Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

If you are sure that it is ticking the water shader  then try downloading the Striking Software DX10 water shader and see how that plays.

If you are sure that it is ticking the water shader then try downloading the Striking Software DX10 water shader and see how that plays.

It is 99.9% the water.

Water for ati users will simply have to look average when flying dx10 :( lol.....i fly island to island in greece over water all the time and i like having that wow effect. At low 2x i just dont get it....also i thought the angle of lights would stop dissapearing....im still seeing vanishing lights with utx and on the pappis....specifically with flytampa athens

Ive tried your idea Steve about that water shader but anything at all to do with shaders (magoisofts shade, anything enb, strikings watershader) it goes buzzerk even with water set to low 2x.

In the mean time i guess we should maybe all start contacting ATI and let them know so a possible update on their next driver would fix this issue properly?

P.s on an earlier post i wrote i was getting these spikes even with low 2x. But i want to add that i had a enb file in my fsx folder causing that. It wss removed and now im 100% spike and artifact free with low 2x (bitter sweet)

Chat soon bewtiful people of avsim.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Well i have just tested on Mallorca which seems to be the right spot :-) during the morning sun all around the island in the L-39 about 1hour without the watershader in DX10 fixer (water40.fx orig was backed up and disabled in DX10Sceneryfixer) and NO problems with LOW x2 :-) Very very strange but for now this is going to be my test setup.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

One more test in YBBN Brisbane and no problems (other than the normal fPS drop because this scenery is poor optimized on approach)

Btw. My new fsx.cfg has disabled the rejecttreshold line and why change things that works but what benefits with this enabled again?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi,

I had the same problem with Tears and Spikes @Cat 13.4 and 13,8 WHQL with HD 7870 and i5 3570K@4,5 Ghz

I installed the old Cat 12.8 and no more problems after 3 Days with water@ high 2.X and REX textures

You can download here: http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php/407098-AMD-Catalyst-12-8-WHQL-Desktop-und-Notebook-Grafiktreiber

to downgrade  i use AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility!

regards

I still get the tears and spikes even with DX10 water unticked and low.2x. With my water set to low.1x it seems to be better but I still get flashing black squares all over, but they are just flashing a bit, then disappear again, rinse, repeat. Think I'll gice those 12.8 drivers a go:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I'm an ATI user and have been for quite some time now. I have been been using Radeon Pro also on and off. Water has always been set to low 2x and have been flying all over without issues. So hope you guys have it sorted :)

What kind of weather do you fly in? Do you set FSX to unlimited fps and lock with RP? That is when I get spikes the fastest especially in cloudy weather. So turning off DFC (Dynamic Framerate Control) in RP and locking FSX internally at 30 really does prolong the time to creating spikes.

This is all about how much load is on the GPU. Locking FSX internally to 30 brought my GPU usage down considerably. But something is still causing it eventually especially in overcast weather.

Charles.

What kind of weather do you fly in? Do you set FSX to unlimited fps and lock with RP? That is when I get spikes the fastest especially in cloudy weather. So turning off DFC (Dynamic Framerate Control) in RP and locking FSX internally at 30 really does prolong the time to creating spikes.

This is all about how much load is on the GPU. Locking FSX internally to 30 brought my GPU usage down considerably. But something is still causing it eventually especially in overcast weather.

Charles.

My frames are set to unlimited and I use AS2012 for the weather and use it ever time I fly, so am the mercy of whatever the weather is being injected. I have flown in very heavy weather without issues though.

As a small point and I'm sure you've probably tried it. I only used to get spikes at EGLL with UK2000 when looking at the map screen. It was always completely obliterated with moving triangles. So I moved my FIBER_FRAME_FRACTION (think that's what it's called - I'm not at my PC right now) from 0.12 to 0.10 and that completely eradicated the spinning triangles on the map screen. However even at 0.12 it never gave me any issues when flying.

Brian

Hi,

I had the same problem with Tears and Spikes @Cat 13.4 and 13,8 WHQL with HD 7870 and i5 3570K@4,5 Ghz

I installed the old Cat 12.8 and no more problems after 3 Days with water@ high 2.X and REX textures

You can download here: http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php/407098-AMD-Catalyst-12-8-WHQL-Desktop-und-Notebook-Grafiktreiber

to downgrade  i use AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility!

regards

With shader on or off?

ELB729.png

In the mean time i guess we should maybe all start contacting ATI and let them know so a possible update on their next driver would fix this issue properly?

First I haven't gone thru this entire thread so may be redundant in my suggestions.

When I used to have ATI cards (I don't any more because of really poor support and problematic drivers where a newer version often broke something that worked before), I had problems like this (almost identical actually).  In my case, I didn't have the correct CAP version loaded for the driver I was using ... can you confirm you have the latest CAP (13.5 CAP1)?  And the latest driver is 13.9 with a 13.10 Beta.  Also, confirm that the driver you have is for the correct series of cards - Desktop Graphics | Radeon HD Series.

Also, since you have gone back and forth from older Cat 12.x drivers to newer Cat 13.x drivers, I highly recommend you do a complete removal of ATI drivers (there is an ATI tool that will do this but don't recall it's name off the top of my head). Boot back into your system and load the default Windows driver set ... ignore any hardware warnings and do NOT install anything.  Also, when you uninstalled the ATI drivers, did you also accidentally remove any AMD chipset drivers?

Also, the image you posted could be the result of the video card overheating ... often the cards fan/fans will get dirt in them and stop.  One other possibility is that the video card isn't getting enough power from PCIe connections (I believe there are two) - but this would be last resort.

But whatever your problem is, I can assure you it's not related to DX10 Fixer.

Rob

Ok, I tried v12.8, shaders on, water high.2x and got the same result as I did with v13.10(not 13.4 I thought I was using) Shaders off and water low.1x. No spikes and tearing but flashing black squares(and sometimes formed like the shoreline when ocean hits land), primerly over ocean-scenery, but also sometimes over inland, but not as frequent. I did two 30min testflights from Palma De Mallorca, and so far I really can't say I have solution as I suspect the spikes/tearing will return if I fly a little further. The only complete "fix" so far is DX9...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I just want somone to fix this thing.....I cant take it anymore...it makes me want to sell my 7900 series and buy a Nvidea :(

ELB729.png

Been thinking the same...but then I remember P3D v2.0:-) Dx9+SweetFX works fine, so until this has a fix, or P3D comes out, I'll stick to that:-S