Sign in to follow this  
red259

OOM on long haul flights

I would like it to use less vas, but I'm not sure any updates will be able to fix that.

They won't.

Not real issues - please don't repost these:

- Out of Memory (OOM) errors.

• Pages 21-25 of the Introduction manual contain a very detailed discussion of why this occurs with a whole bunch of recommendations for dealing with it. Please read it if you experience this error.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

What was the rush to releasing such an unfinish product at $90 !!???

I love the thumbs down and thumbs up  voting for the posts ...option ...  :lol:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

They won't.

Actually in their list of fixes that I looked at after there is an item or two they are looking that may help reduce vas usage slightly. I forget what those items were but they are in the to be fixed thread. Every little bit helps I suppose.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with your system, but the bugs I have found with the 777 are annoying, but do not prevent me from flying. Compared with other software releases I would say the product is par for the course or better in terms of stability at the time of release. Again your system may be having issues with the product that mine is not and I can only speak from my own experience. I would like it to use less vas, but I'm not sure any updates will be able to fix that. I do wish they would communicate more about update status and release of the sdk.

Red259, tell me how many OS rebuild and FSX re-install I have to do to get things in order....Tell me how many !!? I would like to remind, I don't have the same issue with NGX.

I have an i7 2600k, 8GB RAM, nVIDIA gtx 580, Windows 7, 64 bit, FSX SP1, SP2.

As much as  I love FSX and NGX products, I do understand but on the other side, I am a bloody customer and I am not satisfied...

Bloody Hell !

Regis

Regis Biassala 

While it is a hubby to all of us, it is a hubby and a business to them.

I am a bloody customer and I am not satisfied...

Your spelling is better when your angry :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Your spelling is better when your angry :lol:

Hello old friend. Should that be your or you're?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers Dave B

Hello old friend. Should that be your or you're?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers Dave B

Gidday Dave,ya got me !! :blush:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Okay, I'm happy now!

I've tried to restart FSX shortly before descending on my 5h flight from KATL to KSFO.

The VAS has decreased from 3.2 to 2.1! But I've still ended up at Flightbeam KSFO with 3.6 (perfect weather, no clouds)

Could be very close in very bad weather conditions, but the restart has preserved me from oom.

Will do this on all long hauls now, it seems to be the most effective solution for me :wink:

Sebi

Regards, Sebastian

Hi Guys,

I have had the oom's the first was on CTP Eastbound, i was really peeved, never ever had such an error, i went back and looked at everything that i have installed and changed over the previous weeks.

I made some small changes, and now when i load up with UK2000 Heathrow Extreme with Active Sky 2012 textures etc, FTX Global ORBX England, EZcam, Highmem=1 BP=0 Texture Load=2048, PMDG 777, my VAS starts at just over 2.2GB and while taxing and after takeoff it reduces to 1.9GB.

I am going to fly the BAV Overnighter 14 this coming weekend from Heathrow to South Korea Incheon, and will report back after this flight.

I really hope that i have now sorted out that issue, as i just love my 777!

Hi Guys,

I have had the oom's the first was on CTP Eastbound, i was really peeved, never ever had such an error, i went back and looked at everything that i have installed and changed over the previous weeks.

I made some small changes, and now when i load up with UK2000 Heathrow Extreme with Active Sky 2012 textures etc, FTX Global ORBX England, EZcam, Highmem=1 BP=0 Texture Load=2048, PMDG 777, my VAS starts at just over 2.2GB and while taxing and after takeoff it reduces to 1.9GB.

I am going to fly the BAV Overnighter 14 this coming weekend from Heathrow to South Korea Incheon, and will report back after this flight.

I really hope that i have now sorted out that issue, as i just love my 777!

What changes did you make? I never get that low, although I only have the demo of heathrow and don't even have it loaded at the moment. My lowest vas airport is flytampa tncm and that gives me around 2.5 to 2.6 by takeoff (using 737 not 777 even). I have the same settings as you with bp, hihmem and tex load. 

Hi red259,

Firstly, please sign your posts with your name and surname, otherwise Robert will press the delete key on the post.

Secondly, i must be honest i dont know how i got it that low, i just read everyones comments and made some changes that made sense and there you go, off course the test will be the 10+ hour flight from Heathrow to South Korea.

Secondly, i must be honest i dont know how i got it that low, i just read everyones comments and made some changes that made sense and there you

I agree, 1.9Gb with all those addons is quite low. (not impossible but it is low).

Many who have OOM problems also have FTX Global so I have started to believe this puts a very high VAS load on the system. (I dont have it).

Anyway, you proove the contrary!

Unless....You are reading VAS (with a program like process explorer) right?

You are not just looking at how much RAM is in use with Windows task manager?

Rob Robson