Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the 777 really "better" than the NGX?

What do you think? The NGX is so perfect, and such a beautiful work of art, I can't stop flying it... even now!!

But is the 777 better? More features?

One thing I noticed about the 777, is the little door windows on the airplane are now fake windows, and on the NGX they are real..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The best way to answer this would be, for a simulation of a 737NG, the NGX is the best. Same applies to the T7. Both a different aircraft in many ways. The only similarities are they are both Boeing.

The best way to answer this would be, for a simulation of a 737NG, the NGX is the best. Same applies to the T7. Both a different aircraft in many ways. The only similarities are they are both Boeing.

But I mean like does the 777 have more features on it that a 777 would have, VS features in the NGX... 

Does that make sense.. I hope.. 

-Kyle Boeman

I find these type of questions really silly. You can't really compare two different simulations of two different aircraft. 

Yeah but i remember PMDG saying that the 777 surpasses the NGX... just getting your guys's opinion.

Yeah but i remember PMDG saying that the 777 surpasses the NGX... just getting your guys's opinion.

It does surpass the NGX in what PMDG have implemented. Been over two years since the NGX was released, and have added more tech, that even I did not think possiable.

So, yes, the T7 is far more advance in that respect. Hope that helps.

It surpasses it in some details and animations for sure. As well as functionality using the FMC for virtually everything. Little details are what makes it surpass the NGX.

But in all seriousness you can't really compare them. The NGX will probably continue to be my favorite for most flights and it is the best 737 out there as the PMDG 777 is the best one out there.

The 737 and the 777 by PMDG are 2 of the 3 best planes out there (Majestic Q400 being the 3rd) IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both superb simulations in their own right. I think that where the 777X has gone one better than the NGX is the sound effects. The sound effect in the cockpit when taxiing, the engine sounds, the switch clicks, etc are just so well done in my opinion.

They are both superb simulations in their own right. I think that where the 777X has gone one better than the NGX is the sound effects. The sound effect in the cockpit when taxiing, the engine sounds, the switch clicks, etc are just so well done in my opinion.

I think you and Brian worded it better than me. Thanks Rick :lol:

I've been looking at PMDG's website and their recommendation for the 777 is 2GB of video ram? What are your opinions on this matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have a GTX580 1.5GB and is great. No problems at all and I can use BufferPools=0. I would think 1.5GB upwards would be optimal, 1Gb minimum.

Before you even ask that question you need to ask your self what style of flying you will do. For example If you only like short hops and your a proud member of a VA then its the wrong choice because you will only get a hand full of short routes (1-2 hrs), if any

Before you even ask that question you need to ask your self what style of flying you will do. For example If you only like short hops and your a proud member of a VA then its the wrong choice because you will only get a hand full of short routes (1-2 hrs), if any

I'm more of a short hop person... I just am so active during the day I really dont have any time to fly for 9 hours!

The 777 has a proper working (and brilliant) simulation of Fly By Wire. The NGX doesn't.

I wonder why that might be  :blink:

I'm more of a short hop person... I just am so active during the day I really dont have any time to fly for 9 hours!

That's the beauty of "Autocruise"

Regards,

Better? I don't think. NGX+777= AMAZING!

I agree with this as well. Both are top of the line for each airplane simulation

However, I do think the 777 took it a notch higher. Even today on my 10th flight I caught myself pressing the square buttons in and out, giving the poor beacon light a run for it's money as I gazed at the little mechanical switch mechanism working. And, as others have said, the sounds are superb. I have yet to hear a better sound package on a simulated airplane.

Also, for the user asking about the graphics card- I have a Superclocked GTX650 1GB with an i5 2500K @ 4.2Gz and I get a steady 30 in nearly all situations so far.

I think both products are phenomenal. I personally find the 737NGX more realistic in fact.

the sounds on the 737 are as real as it gets, with the T7 you hear the engines even at high (cruise) altitude which is not real at all. Also, the taxi is more real on the NGX, you need constant thrust to keep the T7 moving which is not real at all, these planes at idle grease pretty well through the taxi ways.

Another advantage for realism the NGX has is the HUD, you do not need to be modifying the zoom in and out or mess with the virtual cockpit view to scan speed and Flight Director and such, with the NGX you always had the same depth of the runway pretty much adding to the realism. I do not like much the visual funnel effect of the T7 view of the runway and how it constantly changes

Again, they are both pretty real and in the end it is a matter of taste  but the NGX in my opinion wins in realism over the T7. 

OK Maybe this is an easier way to put the OP's question:

If we were to compare the difference, I see it in three aspects:  System modeling/behaviour, External model modeling/behaviour, and simulation features

• he may mean the % of aircraft system modeled: I think this really only applies to flight deck, in the cabin there isn't many things that needs modelling like turning on of the TV on a pax seat
  • % of external effect/model modeled: So amount of movement externally, effects like thurst reversal etc
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but also external features/accessories/aircraft support/simulation capabilities (ie. time compression); these may mean pushback capabilities, realtime refueling, turn around time etc.

These are only my interpretation of the OP's question, but elaborated into a more quantitative way?

That's the beauty of "Autocruise"

Regards,

Exactly. Auto cruise is perhaps the biggest ground breaking achievement with the 777. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous considering the detail and depth of the aircraft itself, but it has completely changed the way I fly. For the first time ever, I can literally fly wherever I want to fly without having to set aside an entire day. When you think about it, the concept is simple enough, but I'm sure the coding that went into it was an enormous challenge.

The way I look at it (following the trend of other replies); the NGX has brought the level of visual effect and simulation modeling to the brink of FSX simulation.  However, the 777 has taken the capabilities of FSX and gone beyond.

In regards to system modeling, there is only one way how the aircraft works/functions, you can only asymptotically get to the reality of a real aircraft.  NGX has reached that asymptote in the way the aircraft was written.  777 has rewritten the logical (as it was needed for an accurate modeling of the aircraft) to reach the same level of reality (with reduced eye candy IMO), and re-written parts of FSX to accommodate for both desktop immersion and real-world convenience (autocruise, stepclimb etc.)

I would never compare the NGX with the T7. I would however say that the PMDG ngx is the best available 737, and the PMDG T7 is the best available T7.

Both aircraft are in a league of their own, and should never be directly compared.

Like Kyle has said numerous times.."The T7 is NOT the ngx"

Just my thoughts anyway :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2