Sign in to follow this  
HugoStiglitz

So what will be your next flight sim?

With Prepar3D V2 coming out, i imagine a large number of FSX users will switch. What will you do? Personally, I will go from X-Plane to P3D V2 just for the addons and increased performance (Using Airbus X at an ORBX airport while using REX and various addons and getting an acceptable FPS is my dream! :P ). However, PMDG currently doesn't support P3D, so will that effect your decision? Will you stay with FSX? Or go to X-Plane since PMDG announced a project for it? 

BTW, the Aerosoft Airbus X, REX and ORBX work in FSX, as well ...   B)  

Right, but how much FPS do you get while using the A320 at Brisbane with REX 2048 textures?  ^_^

definetly will get P3D v2, but will also keep FSX, i have a lot of space on my second HDD on my laptop. FSX will stay on SSD with Win8.1. I wonder how will it perform.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Right, but how much FPS do you get while using the A320 at Brisbane with REX 2048 512 textures?  ^_^

I corrected your post for you!!!   :lol:

At YBBN (ORBX airport on top of FTX region) I use a different FSX profile (trading performance for quality).

If you're really interested, I could post a screenshot in a couple of hours, demonstrating visual detail and frame rates.

I am wiping my SSD, reinstalling Windows, installing P3D 2.0, installing FSUIPC and Q400, purchasing FTX Global and A2A 172, flying and having fun with the improvements until further ORBX products are updated/released (AU and PNW should be amazing) which will be my only scenery products for now.

Determined to keep my install clean and only install what I am going to use/fly

Anything I already own that is FSX only and not being updated for P3D will be consigned to my backup drive for evermore next to my FS2004 stuff (that includes the NGX)

End of....

Switching to P3D no doubt.

I'm going to completely wipe my non-compatible addons, sadly that includes the $90 PMDG T7, but ah, that's the price of progress.

Aamir Thacker

If it's up to me I will switch to P3D and never ever touch FXS anymore. I am also going to completely reinstall the OS etc. I already only installed in FSX what I actually use and I plan on keeping that habit with P3D. I will also not install a few things I do use right now while I am awaiting a few Orbx add ons (Vector, OpenLC).

I said 'if it's up to me' because I yet have to see how well P3D 2.0 performs and if I actually like the improvements. I guess I will but you can't be certain until you tried it yourself. So I am not burning my FSX discs yet…  ^_^

So I am not burning my FSX discs yet… 

'Course not..
Yet...

Hopefully it's all it's made out to be. I can't wait, but at the same time I'm hesitant because I don't want this to suck. Ugh.

Aamir Thacker

If you're really interested, I could post a screenshot in a couple of hours, demonstrating visual detail and frame rates.

Sounds good ;)

Taking a wait and see approach.  If the reviews from the community are very good then I will probably add it to my current FSX sim (new hard drive and P3D).  I will keep FSX as long as ConcordeX is unable to port over.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I will just add P3D2 to my collection, and continue to use FS2004, FSX and P3D1.4 as before.

I'm not a "switcher". I like the flexibility of having several sims. That way I can tailor them to certain addons (scenery and aircraft). Aa we all know, the more addons you install into a single sim, the more likely you are to create conflicts and provoke a crash!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm the no1 lover of PMDG, but I don't understand why they don't support P3D...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk Pro

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Legal reasons, Jose. And by "legal", I mean "spawn of the devil".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png