Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

rex direct experience

So yes they are just textures, but they are greatly improved and enhanced. Compare the runways and taxiways alone, they are a greatly increased in detail. Makes the default textures of any default airport look like a high priced add-on.

HI Reed.

Listed in the REX4 feature list is:

Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modelled from different materials. Support for ORBX airports.

Just how does REX4 interact with ORBX airports?

What is modified and what is left alone?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'll Pass..Too confusing. I love REX, but man oh man I honestly have no idea what I would be buying. I have been loading the same texture combo for years. 

I have rex +Od. and ftx global Just thought does rex overwrite global textures when I run it ?

Sorry if I am being dense!

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Thanks for the reply rstough, much appreciate it.  yes, I see the textures are impressive by looking at the screenshots however, my point was REX3 is a full product, Weather Textures, planner etc. Now, it looks to me that you guys are changing you're pricing structure, charging for each features that REX3 had...Not very REX like.    Like I said in my previous post, I don't mine paying for the new version/upgrade but this is going to cost more then $90+ to have the whole package again!  

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but IMO, it looks to me that REX Studios want's to re-coupe some $$$ from all the free upgrades to REX3 you guys gave us customers in the past 4 years which I'm very thankful for it.     But this new REX pricing method has me SMH.  But that's you're business and you can charge whatever you want.

Good Luck!. I hope it turns out well.

PS, Still waiting for SimAir!!  Any news? Will it be out this year?..Now that add-on I will defiantly want to see and get!

peace 

Rstough I was just asking because I don't know what can I gain in terms of textures. For weather engine I use ASN anyway still was Wondering if direct adds more complex and high quality textures than Rex ess +. I think I will wait for some comparison videos before I make a call.

Godatum r u saying I should reinstal global and not run the texture generation in rex? Thanks

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

i dont understand this. FTX Global would be better.

The two products do two entirely separate things. Global handles ground textures and autogen while REX handles cloud, sky, airport textures etc.

i dont understand this. FTX Global would be better.

What molleh said.  They're not the same thing at all.   Take a look at the REX direct site, look at the images and you'll see good examples of the new cloud, sky and animated water textures, as well as all of the new runway, taxiway and signage.

Scott

I love REX textures, but I never found a set of clouds that had that 3d (voluminous) feel.

Does the new textures for FSX give the voluminous feel? I know that P3D V2 has the new cloud features, but I'm interested in FSX.

This would cajole me to upgrade. :lol:

Thanks!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I really get into making FSX as realistic as possible and REX has helped me attain my goal. Breaking REX  into parts is a good idea. I use REX for the textures and OPUS for weather. If REX comes out with a better weather engine then I'll buy it. In the meantime REX  has given me the option. Can't wait to buy it.

In my personal opinion both are great.  BUT, we have learned A LOT since we first released REX and Overdrive.   We have taken out knowledge of the platforms and put that into REX 4 and thus made an improved product.   We also have tried new approaches with REX 4 Texture Direct.

So what's going to happen to RexE weather engine & patches?

It's still  buggy with overspending, crazy wind shifts, wrong: METAR's, winds aloft, airport weather,...etc.

I like your textures but your Wx engine doesn't deliver what was expected or promised!

@Rodd REX will release a new version for 40 bucks and give You 5 bucks discount I guess. I wouldn't expect much more and I don't see Rex 3 being patched. Truth is I bought expensive Rex essentials with OD just for one set of textures because as You say, WX engine is useless and ASN delivers in this matter much much better. So even if the new version of WX engine will be fixed I wouldn't hope for getting it as an update. Policy seems quite clear and I am definitely done with this product for now. Shame a bit though because it has potential. But if I pay circa 45 bucks for something I want it to work as advertised and TBH current weather engine just doesn't work and still new pay ware version will be released. No go to me.

I'll Pass..Too confusing. I love REX, but man oh man I honestly have no idea what I would be buying. I have been loading the same texture combo for years.

You'd be buying REX textures, 16000 brand new and enhanced ones. Like buying REX OD but only textures. And by the screenshots it's worth it.