Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

Tried the NGX with ASN very impressed no s turn great tourbolence no popping clouds. 

Hm, I should have added some more details to my post here to prevent from being misunderstood. So now here are some more details, because the other topic has been locked. Maybe that discussion fits even better in this thread. If this post fits better into the other thread which is locked at the moment, I would also appreciate if a moderator could move this post into the other thread. In that case I can also correct the titles of the quotations which are looking a bit strange here because I can not take the quotations directly out of the other thread because it is locked.

KriVa said:

Let's repeat this once more... A cloud map is NOT the same as a radar return.

I know, that there might be some differences between the "weather radar" in the video and a realistic weather radar. But I am sure that based on this it is possible with several months or even years of additional work to create a weather radar that is as realistic as it has to be to fit into the very high PMDG-Standard. I want to make clear that I did never request that this thing in the video has to be included into a PMDG aircraft.

flyerboy said:

I suppose it was time for the daily weather radar request.

No, this is simply not true. I can tell you, why: As mentioned above, I did never request that this thing in the video has to be included into a PMDG aircraft. Moreover I do not own the PMDG 777 because I don't like the philosophy of flying with as much automation as possible (that's why I also did not buy an Airbus for my FSX). I am sure that the PMDG 777 is a great FSX-Add-On but I prefer flying with manual control and manual thrust and it seems that the philosophy of the 777 does not fit to my preferences. So if the PMDG 777 would get a weather radar, I would not have any advantage. But I do have the PMDG 737NGX and I think this is a great aircraft to fly manually, but also for that aircraft for me personally a weather radar is not very important - although it would be nice to have, of course. My post was not meant to be complaining about the missing weather radar in the PMDG aircraft (which is a decision I totally accept) - I complain about the way, RSR is writing his posts in this forum. Looking around in other forums, one can find out that RSR is often said to be very arrogant - and that way of writing is what I am complaining about when I say "Pride comes before a fall". In this forum that seems to be mentioned not very often in such a direct way, which is completely understandable in an "official support forum".

rsrandazzo said:

Take a read here- as others have done:

http://forum.avsim.n...28#entry2859228

Thanks for this info; I did not know this thread before.

rsrandazzo said:

I realize it isn't convenient for you to recognize

The contrary is true: I am recognizing much more details than many others (otherwise I would not be so succesful in my real career and also my virtual "career" in the flight simulation area), but unlike many other people I also bring everything that I recognize into question instead of simply believing it. I know that people who ask critical questions are often not very welcome but with my experience I am still convinced that an inconvenient truth is better than a convenient lie so I keep bringing everything into question critically, as you might remember from my old post here.

In that post I had written (among many other interesting facts):

Hi Robert,

although I am new to this forum, I think I have quite a lot of experience with FSX because I am providing people in the VATSIM-Germany-Forum with support for FSX and with an FSX-Workshop via Teamviewer for a couple of years now. So I would say, I know quite a lot about FSX and its limitations.

But I am flying with the VRS F/A-18E for a few years now, I use the VRS TacPac and I have the PMDG737NGX, so I also know how far you can go beyond this limitations. :wink:

You can be very proud that the PMDG737NGX is named directly behind the brilliant VRS F/A-18E with the VRS TacPac. I really have great respect for the work of the entire PMDG-Team, but I can not accept being answered in such an arrogant way which you have used for several times in that thread. If you like getting a reputation in other forums as an arrogant forum author, then you can just continue with that way of writing. But if not, then you should think twice before publishing your posts in this forum.

rsrandazzo said:

but as a professional deveopment house- it is important that we EVALUATE new data and techniques before we make a decision as to whether it adequately solves the problems latent to FSX.

I do totally accept this procedure or even more: I thnik that this procedure is very important if you want to publish products that are as succesful as the PMDG aircraft are. I do not see any reason why you are telling me about this way because there is nothing new about this. So go ahead with this procedure to continue with the great PMDG-quality that we all love!

