Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

Guys-

there is no need for this bickering. Time will tell what is going to become of this. All the arguing and making each other look dumb will not change it.

Some of the' older ' guys on here are really  getting tired of the ' know it all folks' insisting that the community see it there way.

Peter Osborn

Thank you for your kind reply. But after that long reply, the status is still the same.

1) Taxi camera status - UNKNOWN

2) Weather radar status- Even more UNKNOWN.

No.  It means they haven't found something that can work as a stable solution to be incorporated at the moment.  Why would that mean they were not going to continue working on it?

I still don't understand why everything in the sim community has to be polar.

I'm working on a video of a whole bunch of flying I've done over the years.  It's not to a point where I want to show it to anyone, so nobody gets to see it.  At the same time, just because I don't want to show it to anyone at the moment doesn't mean I'm not working on it.

My point was simply to address your comment that they hadn't shown any pictures of the flight deck.  There's no real difference.  The only real visual difference between the -300ER and the -200LR is the size of the plane.  That's why the pictures only really show the external model.

No.  Not at all.

Full motion simulator radar isn't really that accurate, either, honestly.  Your earlier comment, though, was what I was answering to.  You said "PMDG has always maintained that they will not include this in as it is impossible to replicate this accurately in Flightsim. As if it is possible to accurately replicate a B777 performance 100% in flight sim either!"  You made an attempt at another black and white justification and I answered to it.  Your statement seemed to be an attempt to say "well, if the plane is not perfect then it's imperfect, and weather radar is imperfect, too, so it's just as justifiable as an imperfect plane." Except that your point ignores the concept of varying degrees of accuracy  Have a gander at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma.

Eye candy has no point.  I know a lot of simmers think it's "cool," but it honestly does me no good to hit a button for pretty colors to pop up that don't mean anything.  At that point, it's simply a waste of a developer's time.

Yes, so?

It is unknown. What else would it be? They said they were working on it, didn't find a workable solution. What more can be known, until a satisfactorily workable solution had been made?

Yes, so?

Heres the breakdown: Because of ASN, an accurate weather radar is POSSIBLE. In fact, they're making one for the ilFly 737. The question is WHEN will PMDG make theirs? Don't know. However Ryan said he will have to "look at the feasibility" as they're busy with the 777, 747 V2, DC6 and NGX SP2 etc...

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So, what's your point?  The items were never promised to anyone, so why is it that you believe it's your right to know the progress?

For what it's worth, they've been pretty vocal on where weather radar stands in their products for some time now.  As such, it's not quite unknown, though they said they'd look into it.

...and you'll have to trust that they'll look into it because they said they would.  It generally pays off to have a little trust in a statement like that.

Kyle Rodgers