Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

Chris-

If this was truly a cult- shouldn't I be able to insist you all buy two copies?

Three... lets go with three copies....    :ph34r:

Reverse marketing offer today only.  I will buy three copies TODAY ONLY. :)

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Reverse marketing offer today only.  I will buy three copies TODAY ONLY. :)

Dennis-

Ooooh, Nice Try.  :lol:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I could just call my credit card company Robert and order an additional card with your name on it B)

Automatic ordering at its finest!

Chris Sunseri

Robert,

At least it isn't a cult of personality (at least not yet). We may have our walls full of 777 posters (Main panel, overhead, throttle quadrant), but we haven't put up giant posters of you.

Unless you're offering them free with the purchase of the 777?  :lol:

Robert,

At least it isn't a cult of personality (at least not yet). We may have our walls full of 777 posters (Main panel, overhead, throttle quadrant), but we haven't put up giant posters of you.

Even better, and RSR Growth chart for the kids! See how you compare in height to Mr. Randazzo, and if you are taller then him, you get a free 777 (Better get that Photoshop ready haha)!

-Tom H

Robert,

They did say the "big surprise" wasn't in the aircraft, all our other guesses weren't even close, and we can't overlook it, so we must be getting a poster of RSR! 

At least it isn't a cult of personality (at least not yet)

Well, there are folks who have modified the 777 banner to read "RSR FOR PRESIDENT"....Just a little cult-ish  :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Yeah, I think if you actually work out the hours most beta-testers spend bug-hunting (which is not a fun job, even if you are sat in a virtual 777) it'll probably work out at less than $1 an hour - so for all intents and purposes, they may as well not be getting paid.

I can't speak for others but I have spent a lot more time than that. :-)

They did say the "big surprise" wasn't in the aircraft, all our other guesses weren't even close, and we can't overlook it, so we must be getting a poster of RSR!

Or the infamous coffee cake

I am so happy that at least one developer in this market does not release unfinished products and pretend it's ok.

Maximum trust! Pun intended :)

Thanks PMDG!

23.png

I was angry at first but then I realized 2 things.

1) After 18 months in development, 4 days isn't that long.

2) The weekend is nearly over :D

I was angry at first but then I realized 2 things.

1) After 18 months in development, 4 days isn't that long.

2) The weekend is nearly over :D

Angry?

I think there are a lot of reasons to get angry, but not because of an 4 days delay of a fsx addon.

(Yes, I know it is the best addon there is. The plane is fantasic! But still...)

Well I was slightly disappointed as is understandable, but PMDG's reputation speaks for itself! The anticipation is immense and thst causes the tmpers to flare a little, but I am perfectly happy that they sorted that issue out, since what they fixed is a serious issue that really would have impacted negatively on the product.

Go PMDG, te wait is almost over and we are ready to fly when you uys know it is done! Thank you for not dropping your standards and for making sure that once it is released I can purchase wh ease of mind.

For the moment I am cruising the 739 from KORD out to MMMX for a nice Sunday afternoon trip! I just realised that the NGX will stay a favourite, even though most of my flying now will be done wit the tripple xeven for a few months.

Kind regards.

Right. because we can just force our unpaid beta testers and real-world pilots, our server support staff etc to work all day and all night on a holiday weekend - all for you, "Keith77L". And there's so many good reasons we'd want to delay for the fun of it and not make money right? It's all a big conspiracy to stop you from flying something that you already know works. You got us.

I've slept a grand total of about 10 hours this entire week while we've tried to finish this - some of us on the team even less than that. Your insinuation is flat out insulting.

You remind me of my Masters thesis man

When the Professor tried to put me down as i wasnt in a rush and didnt work hard to finish a good thesis, ammazingly i got a B+ on that!!!

You deserve an A+++ guys

Gents-

(Well... and that guy who can't seem to remember to sign his posts... him too... I suppose....)

I have to tell you that I really appreciate your understanding on our decision to hold the release until we could properly assure that we had fixed the problem.

Tonight, I have flown the airplane KLAX-KSFO-KBOS-KIAD... (had to be home tonight... you know how it is...) and for the first time in a while I can say that I think we are finished.

I found two little minor picky items I am going to fix in the morning- because I can. B)

In about 24hrs we are going to build what I expect to be the final release version... and then we will give the Tech and Beta teams a few days to make CERTAIN we didn't miss anything truly bad.

For those who wonder: we have about 60 people using the airplane and reporting back. Some of these guys are flying short hops like I did tonight... and some are flying 16 hour legs in real time.

Why would they do this?

To help us make sure it works.

I had the good fortune to be at UAL when we brought the 777 into service- and I had the good fortune to be around this airplane during a good portion of my UAL career. You all know that my heart is evenly split between the 744 and the DC-3, but darn if this thing isn't a blast to fly....

You guys are going to absolutely LOVE this airplane. I promise.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement and the patience... It is almost in your hands!

execuse my confusion

You mentioned that we MIGHT fly this bird monday tuesday, does it mean the next coming 2-3 days or the next week? That is 7-8 days away? I am confused haha

After all i am just making sure how much money i beed to secure before the shopping week starts for the ladiesssssss haha

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Angry?

I think there are a lot of reasons to get angry, but not because of an 4 days delay of a fsx addon.

(Yes, I know it is the best addon there is. The plane is fantasic! But still...)

I think angry was the wrong word..Let's go with, disappointed?