I complain about the way, RSR is writing his posts in this forum. Looking around in other forums, one can find out that RSR is often said to be very arrogant - and that way of writing is what I am complaining about when I say "Pride comes before a fall". In this forum that seems to be mentioned not very often in such a direct way, which is completely understandable in an "official support forum".

Look, I'm sure you may find him a little curt, but what you're trying to do here is akin to walking into someone's house and telling them you hate their carpets. They are:

a. Not going to change their carpets

b. Going to throw you out of the house

Now I'm not saying Rob's going to chuck you out of the forum, I'm just saying that you're not going to get anywhere good by posting what you did in the Official PMDG Forum. 

Aamir Thacker

Look, I'm sure you may find him a little curt, but what you're trying to do here is akin to walking into someone's house and telling them you hate their carpets. They are:

a. Not going to change their carpets

b. Going to throw you out of the house

There is a slight difference between your example and this case, but you can only see this if you read the posts in the other thread as well, so it is understandable that you do not see this difference. Normally I would have posted this into the other thread but it has been locked there, so I used this thread instead because this thread also fits to that topic. If you did not read my posts and the answers from RSR in the other thread then you can ignore my post in this thread.

(...)

I know, that there might be some differences between the "weather radar" in the video and a realistic weather radar. But I am sure that based on this it is possible with several months or even years of additional work to create a weather radar that is as realistic as it has to be to fit into the very high PMDG-Standard. I want to make clear that I did never request that this thing in the video has to be included into a PMDG aircraft.

(...)

Done!   :P  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

post-233010-0-28097700-1388780198.jpg

:Applause:  I Just bought the PMDG 777 and ASN.... 

Has there been any word on the weather Radar yet?

Chris Camp

There is a slight difference between your example and this case, but you can only see this if you read the posts in the other thread as well, so it is understandable that you do not see this difference. Normally I would have posted this into the other thread but it has been locked there, so I used this thread instead because this thread also fits to that topic. If you did not read my posts and the answers from RSR in the other thread then you can ignore my post in this thread.

I don't care about the nitty gritty of who said what. My point has nothing to do with that. My point is simply walking into a company area and calling their CEO arrogant, etc, isn't going to help you very much.

In any case, RSR has been nothing short of pretty awesome to me (he offered me popcorn, that's won my heart over.. Free food.. mmmmmmm), but maybe you see things differently.. 

Aamir Thacker

I think Andi is taking this stuff way too seriously. Its just a computer flight sim for goodness sake.

Jim Burke

I think Andi is taking this stuff way too seriously. Its just a computer flight sim for goodness sake.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Its just a computer flight sim

+1 -_-

Just two things come into my mind when reading all this:

1) "Language is the mother of all misunderstandings". (A friend of mine grew up in Buenos Aires, lived in New York, Rotterdam (Netherlands) and Hamburg (Germany). In 1993 he became my flight instructor. So you probably know what I am talking about... Today he lives in Spain and communication across languages is still an ongoing learning process.)

2) This song by Depeche Mode came into my ear: "People are people So why should it be...."

Here are the complete lyrics: http://www.depechemode.de/lyrics/depeche-mode/people-are-people-2/

I think it describes the "problem" quite good...

Happy new year to everyone,

Claus

So you probably know what I am talking about...

Was?  Daß New Yorkers mehr unfreundlich als Deutschen sind? :P

Kyle Rodgers

Was?  Daß New Yorkers mehr unfreundlich als Deutschen sind? :P

Regarding the USA I've only been to Miami, Key West, Atlanta, Seattle (and area) and San Francisco so far. So I am unable to answer this question... (just kidding) :P

What I actually ment was that my flight instructor behaved like a spanish "gentleman" (his father is from Spain), thought like his german mother and spoke english on ATC while flying with me in german airspace. He additionally (or perhaps consequently..) had e.g. "problems in spontaneously differentiating between left and right" which made flight lessons really funny, and so we became good friends.

