Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Serious issue with ATI and Steves DX10 fix? Tears and Spikes everywhere

No spikes?

Only at start over the oceean after 35 minutes but they vanished and never came back.

BTW... In DX10 how are you forcing vSync? I am using RadionPro

Using RadeonPro makes stutter so i am only using locked 30 fps and no vsync

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Okay so i tried without the bufferpools section at all and surprisingly i was getting better frames and 1 hour in New York with FSDT and FTXG on Very Dense and water at low x 2 i am holding with this for now. No problems and smooth experience.

Try load up your NGX (c&d) at gate 462 facing the tower and with the City in the background i am at 36 fps. Unlimited fps during flight and cloudy weather. Lod 4.5. 11% road.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

If you lock frame rates in FSX menu and then try to lock frame rates within Radeon Pro you will get stutter.

With FSX sent to unlimited and Radeon pro locked at 30 I get super glass smooth not even a MicroStutter.

But we all don't have the same add-ons I guess.

In dx10, I know of no other way to force Vsync without Radeon Pro.

C.

If you lock frame rates in FSX menu and then try to lock frame rates within Radeon Pro you will get stutter.

With FSX sent to unlimited and Radeon pro locked at 30 I get super glass smooth not even a MicroStutter.

But we all don't have the same add-ons I guess.

In dx10, I know of no other way to force Vsync without Radeon Pro.

C.

You meen DFC up to 30 fps in RadeonPro? Tried it with unlimited but my results are better without RadeonPro and limited inside FSX

Still. No bufferpools section seems to work btw.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

You meen DFC up to 30 fps in RadeonPro? Tried it with unlimited but my results are better without RadeonPro and limited inside FSX

Still. No bufferpools section seems to work btw.

Michael Moe

You still use RadeonPro for vsync though or are you using something else?

C.

i did a flight with water on low 2x and got the spikes again. After about 20 min the Radeon Pro OSD showed the GPU clocks fluctuating between 300 Mhz/150 Mhz and 850 Mhz/1250 Mhz. VRAM is always around 500 MB of 3072 MB. Just wondering if this is normal for the GPU clock to flucuate like this and if this could be leading to the spikes for me.

Trying a second flight and GPU clocks seem to be staying at 900/1250...no spikes yet.

Also if I go back to DX9, can I use the same settings for Radeon Pro (I used the guide on this forum)?

Thanks,

Steve

Can we please test if this issues is related to the Bufferpools section ? 

I have no issue so far without the section in fsx.cfg. In fact i am having a slight increase in frames and performance seems to be the same.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I don't use Bufferpools section either.

I did notice that is seems to be much worse when I run FSX in windowed mode. If I switch back to full screen then GPU clocks goes back to normal and most of the spikes disappear.

I don't use Bufferpools section either.

I did notice that is seems to be much worse when I run FSX in windowed mode. If I switch back to full screen then GPU clocks goes back to normal and most of the spikes disappear.

Good to point out! I only fly fullscreen. My plates and charts on are my tablet.

Charles.

i did a flight with water on low 2x and got the spikes again. After about 20 min the Radeon Pro OSD showed the GPU clocks fluctuating between 300 Mhz/150 Mhz and 850 Mhz/1250 Mhz. VRAM is always around 500 MB of 3072 MB. Just wondering if this is normal for the GPU clock to flucuate like this and if this could be leading to the spikes for me.

Trying a second flight and GPU clocks seem to be staying at 900/1250...no spikes yet.

Also if I go back to DX9, can I use the same settings for Radeon Pro (I used the guide on this forum)?

Thanks,

Steve

That's messed up. Is the GPU clock fluctuation only when you are windowed? with other windows in the background? I never see this behavior but I only fly fullscreen. And ya. I use the same RP settings DX9 and 10. Except I change AA to application controlled when I fly DX10.

C.

Yes it only seems to fluctuate during full screen and spikes are much worse in windowed mode. Only get the odd spike in full screen and only when I have been flying in windowed mode first.

