Sign in to follow this  
Rocket_636

What!?!?!?

Bang on bargain I say, love that wingflex and the PMDG Operations center

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Exactly the price it was in a dream I had about a month ago, and what I was expecting. It's $20 more than the Ngx for a shorter development, but all that says to me is the NGX is underpriced

Take a deep breath... It will sooner or later. :lol:

Tom- forums have handled well today, minus the 100 duplicate topics  :P

Agreed Luke, and a forum without complaints would be not a forum at all Tom :)

-Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What??????......$90 freaking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you for real?

If that's too much, here's an idea. Buy the aircraft, enter the screenshot contest, and hope you win first place. Link is here.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418116-pmdg-b-777-screen-shot-contest-now-open/

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

There were games back in the day that would run you $65, but add inflation for today that's around $110 or so. Not to mention, it'd only last maybe a couple hours worth of enjoyment, before you bought something else.

Shelves full of such going back to the early 90's.  The PMDG 777 will not be one of them, worth every penny and more.

spacer.png

I paid 9.99 US for the captain sim t7. Look what that got me. Exactly 9.99 worth of plane. hardly fly it due to bugs and frame rate issues.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

I would say that $90 is too much for me to buy it. I love PMDG and think they are one of the best company's out there but I'm not in love with the 777 so I got the A2A 172 instead since that can help me with my IFR training. $90 is almost an hour of PIC XC time I need for the IFR rating. Maybe in six months I will get it, plus that will leave time for the bugs to be removed. Hope everyone enjoys it.

It takes me 10 hours to drive from Sydney to Melbourne on the road and almost 2 full tanks of petrol to do it.

fuel is $1.55 today. and I have a 72 litre tank in the car. = $111.60 for a fully empty to nearly spilling out the top.

$111 for about 8 hours of driving the car.

I reccon I'll have completed 8 hours of flying the 777 before this week is out.

Now if only one can get that Delta Airways livery and I'll do a KLAX - YSSY as DAL17 ASAP!

My Vatsim Cross the Pond is already booked as a Delta Airlines flight in a 777-200LR too!

Incidently, by using public transport more for the last couple of weeks I'v managed to draw out a single petrol tank to 3 weeks, simply by not using the car as much. That said, I hate busses when going grocery shopping. I always thought I would, and now I know for sure :wacko: :blink: :unsure:

For the amount of time the team has put into this, $90 is perfectly reasonable. 

Go make your own and all you won't need to pay, but then you'll give up and say; "It's too much work"

EDIT: 

It takes me 10 hours to drive from Sydney to Melbourne on the road and almost 2 full tanks of petrol to do it.

fuel is $1.55 today. and I have a 72 litre tank in the car. = $111.60 for a fully empty to nearly spilling out the top.

$111 for about 8 hours of driving the car.

I reccon I'll have completed 8 hours of flying the 777 before this week is out.

Now if only one can get that Delta Airways livery and I'll do a KLAX - YSSY as DAL17 ASAP!

My Vatsim Cross the Pond is already booked as a Delta Airlines flight in a 777-200LR too!

Incidently, by using public transport more for the last couple of weeks I'v managed to draw out a single petrol tank to 3 weeks, simply by not using the car as much. That said, I hate busses when going grocery shopping. I always thought I would, and now I know for sure  :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:

You could always do the YMML-YSSY-KLAX flight United does. I'm flying out of Sydney in the 744 to complete the last flight run by the 744 then switching the 777 like it will be in real life soon. 

Everyone wants ultimate realism, but some are not prepared to pay for it. The price should have been $150.

David Porrett

I sincerely believe that if you have any concerns as far as the price being excessive, it's time to start developing the skills and team necessary to build your own...after all, how hard can it be, right?

The cost is incredibly low in my eyes - I've been on the development side - and the work required for something like this is nauseating lol.

Thanks guys - as always - a home run.

-Cory Crabtree

To be fair, anyone who is heavily invested enough in FSX to be excited/bothered about the release of such an in-depth, complex add on, probably can afford it without too much trouble.

You don't buy this type of add-on unless you are a very serious simmer, and you can't be a very serious simmer - especially in FSX - without spending a large wedge on hardware etc!

EDIT - I'm not saying you have to be rich to enjoy this hobby (god knows I'm not!) but when you consider it's cost relative to other types of non-essential expenditure that most of us have, it represents truly excellent value for money.

My girlfriend and I are watching a football match tomorrow which will cost us £30 in tickets, for a 90 minute game. For less than double that, I could fly for the next decade in the 777....

True alot of us have thousands invested in top of the line pc's to run to run a 7 year old title.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.