Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

That sounds completely reasonable, Robert, and I do appreciate your "cautious pessimism" that leaves room for a change of mind if warranted. And I don't know squat about what's involved in producing a weather radar for one of your fantastically simulated airliners.

I do know that ASN is different than HiFi Tech's earlier weather engines...even AS2012... and I like what I've seen of its capabilities...a lot. Flying in and out of turbulence, predicted by AIRMET/SIGMET notices, dealing with wind shear, watching the built-in weather gauge and seeing a direct correlation between cloud  and precip returns and what I'm seeing out of my virtual windscreen...it's pretty remarkable.

But the best news is that anyone will be able to try ASN out as a fully functioning demo for 7 days and see for themselves what it's capable of. Can't wait to see what you all think about it.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I can tell you that we will not drop what we are already working on to put such functionality into existing product lines.

Don't drop it please!

I really appreciate that PMDG is working on the WXR. Its impact on procedures and realism will be a giant leap...

Big THANKS from a fan!!!

Developers are always talking to each other.  Something good could come out of all this.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I really appreciate that PMDG is working on the WXR.

Just to be clear, he didn't say that they will work on it; he said that they might work on one if the claims end up being true.  Note that he began that section of his post with "[n]ow- lets pretend for a moment that they come up with a perfect model the first time."  The pretend, of course, means that it's hypothetical.

Kyle Rodgers

The pretend, of course, means that it's hypothetical.

Yes, but "pretend" was directed to ASN, and "will not drop what we are already working on" was directed to PMDG internally.

Come on! "Let's go crazy" about WXR in the PMDG product line :rolleyes:

Good news. It seems our wishes are slowly coming to pass in FSX, My big wish is for true 3D clouds,so we can see this,

One can certainly dream, some joint cooperation between two very well respected developers would be great. I know I would definantly invest in it, especially after my last flight coming into MMMX, hit some nasty storm cells enroute from KLAX.

I hope that my eternal optimism will continue to play out in practice.

Over the years we have been promised many steps forward to an amazing flight simulation world. Yes, there have been setbacks. But, by and large, we  have been served with an almost unbelievable set of flight options, subsets of which have given me thousands of hours of pure enjoyment.

Each of our venders know that the pressure is on to deliver products that we will buy. This will continue and the competition will deliver us working weather radar, amongst many other things, that will eventually satisfy our cravings.

I am happy to await their coming whilst the developers sweat to deliver what we want.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

It would be great if viable, that PMDG could elegantly integrate it into their aircraft, but that sound you hear is me not holding my breath.

Guys,

There is no product we have seen yet - all of this speculation is completely meaningless until we see what the product actually is and what its capabilities are.

PMDG is listed as a beta tester in the credits of the ASN manual. Now that you guys have seen it and tested it, and words on intergration into the PMDG aircraft?

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

PMDG is listed as a beta tester in the credits of the ASN manual. Now that you guys have seen it and tested it, and words on intergration into the PMDG aircraft?

Jim Burke

Read carefully:

All of us at HiFi would like to express our sincere gratitude and thanks to the following individuals and organizations for their support of our efforts and/or support of flight simulation in general:

Betatesters are named one page further ...

:rolleyes:

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trial for FSX is released

Wow! Just downloading...

Will check it on storm "Xaver" locations from last thursday 1500Z (lasting for more than 24h) in Europe...

"Xaver" had "all severe" WX included: extreme winds, gusts, cloud types, rain, snow, hail, super cold precipitation...

Download will be finished in 8 minutes. ASN, here we go!

Right now any airplane can make a true weather radar with ASN... is amazing!!!!!! no popup at all and global weather!!! wow!!!!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

I did some quick tests with the NGX doing some circuits, and the experience was pretty cool. Unlike any FSX weather immersion before it.  However the big test for me concerning a PMDG aircraft was the MD11 which is highly susceptible to wind and pressure shifts knocking off the PROF to go to minimum safe speeds. Annoying to say the least, but it sure is moody. 

Well just did a 5 hour flight with it, west bound, and had 148 kts on the nose and at SW as well as right across the bow. Not once was PROF disengaged. This has never ever happened. Had areas of turbulence for sure, but it behaved. The rest of the experiences you can read in the other threads, but I have to say that is a big accomplishment just in that alone in addition to the other features. 

I fully expect the 777 to have the same great experience. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

What I can say is that it's not safe to fly without the weather radar anymore... I think the NGX lacks some turbulence sounds...