Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

Albert-

No, actually we are not stuck in any spiral.  We are making informed decisions based upon our expertise in the field AND our experience servicing a wide and varied customer base.

This problem is not an "airplane function" problem...  Those will continue to be found for years and are easily fixed in service updates.

This problem was a user interface failure problem which would diminish or destroy the ability of some customers to interact with the product. 

I don't know what your profession is- but you stick to yours- and we will stick to ours. 

Epic SLAM I love it when people use actual facts to set the record straight.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I don't know what your profession is- but you stick to yours- and we will stick to ours.

Amen to that!

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

servicing a wide and varied customer base.

Pay close attention to this remark:  we are not the only customers of this product, obviously PMDG has other customers they are marketing this to, my guess being commercial customers.  If so, putting out a flawed product would be very bad news for PMDG.

spacer.png

Pay close attention to this remark:  we are not the only customers of this product, obviously PMDG has other customers they are marketing this to, my guess being commercial customers.  If so, putting out a flawed product would be very bad news for PMDG.

Agree.  If so, they're not alone - A2A is going in this direction, and based on a few scattered forum comments over time, I think Orbx may be as well.  It'd make economic sense - it's a lot easier (and therefore more cost effective) to sell a batch of licenses all at once, as opposed to having to sell (and support) one at a time.  Wholesale vs. retail - plus ongoing demand for upgrades.  It'd be foolish not to go this way.

I had the good fortune to be at UAL when we brought the 777 into service- and I had the good fortune to be around this airplane during a good portion of my UAL career. You all know that my heart is evenly split between the 744 and the DC-3, but darn if this thing isn't a blast to fly....

Glad to hear that we have another DC-3 enthusiast.  Good job Capt RSR.  I am looking forward to pulling this out of the hangar and doing the tutorial flight as an acceptance flight.

Harry Nelson

RSR and Tabs- You and the rest of the PMDG team just enjoy the long weekend, and clear the head, get some much needed rest. The previews are just phenomenal. But professionalism prevails, in knowing what is in the best interests for all. A few extra days extended because of the long weekend, will not be a big deal as much as we want to fly this beauty. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

You dig a hole .... And then fall in yourself. That's what hyping a product does. Off course, if then what's alluded to in the posts get's delayed, people will be dissappointed.

You guys make great software, but the marketing and hyping part of it, is going a little overboard

If you read RSR's first post, he did not dig a hole.  He informed everyone that there was a real possibility of a delay.  Everyone was disappointed by the delay, but most of us understand and do not throw rocks about "hyping".  RSR did not hype, he gave us a very good update. 

If it was my decision, I personally, would watch for your order and poof, it hits the magic dust and disappears.

Do not bad mouth the people that are doing this for US as a community, sure some of the people make some money from it, but people like the beta testers do not make a cent for their hard work at helping to perfect the product.

Harry Nelson

This problem was a user interface failure problem which would diminish or destroy the ability of some customers to interact with the product.

These can be more annoying than "airplane function" problems sometimes. You know you did well to hold it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Good catch, there! Complete agree with you... I think so too. 

Also, the ending of the article in Wall-Street-Journal would clearly support that conclusion:

"PMDG develops its aircraft for the discontinued Microsoft software, but Lockheed Martin Corp. bought the Flight Simulator code to use as a professional platform for training. Mr. Randazzo’s big goal is to adapt the at-home simulations to sell to airlines or manufacturers to help them train pilots and cut the cost and time needed with expensive full-sized simulators.

"A pilot can sit down in his or her seat, and learn where everything from the window shades to the cup holder to the autopilot disconnect” is before touching the airplane or a full simulator, says Mr. Randazzo. ”You get more time to teach them sound judgment and less time with a high-cost instructor sitting there watching them fumble around for switches they’re not used to finding.”

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well I was hoping for a release before X Factor started, and as this hasn't happened (and quite rightly so) I have ended up watching it... What has become of my life? or lack of.

Albert-

No, actually we are not stuck in any spiral.  We are making informed decisions based upon our expertise in the field AND our experience servicing a wide and varied customer base.

This problem is not an "airplane function" problem...  Those will continue to be found for years and are easily fixed in service updates.

Rob, 

I hope you don't feel the need to defend the T7 (or PMDG in general) from comments like the ones you replied to, most of us have a good laugh reading comments like that as opposed to thinking they know what they're on about. Of course, if you're having fun figuratively slamming the door in people's faces, carry on as I'm finding them quite amusing to read.  :lol:

If you read RSR's first post, he did not dig a hole. He informed everyone that there was a real possibility of a delay. Everyone was disappointed by the delay, but most of us understand and do not throw rocks about "hyping". RSR did not hype, he gave us a very good update.

If it was my decision, I personally, would watch for your order and poof, it hits the magic dust and disappears.

Do not bad mouth the people that are doing this for US as a community, sure some of the people make some money from it, but people like the beta testers do not make a cent for their hard work at helping to perfect the product.

The beta testers don't get paid, but at least they get a free copy of the plane. So in the end it's almost like getting paid. It's not like the beta testers are doing this for free.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The beta testers don't get paid, but at least they get a free copy of the plane. So in the end it's almost like getting paid. It's not like the beta testers are doing this for free.

Yeah, I think if you actually work out the hours most beta-testers spend bug-hunting (which is not a fun job, even if you are sat in a virtual 777) it'll probably work out at less than $1 an hour - so for all intents and purposes, they may as well not be getting paid. 

As a part time beta tester going back over 10 years, I can say categorically that beta testing is mainly REPETITVE WORK.

So my compliments and thanks to these PMDG beta testers!

spacer.png

Yeah, they can take that check all the way to McDonald's and cash it for, I don't know, a small soda or something.  Man, they're rolling in dough!

Sheesh!