Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

Dz3nk.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

No that's a great Idea! I will go and binge watch Battle Star Galactica on netflicks until the 777 is released :lol:

don't worry, we know you guys, so we will wait some extra days, no problem  B)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The beta testers don't get paid, but at least they get a free copy of the plane. So in the end it's almost like getting paid. It's not like the beta testers are doing this for free.

Sir,

And I use the title with tongue in cheek, I do not know and do not care how old you are, but you need to show a little respect for the people that are working so hard to provide us with a little enjoyment.  I really enjoy this hobby and with the people that I have met here at PMDG, they are all very polite and courteous and very seldom have anything negative to say. 

Now that I have said that, How about you telling the community what you have done to enhance the Flight Simulator community.

So I have this last thing to say GROW UP.

Harry Nelson

Oh boy... I cannot believe some comments of people (many young people) that want to beta test an aircraft so they can have it NOW NOW NOW! They just don't know how the aircraft flies and don't know how to beta test... No wonder it is said that "patience is a VIRTUE"!

My comendation PMDG for looking after the products you sell. I have the NGX and I am glad I waited for it! It flies flawlessly and I can feel the difference from the 600 to the 900 models and had with it many hours flying!

Love your products!

To anyone who wants to Beta test, a day in the life of a Beta tester goes as follows:

You wake up looking forward to a nice flight in your brand new aircraft in FSX, only downloaded and installed the night before, until you open you emails and see that in fact, you've been assigned to test the taxi model. No big deal you think, I'll test that for 20 minutes, just taxi around the airport and hope it doesn't crash, and then we can get to some real flying. 

Nope, you've been asked to note the breakaway thrust, minimum thrust required to maintain motion and acceleration rates at different thrust settings. Fine you think, you'll just print out this excel table and it'll only take 5 minutes, that is until you realise, they want you to test the aircraft at different weights!!! What's this? That's a load of testing, it's going to take me 40-50 minutes to test break away thrust and acceleration at all these different weights! 50 Tons GW, 51 Tons, 52 Tons.... 68 Tons, 69 Tons.... 76 Tons... THAT'S 26 DIFFERENT SETTIGNS!!!  :( 

You get it done, only took an hour, finally you can fly! ^_^  Wait a sec, they want me to test it now in rain as well? I didn't read that , oh well, here we go again...

Now completed, 2 hours later, you've taxied at all these weights, in both dry and wet conditions, what thorough testing, now it's time to enjoy the beta and fly the plane. Nope, let's test it with different head wind components??? 

3 Hours in, you think you're finished, BUT NO! you now have to test it with different CoG settings to see how the nose wheel steering handles it. 

3 & 1/2 hours in, you're finished. Anything you could possibly test about a taxi model has been done. Lets' Fly!!!  - Nope, not happening, then comes Single Engine Taxi, do all that again. You admit that you're not going to be able to fly today, but at least you can get this done today, and then you'll be able to fly it tomorrow. 

So you've spent 7 hours today taxiing up and down the Runway at Shannon Airport, back and forth and back and forth, different weights, different wind settings, single engine, dual engine, about 5 hours in you'd already started to plot the murder of the developers who set such a dull task, but the end is in sight, and the reward of flying will come tomorrow. You've noted down all your results. You're finished.  :biggrin: 

You wake up the next day to find an email waiting for you:

"Dear Mr Tester,

We have fixed the bug that required 23.0% N1 to breakaway at 57 tons Gross Weight on a wet day with 5 knots head wind, instead of 22.0%. We've attached the fix to this email. Please install the fix and complete all the taxi tests again to ensure that they're also still working.

Kind regards,

Developer."

:Cry:

And THAT folks, is a day in the life, of a Beta Tester.   :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Sir,

And I use the title with tongue in cheek, I do not know and do not care how old you are, but you need to show a little respect for the people that are working so hard to provide us with a little enjoyment.  I really enjoy this hobby and with the people that I have met here at PMDG, they are all very polite and courteous and very seldom have anything negative to say. 

Now that I have said that, How about you telling the community what you have done to enhance the Flight Simulator community.

So I have this last thing to say GROW UP.

Spot on Harry, well said.

:Cry:

And THAT folks, is a day in the life, of a Beta Tester. :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

LOL!

Sent from my Mobile thing

LOL!

I did not lol. It is way too true.

And you cannot automate those things, however much we would like. (What a joy it would be, start a script in the evening, get the results in the morning!)

I did not lol. It is way too true.

And you cannot automate those things, however much we would like. (What a joy it would be, start a script in the evening, get the results in the morning!)

It is still funny because he is spot on. I am beta testing 2 different bits of software and I know how he feels 100%

LOL!

I wasn't joking...  :mellow:  There's a certain Greek Developer out there at the minute who needs to keep looking over his shoulders for fear of an attack from deranged Beta Testers...  :mellow:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

And THAT folks, is a day in the life, of a Beta Tester.   :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

Luckily with testing on with the Majestic Q400 I did not have to verify the RPM of the propellers was correct (left my speed sensor at my vHouse) :lol: B)

.....but creating pages and pages of spreadsheets on the Aerosoft AAX for climb/descent performance was always a stimulus for going and making a fresh brew of coffee.

Chapeau bas for you as well "Greek developer" team! waiting for your PMDG class airbus.

I wasn't joking...  :mellow:  There's a certain Greek Developer out there at the minute who needs to keep looking over his shoulders for fear of an attack from deranged Beta Testers...  :mellow:

Chris-

LOL: the WSJ recently described our little community as a cult...if so, we're a dysfunctional one...

If this was truly a cult- shouldn't I be able to insist you all buy two copies?

Three... lets go with three copies....    :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com