Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

Speculation has a nasty way of turning into expectation. Which in turn, creates havoc on the forums.

cryhavoc.jpg

spacer.png

I've been so curious to ask one of you folks. Have you solved the problem with precipitation when flying above the cloud layer?

+1   Another annoying bug.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Short answer: Yes.

Honestly, Kostas. Its fine if you guys didn't completely eliminate it as I realize the difficulties of the weather in the sim. Not that I'm calling you a liar or anything, just saying. ;)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

They've been working on this little thing called the 777, Ron. Not sure you've heard of it, though.

Anyway, just knowing where clouds are won't be enough. To get a realistic weather radar, you need to have a reliable idea of where precipitation is.

If they can provide that, I don't see why PMDG wouldn't be interested, and so would I.

Suspended water or ice also cause radar echoes. Water doesn't need to precipitate for radars to depict it.

Entering a cloud and seeing the cockpit shake like in real life would be a dream come true. Seeing it on the radar, even more so. I wish ezca would finally evolve into a less cluttered application that just replicates real life head movement with no more than 2 or 3 adjustment sliders.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

With this amazing ASN would be great if PMDG consider to do a real wx radar for NGX/777, and maybe for MD11.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Well this is a fresh start for further debate I'd say.

It's the kind of lateral thinking I've been arguing for in previous WXR threads, and been shouted down for arguing against the official wisdom that it isn't possible because FSX doesn't do it.  I'm glad HiFi have been thinking along the same lines. I wonder if they've read my posts... :P

ki9cAAb.jpg

Good news. It seems our wishes are slowly coming to pass in FSX, My big wish is for true 3D clouds,so we can see this,

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'm really looking forward to the previews of the new product. I'm sure I'll be first in line to buy too! Love the current AS2012 and seems this will be the cherry on top (-:

Good news. It seems our wishes are slowly coming to pass in FSX, My big wish is for true 3D clouds,so we can see this,

Seee how it shakes a little when it penetrates? That what I want!!!!

I doubt it will be like that visually. Volumetric clouds would require a 200 Yottaherz processor to work in FSX's world.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Entering a cloud and seeing the cockpit shake like in real life would be a dream come true. Seeing it on the radar, even more so. I wish ezca would finally evolve into a less cluttered application that just replicates real life head movement with no more than 2 or 3 adjustment sliders.

You've not tried Opus then?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

It's the kind of lateral thinking I've been arguing for in previous WXR threads, and been shouted down for arguing against the official wisdom that it isn't possible because FSX doesn't do it.  I'm glad HiFi have been thinking along the same lines. I wonder if they've read my posts... :P

Theres a reason I have been saying that WXR is possible for a while now....The only limitations are skill and imagination.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I have to say I'm slightly concerned with this trend for several products to be bundled together.  

I see the new Service Pack for the Aerosoft Airbus Extended will be bundled with Multi Crew Environment.  I don't want Multi Crew Environment as I already have FS2Crew for the Airbus.

Similarly, I have Opus FSX having switched away from Active Sky.  I don't want to be in a position next time a PMDG aircraft comes out that I have to buy a new version of ActiveSky to make all its features work.

I appreciate that ActiveSky may be about to offer a game changer and I wish them well with that.  I'm not sure whether PMDG will want to open up the possibility of weather radar, given their well publicised position on it.  If they do, all well and good.  

If not, let's be honest, PMDG is the dominant force in flight simming.  It offers an SDK via which other developers (notably FS2Crew) can add features.  Let's leave it at that.

ngxu_banner.png