Sign in to follow this  
Rocket_636

What!?!?!?

To be fair, anyone who is heavily invested enough in FSX to be excited/bothered about the release of such an in-depth, complex add on, probably can afford it without too much trouble.

You don't buy this type of add-on unless you are a very serious simmer, and you can't be a very serious simmer - especially in FSX - without spending a large wedge on hardware etc!

EDIT - I'm not saying you have to be rich to enjoy this hobby (god knows I'm not!) but when you consider it's cost relative to other types of non-essential expenditure that most of us have, it represents truly excellent value for money.

My girlfriend and I are watching a football match tomorrow which will cost us £30 in tickets, for a 90 minute game. For less than double that, I could fly for the next decade in the 777....

Anyone dismayed by the price may want to re-evaluate whether they've chosen the right hobby.

So one has to be rich in order for that to be the right hobby for them?

Guys, once you purchase this and have spent no more than 5 minutes in the pattern with it, you will think that amount of money was the best investment you have ever made for your hobby. I just took it for a spin at EDDF...

So one has to be rich in order for that to be the right hobby for them?

$90 hardly qualifies as rich under any standard of living, but it does imply you have a reasonable amount of discretionary income suitable to the cost of full participation in the hobby.

It was exactly what I expected it would cost, since they tend to have a pattern.

That means their next plane will be $99 (747 v2?).

Yes, I will get the 777

John Sanford

Guys, once you purchase this and have spent no more than 5 minutes in the pattern with it, you will think that amount of money was the best investment you have ever made for your hobby. I just took it for a spin at EDDF...

Nice shots. You already knew how to fly her/him/it?

$00.01 for every "slam your head against the wall" annoying post that has been created about the 777, it's development time, feature list, etc.

Nice shots. You already knew how to fly her/him/it?

Well, if you mean I could "get off the ground", then yes. I just got her maybe an hour before I posted those. Now it's time to bug Ryan to teach me how to REALLY fly this thing (just as he had to do with the 747. :p0503:

You get what you pay for at least. I mean I don't mind paying $90, because it's a really awesome plane that I'll get lots of use out of. For many years. For me, the investment was worth it.

There were games back in the day that would run you $65, but add inflation for today that's around $110 or so. Not to mention, it'd only last maybe a couple hours worth of enjoyment, before you bought something else. This plane will net you thousands of hours of enjoyment, so it's a better value.

As much as I love PMDG and their products, I have to agree with OP in that I also think $90 is quite expensive, mainly because this isn't even a game its simply an addon for another game (Yes an amazing addon) but I don't think there is any justification in charging $90. Luckily for me it's only £60. I mean when I bought FSX about a week or so after it was released that cost me £70, now that was worth it because it was a full game. 

Got it. Underpriced relative to value. I would have paid US150 for it. This will be my workhorse for years....along with the 744v2.

Mind you, for a $150, I'd be feeling the cop-wife's ASP sting....[whispers] but still worth it.

spacer.png

I consider $90 a bargain.  I would have paid double that considering the superb craftsmanship and attention to detail that PMDG offers.

Chris Sunseri

Current PMDG prices for recent releases:

J4100 $44.95

737NGX $69.99
737NGX 600/700 expansion $24.99

777 $89.99

I'm not a big fan of the 777 so the PMDG 777 was always going to be a 50/50 chance of buying it for me. $90 though makes it hard to justify (especially when that would work out to over $100 AUD).

On the other hand, if you love the 777 then I'm sure you will get your moneys worth within the first week.

www.antsairplanes.com

12 month costing

$7.42   a month

$1.86   a week

$0.26c a day

get the picture cheap charlies :-)

ZORAN