Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Simcheck A300

I would like to know opinions about Simcheck A300.

Is it worth of interest and buying ?

How deeply and accurate this plane is modelled ?

Unfortunately their web page is quite skimpy, so cannot judge without owners help.

Appreciate all opinions.

Artur 

It's a superb aircraft. Full systems. Great sounds and spot in FDE. Also the FMC update will be available soon! :)

I was also very interested in this plane, but since no FMC update have been made I will keep my money!

If the developer (which is one men) will release the FMC update I will be more than glad to pay for it!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Unless you really want to fly an A300 then buy it. Systems are modelled very well. VC outdated and clunky. If you don't care about graphics then it is a yes.

I am a spoiled graphic (PMDG & Co) simmer user, so I am a bit fussy about graphics.

Systemwise as above, but the model, especially at VC, looks very outdated.

+1

Unless you really want to fly an A300 then buy it. Systems are modelled very well. VC outdated and clunky. If you don't care about graphics then it is a yes.

I am a spoiled graphic (PMDG & Co) simmer user, so I am a bit fussy about graphics.

+1

Also the FMC update will be available soon! :)

To be fair, I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath for the FMC; it has been said to be "available soon" for about 2 years now!

As others have said, it has great systems, lovely sound, but the graphics are well below today's standards (certainly well below PMDG, AXE, etc).

I retired mine permanently about a year ago, (at the same time as the blessed LDS767 was finally permanently retired.

Ok so the cv isn't the greatest and the night lighting is....annoying (for main panel) but great for FE panel! Also the latest info on the FMC update is from today as I've been following/chasing progress avidly.

It's definitely worth a buy. I just wish there was an A300-600!!!

where do you see that latest news?

All i can see on simchecks forum is a post from June 2013 saying it's nearly done:

Hi all,

After many delays partly due to lack of time of our developer group, we are finally seeing the end of the tunnel in the development of the FMC upgrade of the A300B4-200.

We aim to release the upgrade in August 2013.

Thank you very much for your continued support and patience.

Björn

That *supposed* release was 4 month's ago...

I own the A-300 and the graphics whilst not up to 2013 modern standards are ok. It's a busy plane and for me the lack of an FMC is not a problem as it's experiencing retro flying and there are a zillion FMC equipped aircraft to choose from.

The immersion factor is great and I would recommend this product in a heartbeat.

This graphic looks like panel made by Mr.Benoit Gaurant for FS9... ( nice one btw ) 

As said, definitely Simcheck A300 is not 2013 standard, but from screens i can find i think i can live with it, i think it is not as bad not to use it.

Even more important is how accurate systems are done, and this seems to be solid work.

I am a bit tired of all those glass cockpits ...

Artur 

Have any of you tried the INS system with the A300? It's pretty good. That's what I do, it's a nice retro feel and works really well.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Have any of you tried the INS system with the A300? It's pretty good. That's what I do, it's a nice retro feel and works really well.

Lee

Yes, it's a really good iteration of the INS - one of the best out there.    But personally, I like to fly the old airliners, but as they fly today and there are no aircraft flying with INS any more.    There are plenty of A300B2s flying, but they have been retro-fitted with various types of FMS.

Same in the Coolsky DC-9 .... I love it!!! ... but wanted to fly it as the likes of Delta fly it today, not VOR flying (which I like to do in a Cessna not a DC-9 :lol:), so I retro-fitted the FP FMS.

I dont find the vc that bad. The plane has character I find....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

IGS ( or is it ISG?) makes an FMC package for the Simcheck A300. You could use that for the time being.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090