Sign in to follow this  
Maniac59

Is it worth $90?

Having just flown the first tutorial flight I certainly think it's worth the $90.

Cheers

ChrisS

It is different with different countriesbuddies look for there local currency with dollars . I am sure you will be surprised what is 90$s

Yes, I know 90 bucks for an American is nowhere near the same expense as 90 bucks for a guy from Balkans or India or Brazil.

No, I don't think PMDG don't realize that. Yes, I think they factored that in their pricemaking. No, it is not realistically possible to set different pricelevels in different countries for this price of product. Yes, I think if it was possible, they would actually do it.

FSLabs ConcordeX is 60USD. The PMDG777 is 50% more expensive. Is it a more complicated aircraft? No.

Well, that depends... it IS certainly VERY complicated from a development standpoint. I have never used FSL Concorde so I don't know how it compares...

Has anyone's salary doubled for the same job in 10 years? Not many I bet. There's inflation and there's flight sim inflation.  :O

No, but have you taken a look at what the top addons offered then and what they offer now?

I mean, even the best models of that era would be scoffed at today, considered not worthy even a freeware release... VC and exterior.

Systems modelling is way beyond it was then, or what it could be then.

Yeah, I don't make twice as much as I would have ten years ago... but if you ask me, I am getting twice as much airplane.

In 2½ hours last night I blew 90 bucks on 3 pizza's and some drinks.

I said to myself I could have bought the T7 instead.

So I did.

M8, you need to find another food outlet man...90 bucks on 3 pizza's??? :huh: ...lol, u got robbed!

Guys, these arguments are all kinda ridiculous.

I'm amazed at the lengths people will go to in order to try and justify their opinions on why this is "too much."

Not only are most of these arguments false in the sense of failed attempts at using economic principals, they're also in so many alternate dimensions of false realities I don't even know where to start...

"Well, it's expensive in this country!!!"

Yes, so is petrol, and it's cheaper in other countries.  It sucks, but it's a fact of life.  Go bark at your country's leaders to do something to make your currency more valuable in a global market...

Well, PMDG is a global product, users are not only from Western countries but others as well. 90 $ is a lot here..Either you pay your bills or buy a 90$ product. So what's important? You buy a 90$ product and get your house electricity disconnected for not paying bill. what's important 90$ or the bill?

...or save up for it.  The idea that things should be cheap just because "not everyone is rich" is the most absurd thing in the world.  Again, it just illustrates the sense of entitlement in the sim community and I really don't understand it.

I'm not going to go into Apple and tell them that they should drop the price of their iPad because people in other countries can't afford it...

The PMDG777 is 50% more expensive. Is it a more complicated aircraft? No.

It actually is.  You can't judge a book by its cover, sir.  There's a lot of things going on behind the scenes.  Just because the Concorde's cockpit looks a lot more complicated doesn't mean it's more complex behind the scenes.

Has anyone's salary doubled for the same job in 10 years? Not many I bet. There's inflation and there's flight sim inflation.

Inflation is the steady increase in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.  This isn't the case here.  If you want a lesson on inflation, have a look at the cost of GA aircraft over time.

Kyle Rodgers

Happy hour (it's actually two hours) at our local Pizza Hut is between 3pm and 5pm. We can get an 11" thin crust pizza, garlic bread, unlimited drinks, and unlimited salad for 6 quid. I don't bother with the salad, but it's still a bargain!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

M8, you need to find another food outlet man...90 bucks on 3 pizza's??? :huh: ...lol, u got robbed!

I think you missed that "some drinks" part :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Feel $90 is a reasonable price point for what I've heard is a stellar product. 3rd party developers are the only thing keeping the dated FSX platform viable. Is it affordable for everyone, of course not, but what is??

...and I think $1.3M is too much for a car, but that doesn't mean Bugatti isn't selling cars...  :rolleyes:

Kyle Rodgers

Guys, these arguments are all kinda ridiculous.

I'm amazed at the lengths people will go to in order to try and justify their opinions on why this is "too much."

Not only are most of these arguments false in the sense of failed attempts at using economic principals, they're also in so many alternate dimensions of false realities I don't even know where to start...

"Well, it's expensive in this country!!!"

Yes, so is petrol, and it's cheaper in other countries.  It sucks, but it's a fact of life.  Go bark at your country's leaders to do something to make your currency more valuable in a global market...

...or save up for it.  The idea that things should be cheap just because "not everyone is rich" is the most absurd thing in the world.  Again, it just illustrates the sense of entitlement in the sim community and I really don't understand it.

I'm not going to go into Apple and tell them that they should drop the price of their iPad because people in other countries can't afford it...

So you barked to get the petrol prices low? May be they will agree if I bark at my country's leader , Thanks for an idea! 

So,Apple and PMDG are same in terms of global market?Great information you have there!  PMDG has never gone this high with any of there products .So it was surprise to see that from PMDG.

1y329d.jpg

Someone ought to:  they're HIDEOUSLY and GOUGINGLY OVERPRICED.  ;-)

Just pointing out an invalid aspect of your own argument.

Good sport.

spacer.png

Don't get me wrong, the price of the T77 is not cheap at all, but - in my opinion - it offers very good value. But what's the point? If someone thinks a competitor offers better value for money - go buy that product. If someone thinks PMDG doesn't offer a good enough value for the price they ask - don't buy it.

On a side note: The A2A 172 - I will not buy it (although that plane is the only one I actually flew for real) because 50 bucks is too much for the time I would spend in it.

I saved my money for PFPX, FTXG, Twotter Extended and Varansi, the A318 has been delayed - I'm gonna buy two more T7 licences, I reckon!   :P

In all seriousness: If you couldn't afford food, water, housing or if people started to sell the air that you breathe to you - those would be real problems.

Here we're talking about a computer game addon ...

Here we're talking about a computer simulation addon ...

Fixed that for ya...you're welcome.  ;-)

spacer.png

So you barked to get the petrol prices low? May be they will agree if I bark at my country's leader , Thanks for an idea! 

You're welcome!  Good luck!

(See, I do sarcasm goodly too!)

So,Apple and PMDG are same in terms of global market? PMDG has never gone this high with any of there products .So it was surprise to see that from PMDG.

Don't lose sight of the comparison here.  Compare the markets between both, not just the prices.  You have to look at both in their own realms to have a valid comparison.  Yours is too short sighted.

Apple's iPad is among the highest in its market, when compared to other tablets.  Similarly, PMDG's add-ons are among the highest in its market, too.

Again, trying to justify your own opinions as to why this is too expensive using "facts" isn't going to get you anywhere.  An opinion is an opinion, but trying to validate those opinions using false facts or inappropriate arguments isn't going to get anyone anywhere...

Someone ought to:  they're HIDEOUSLY and GOUGINGLY OVERPRICED.  ;-)

Just pointing out an invalid aspect of your own argument.

Good sport.

How is it invalid?  It was meant to point out the price differences among various countries to address the "well it's too expensive here" arguments.  Again, your opinion that they're overpriced is an opinion.  The ideas here are being pawned off as validated by these pseudo-facts that people are attempting to use...

Kyle Rodgers