Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Prepar3d Update...

New Update from P3D Website.

We have a new way of doing full screen. The old way was buggy, and had lots of bugs we simply could not fix without creating a new way. We've created a new mode, with more customization, that allows many more of our customers to be successful in their training setups.

It does not have a 6% speed penalty. Please let's set the record straight, I'll take a minute to explain it a little bit.

In the absolute worst case, which none of you would be likely to ever hit, it could possibly be a maximum 6% speed penalty. In most cases, you won't be able to notice it. In many of our cases, we see a marked improvement in customers and solutions with multiple windows and monitors in fullscreen. However even if you fell into the small case that would lose some performance from full screen, there are many other things we've done which more than make up for that small loss.

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

New Update from P3D Website

Where did you find this? I looked on their website couldn't see it anywhere.

New Update from P3D Website.

We have a new way of doing full screen. The old way was buggy, and had lots of bugs we simply could not fix without creating a new way. We've created a new mode, with more customization, that allows many more of our customers to be successful in their training setups.

It does not have a 6% speed penalty. Please let's set the record straight, I'll take a minute to explain it a little bit.

In the absolute worst case, which none of you would be likely to ever hit, it could possibly be a maximum 6% speed penalty. In most cases, you won't be able to notice it. In many of our cases, we see a marked improvement in customers and solutions with multiple windows and monitors in fullscreen. However even if you fell into the small case that would lose some performance from full screen, there are many other things we've done which more than make up for that small loss.

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

This is good news.

Regards

Bob

This is good news.

Regards

Bob

Agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I really dont understand this obsession of worrying over the 6%.  This is a professional simulator and aimed as such for the most part to the professionals, and training centers, and I highly doubt they would put up with poor performance. 1.4 has been more like a beta, and im sure 2.0 is looking to make a huge step in really making a name for itself. Im sure the dev team are very much aware of keeping performance at the highest level possible and doing everything possible to weed out bottlenecks and performance killers. It only makes sense to do that. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I really dont understand this obsession of worrying over the 6%.  This is a professional simulator and aimed as such for the most part to the professionals, and training centers, and I highly doubt they would put up with poor performance. 1.4 has been more like a beta, and im sure 2.0 is looking to make a huge step in really making a name for itself. Im sure the dev team are very much aware of keeping performance at the highest level possible and doing everything possible to weed out bottlenecks and performance killers. It only makes sense to do that. 

It's likely because we're so use to having to constantly tweak FSX for every percentage point we can get. With FSX a tweak that increases performance by 6% is pretty significant for most.

I'll admit that this is a mindset that I'm having a hard time getting past. Personally . . . I'll be thrilled if Prepar3d preforms anywhere near as well as MS Flight.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I do believe L-M are finally teaching the horse to sing...

Entirely made up numbers, but let's suppose that the new GPU rendering system results in a modest 20% increase in speed. Even a 6% loss of that increase still results in a significant net gain.

But then, we may not see any such hypothetical loss at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill - I always appreciate it when someone looks at "the glass half full"! Refreshing to say the least in light of some of the threads of the last week.

:lol:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's likely because we're so use to having to constantly tweak FSX for every percentage point we can get. With FSX a tweak that increases performance by 6% is pretty significant for most.

I'll admit that this is a mindset that I'm having a hard time getting past. Personally . . . I'll be thrilled if Prepar3d preforms anywhere near as well as MS Flight.

I agree! The comunity is getting old and will not forget what happend when FSX was released.

And I also agree that with P3D 2.0, an imporved code and modern hardware (especially GPU-power) and additional improvements in the next point-releases (SLI, etc.) things will be better and better B). 

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I agree! The comunity is getting old and will not forget what happend when FSX was released.

Nonsense! Not me!

Bill - I always appreciate it when someone looks at "the glass half full"! Refreshing to say the least in light of some of the threads of the last week.

:lol:

Vic

More nonsense!  -_-  I'd say the glass is overflowing, dripping down your elbow, catching the thigh by running into your midrift, making you look like you were day dreaming a pleasant thought a minute or so too long, but running the other way too, rounding down 45 degrees on your knees, falling down your calf and filling your shoes!

We never dreamed of having it this good!

Kind regards,

That's the spirit ! :smile:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4