Twenty years have passed and what I learned is that people are often talking "past each other" (for whatever reason) although they mean exactly the same thing.

And regarding THIS THREAD, IMO André actually is a big PMDG fan and just finds "RSR's" kind of communicating his standpoint "rough" or (quote) "arrogant".

I don't think that way; I actually like RSR's "lax" way of talking/writing. But this "lax" form in combination with the closure of the thread really hit André's FS skills and ambitions at a "touchy" point and so he became really angry.

He apologizes himself for hijacking this thread for his pruposes and appreciates very often PMDG's work...

So I would be happy to say "Schwamm drueber", which means "forget about it" (Google translator) but the words are "sponge over it"...

Greetings,

Claus

Regarding the USA I've only been to Miami, Key West, Atlanta, Seattle (and area) and San Francisco so far. So I am unable to answer this question... (just kidding)

haha

And regarding THIS THREAD, IMO André actually is a big PMDG fan and just finds "RSR's" kind of communicating his standpoint "rough" or (quote) "arrogant".

Man...wonder what he'd think about me.

Kyle Rodgers

Man...wonder what he'd think about me.

I could imagine that the outcome of this question would be "corresponsive" ^_^  (a bit kidding :P  )

I think everybody wants to be taken seriously and so everybody should be granted this right.

IMO the core "dilemma" when arguing on this forum here is that most people try to be as precise or perfect as possible. This is even more the case when the level of perfection or precision reached by PMDG (Precision Manuals Development Group!) products is discussed.

But what nobody should actually forget is that nothing and nobody is perfect. Fore sure everybody has a different level of understanding and saying "all are equal" would be "unworldly".

Everybody who made the experience of gaining knowledge in whatever field should also make at one point the experience that "the more you learn the less you know", because the wider your personal horizon gets, the more questions arise.

As I already said in the other post, everyone should also take care of that "language is the mother of all misunderstandings". So "we all" asking or answering questions or just declaring something should take into consideration that what we write could become misunderstood very easily. So the use of e.g. emoticons is actually very useful... 

And Kyle, you probably remember that I personally thanked you a while ago in a different thread for your imense input of knowledge and that I learned a lot about "all new things inside the NGX".

But in the current thread's context I remember one of your opinions you sticked to like "super glue": the delayed or missing noise of the trim wheels at the NGX pedestal and the question if that apparent simulation "inconsistency" (caused by FSX limitations?) is an important pilot informtion or not. You meant something like "...could not remember a situation were it was really essential". That is for sure true for many (RW) airplanes, big and small. But if you ever where on a B737 flight deck (real or simulator) in flight (and I think you probably were), the loud and frequent mechanical noise would have left a big impression on you. I learned the following: technically seen it is primarily essential as a prevention of "silent death" caused by A/P trim unawareness and secondarily it functions as an acoustically confirmation that both electronic trim motors (by two different manufacturers...) are working as they should and thirdly just as a confirmation of trim amount without having to look down on the pedestal.

(That was something that I always wanted to tell you :wacko:  )

BTW: Aerosoft has a nice synchronous trim noise on its A320X...

Ah, what was the question?:

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

I think: yes, probably.

Greetings,

Claus

Claus, the trim system on the A320 is completely silent. I wouldnt put to

Much faith in the Airbus X regarding accuracy if

I was you, they never intended to be an indepth product.

Rob Prest

the trim system on the A320 is completely silent

Hi Rob,

many thanks for the advice. I actually was a bit suspicious about that (special and new) sound but would never have thought that it could be completely "programmer's fantasy".

Do you really see no chance that it might be "real" in newer A/Cs as an option or generally in the NEO series?

I always took the sharklet types with the "NEO" description from the A/C list inside P3D...

BTW: if it really is a fake sound it would be quite astonishing as IMO they actually created a unique SFX and did not take a "standard" trim sound heard before. But I am somewhat "afraid" that you are right...

Greetings,

Claus