Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Wrong Version of UiAutomationCore.dll

Well after i install the Airbus Extended new update that  is when i notice that i got this in my event viewer

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b50df
Faulting process id: 0x19bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cebc9994823a9a
Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll
Report Id: d1f0f4ba-288f-11e3-be1d-60a44c617c54

An now that i saw this thread i do also have the wrong Uiautomationcore.dll version. Thanks Jim  :D

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

That g3d.dll error has got absolutely nothing to do with the problems discussed in this thread, that is caused by faulty scenery or corruption of data on disk and nothing to do with the menu interaction crashes.

Cheers, Andy.

That g3d.dll error has got absolutely nothing to do with the problems discussed in this thread, that is caused by faulty scenery or corruption of data on disk and nothing to do with the menu interaction crashes.

I agree with Andy, two different problems. Not long ago I started getting g3d.dll crashes over known, established regions I never had issues with. After much testing it turned out I had a stick of ram that had slowly been going bad, to the point FSX would crash on start up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think everyone is looking for that "magic bullet" that fixes all crashes/freezes/etc. and they look at the uiautomationcore.dll to do just that.  Unfortunately, it does not fix 99% of the crashes (just the FSX Menu freezes).  Up in the CTD Forum you can see direct evidence when I requested members download and run AppCrashView whenever they got a crash.  It shows in those reports whether the uiautomationcore.dll loaded or not and, in most crash reports, the dll was found in the main fsx folder and the individual still had a crash.  Effective memory management is the solution to most FSX crashes.  Keeping your system up-to-date and "clean" will fix many more.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi ive also been getting the crash but have none of the addons that you have Jim the addons i have are super traffic board and traffic x do you know if there are any reported crashes with these addons i proberly need that same file the problem im having is that it crashes when i follow a ai flight on a 6 hour flight hope you can help

Hi ive also been getting the crash but have none of the addons that you have Jim the addons i have are super traffic board and traffic x do you know if there are any reported crashes with these addons i proberly need that same file the problem im having is that it crashes when i follow a ai flight on a 6 hour flight hope you can help

If you are getting CTD's, report them in the AVSIM CTD Forum and we will take a look at them.  You will need to furnish an AppCrashView of the latest crash (see AVSIM CTD Guide pinned in the CTD Forum). 

And with that, this forum is locked as it is going off-topic and I the problem posted in OP has been resolved.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10