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but all I keep hearing is spikes :) and the fact that I've mentioned earlier in this thread that I do NOT suffer from spikes seems to go unnoticed.

If I were a doctor, scientist, engineer I would jump on the fact that someone that is using ATI Is not having issues. That would help me find what's different.

Because FSX has such variances within it like add-on scenery aircraft etc and couple that with different hardware, albeit that we are all on ATI GPU's but they may not even be the same model which could be a clue also.

Clearly, having these spikes is extremely annoying so lets try and help each other.

What are the conditions where the spikes manifest themselves that you can recreate without difficulty. Bear in mind I only have UTX/GSX and very little add-on scenery. So is their a default location, airport for example where you take off in direction x with set weather that always or has a greater than 50% chance of seeing spikes? The first thing is to establish a control because only then will a cure be found.

I'm using the 13.4 drivers.

I have a 7770 with CCC 13.9 and display driver 13.152.0.0....................

I have UTX but not GEX. I have FSGenesis and FScene 4X. I am running Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. I normally fly low (3-6,000 ft) and between 200-250 kts.

I "had" the spikes and CAN force them back when I increase my scenery density AND try to run at a priority above Normal. I have monitored by GPU usage and I can push it to above 95% on a consistent basis.

So right now "MY" solution is to keep scenery density at normal, radius medium and run at Normal priority using all CPU's. No CPU dedicated to an add-on.

Of course IF I run into heavy clouds it definitely has an impact. My FPS hang between 15-25 and I have Unlimited set. I also have Bufferpools ON. I have very few stutters.

I set CCC (AA Supersampling, enhance or override application settings and Tessellation AMD optimized). I do not use SweetFX or Radeon Pro.

Hope this information helps getting to a conclusion for everyone. It would be nice if AMD comes back with an updated driver that solves all of our problems. I have NOT tried the latest Beta driver.

Regards,

Bob

EDIT: My water setting is low 2.x............

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Ive been following this thread because like a lot of you Ive been having the exact same issues with graphics spiking and have tried absolutely everything and i mean everything  to try and fix this damn problem. sometimes it would get so bad that the whole screen would be covered in messed up graphics. im using a 7970 in dx10 mode with the dx10 fixer and all settings enabled in the dx10 fixer tool. I made an adjustment to my LOD radius today from 4.5 to 6.5 and guess what?? no more spikes for me :) I thought noo wayy so I tested and tested again and yes, not a spike in sight. .. Normally my spikes or whatever you want to call them used to start about 5 mins after taking off and would get worse as i flew on, it would get so bad i could never finish a flight. today I finished two full flights lasting approx a hour and a half each with no spiking what so ever.. hope this works for you guys too. let me know if it fixes your problem.

forgot to mention this used to happen even before installing the dx10 fixer so I believe it has nothing to do with the dx10 fixer tool. i have bufferpools enabled in my cfg along with the usual tweaks and edits. I doubt its to do with the bufferpools setting or water shader setting. My water setting is on low 2.x

Hope this helps some of you and fixes your spiking issue. I know how frustrating it can be lol....

Im using a XFX 7970,  i7 3770k oc'd to 4.8ghz and 16gb 2400mhz Gskill trident X DDR3.

Now.. im off to Amsterdam in my PMDG T7 and spike free sim!!  Finally i can now spend more time flying instead of tinkering  and fixing problems lol

Oh and the dx10 fixer tool is amazing, completely changed fsx for me. Fsx now runs like a dream :)

Happy trails :)

LOD radius today from 4.5 to 6.5 and guess what??

I just tried LOD at 6.5 and no artifacts/spikes!! I did get some stutter but your CPU/GPU are much stronger than mine so I would expect that. Hope others are having some luck!! :biggrin:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I just tried LOD at 6.5 and no artifacts/spikes!! I did get some stutter but your CPU/GPU are much stronger than mine so I would expect that. Hope others are having some luck!! :biggrin:

Guess I could try it but this sounds like madness. LOL

But to be honest I was not getting them anymore. Unless I cranked the water past 2xlow.

C.