Sign in to follow this  
Maniac59

Is it worth $90?

I can understand that for some that 90$ is a lot of money. Finances are so personal. It's silly to criticize others if they find something as unaffordable or if its a bagain.

But I was thinking, that I have so many addon aircrafts that I have spent money on but I use only a handful for 95% of my simming time. Even among PMDG I use only a few although I own all of PMDG Aircrafts

from PMDG I use only the 747x, the 737 and now I am sure I would be using the 777. I rarely fly their MD-11 and their turbo props

I use the real air Duke (Turbo) and some times  the regular Duke.  Although I own almost all the real air aircrafts

I use the F1 Cessna Citation for my G1000

I also use the Aerosoft Twotter Twin

I use the CS727 hooked up to my Reallty XP G530

Need a good 172S.

Thats pretty much it. I am sure others would have their own short list their fav addons as well.

So If I could not afford these addons, I would stick with the few good ones.

Just a thought.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Economists/bankers talk of growth, but the infinite growth they seek requires infinite debt. The system is rigged to fail. It's a pyramid scheme

Correct.  And the pyramid is gonna come crashing down soon enough.  Then we will all need to reevaluate our existence.  Infinite depression.

Anyhow, what you largely pay for with the PMDG 777 is whats under the hood so to speak, example detailed failures modelling.

spacer.png

I will not be buying this product any time soon, but not because of price, but I'm just getting back into FSX and will be building a new system to be able to handle everything I can throw at it.

I do own Carenado 308B Caravan and it did open my eyes to what commercial quality products can offer.

I will more than likely be purchasing the Twotter X,some  BC twins and possibly the Dash 8.   But that is due to my fondness for single/twin props at the moment.   I fully expect to pay in the range of 30-50$ for a quality GA aircraft.

For something like the T777 I was actually expecting 100-150$ range.  You cannot compare PMDG T777 with any GA.  

I know it's been said before, but if anyone thinks this price range is out of reach, then unfortunately you were never part  the intended market PMDG was reaching for. 

Does that mean that FSX users must be top 1% to enjoy the simulation... not at all.  But don't expect high quality commercial airliner  products to be delivered at the same price of a GA.

For those who are serious airliner pilots, you probably won't see FTX, GEX/UTX installed on their computers (which for worldwide coverage is many times the price of the T777).

There are other T777 available much less, but you cannot come back on here and complain it doesn't have PMDG quality.

In the end... you get what you pay for!

I'm sure that the 777 is a great product, But $90 is a lot of money...

$50 maybe...Anyone else feel the same way?

Maniac

Find another hobby mate !!

Glen

did someone experienced "out of track" while on sid/star? for example late turn and so on... not a big problem, just want to make sure its a problem on my side, and windows need reinstall, like the same did a 747 in my case.. FSX installation is too much f**ked up and the plane flyes off route etc.. 

just want to make sure that problem is there and i need to reinstall

I'm sure that the 777 is a great product, But $90 is a lot of money...

$50 maybe...Anyone else feel the same way?

Maniac

Find another hobby mate !

Glen

did someone experienced "out of track" while on sid/star? for example late turn and so on... not a big problem, just want to make sure its a problem on my side, and windows need reinstall, like the same did a 747 in my case.. FSX installation is too much f**ked up and the plane flyes off route etc.. 

This really isn't the thread for an issue like this - it's best to open a new thread instead of adding this to an existing topic that's unrelated at all.

Depending on the SID/STAR, it may be a tight turn, and even those are flown with reduced speeds in the real world to comply.  It's not going to be perfectly on the magenta line.  Check the XTRK DEV scale.  If it's under 1.0, you're mostly okay...

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not surprised all the early responders have said it's worth it. They're the ones who would probably pay even more because they really want it. But for those who are in the 'might do' camp that price is certainly a shock.

FSLabs ConcordeX is 60USD. The PMDG777 is 50% more expensive. Is it a more complicated aircraft? No.

I was shocked to see such a high price. I would have guessed around 60-70USD. In July 2003 I paid 25UKP (around 35-40USD) for the FS9 PMDG737. For prices to more than double in 10 years for a twin-engine Boeing is not good.

Has anyone's salary doubled for the same job in 10 years? Not many I bet. There's inflation and there's flight sim inflation. :O

Some fair points there Ray. I myself have'nt bought it since I generally fly 2-3 hour routes. I suspect part of the reason for the seemingly high purchase price maybe to do with piracy. I'm sure that within a short time, this,like loads of other flightsim addons,will be pirated and hence PMDG have to factor this into their marketing.Just a thought.

I originally thought $89.00 was harsh, but after many years paying $50+ for either bad products or not so bad. I realized that $89 is a good deal......Just think, every since PMDG 737 NGX came out it forced other developers to pull up their socks and we are starting to see some excellent product coming into the market, so thank you PMDG.

As well, if you read the first intro manual, I noticed some real Pilots on the Beta team and that makes me excited that I finally get a product that I can say "this is the real thing"........$89= a steal!

Either way, the excuse that "there's a world-wide recession going on" and "just because we have a computer and run FSX doesn't make us all rich" are rather bothersome.

I'm so sorry you find it bothersome. There's no obligation to reply to that statement.

1 - The "recession" isn't as bad as it was back in 2008.

Maybe not in Oklahoma but I can assure you it's still biting hard in the UK.

2 - Just because you have a computer and run FSX doesn't mean everyone deserves a cheap 777.

Show me where I said I wanted a 'cheap' 777. I never said that. I just expressed surprise at the asking price.

Seriously...this is the only hobby where I've seen so much whining about prices and attempts to justify things. It's nuts!

Then don't reply. People are entitled to express an opinion. It's not 'whining' - it's having a discussion about what some perceive to be an over-priced product.

That's all I have to say.

Some fair points there Ray. I myself have'nt bought it since I generally fly 2-3 hour routes. I suspect part of the reason for the seemingly high purchase price maybe to do with piracy. I'm sure that within a short time, this,like loads of other flightsim addons,will be pirated and hence PMDG have to factor this into their marketing.Just a thought.

Thanks Steve. I do fly the Posky 777 using Project Magenta but that's in FS9. I haven't yet switched to FSX but will do so by the end of the year. I'm sure the PMDG777 is far ahead of the Posky in terms of its flight modelling. I believe registration has to be completed online so if a pirate has made a version available I'm sure they can be tracked down and prosecuted.

But it would be a sad day if the piracy factor was built into the price of every addon.

One final point. Exchange rates. Some non-US customers will benefit from a good exchange rate and others won't. Pity this wasn't around a few years ago when the UKP-USD exchange rate got close to $2 for 1UKP. £45 would be a bargain!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather