMDG is a company that takes pride in what they do. They have no management like EA that releases products if they are not done despite the developer is not happy with it.

I respect PMDG therefor and am glad that there are still people out there who releases software this way.

LOL: the WSJ recently described our little community as a cult...if so, we're a dysfunctional one...

ain't that the truth - seriously some of the manure being posted here is beyond belief

Thanks for the updates

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Grow up!