Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Latest photos of Carenado Embraer Phenom 100

I will wait a couple days to see what the truth is about the G1000.

I've put up a user review here. Am quite happy with this add-on!

Nice, evocative review of flying the real plane, here:

http://davidwihl.blogspot.com/2009/10/flying-embraer-phenom-100.html

The simulation does an excellent job of replicating those perceptions.

Only niggle I've found so far is that the pitot heating systems I think are automatic, but unless you hit the FSX key to turn the heater on, the pitot will ice up and your airspeed will then not be visible (though the Mach number on the PFD still updates).

I'd imagine that's an easy fix. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update: already heard back from Carenado this morning, they confirmed that pitot heat is automated in the Phenom and will be correcting this in a future patch.

Given that Carenado usually has a window of time where they gather user feedback and implement any changes/fixes identified, if you purchase this plane, and notice anything you can confirm is actually wrong with it (rather than a missed "nice to have" feature.... nothing has everything!), be sure to contact them quickly with details on the issue.

I've found if they have good info, they are responsive to it, but will not entertain a series of updates over an extended period of time, just my experience with them.

One thing I would love Carenado to do is to go back, pick one airplane that they've already made and add deep systems to it.  I mean really do it...like they do their visuals.  Even folks that have sworn off Carenado (like myself) would break out in sweats...trying...trying not to click that Buy button. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

One thing I would love Carenado to do is to go back, pick one airplane that they've already made and add deep systems to it. I mean really do it...like they do their visuals. Even folks that have sworn off Carenado (like myself) would break out in sweats...trying...trying not to click that Buy button.

Gregg

If they did that with the TBM, I'd buy it for sure. I still think the FDE is suspect though...

If they did that with the TBM, I'd buy it for sure. I still think the FDE is suspect though...

Yeah, that would be legendary.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

One thing I would love Carenado to do is to go back, pick one airplane that they've already made and add deep systems to it.  I mean really do it...like they do their visuals.  Even folks that have sworn off Carenado (like myself) would break out in sweats...trying...trying not to click that Buy button. 

Gregg

I just don't get from a business perspective  to deliver a product and not lsten to the customer. there are forums here ranting and complaining over and over about the same problems with the planes and there is just no "next-level" improvement.

.... and they're about six, hard-core people. Many a company has been sunk by listening only to the hard core.

Further, those six have mainly been obsessing over what the Flight1 Mustang has -- a similar plane -- that this hasn't, to the point that they have created a perception that Carenado is doing NOTHING but building pretty, new models.

Which, if you look up the thread, and actually look at what's in the plane, you will see simply isn't so.

And, they've been so fixated on what matters to them, they have been blind to what HAS actually been improved, changed, added, updated, and they've turned a tiny anthill into Mt. Vesuvius and the entire Swiss Alps combined.

Which for some reason irritates me no end, as badly as what MS did with Flight. No idea why, it just does. Just my thoughts.

What companies have been sunk by listening to the"hard core?" What is the "hard core?"

The F1 Mustang is actually a very simple jet to set up and fly. That's what makes it (and the Phenom) so attractive to pilot-owners and smaller businesses. The only thing that many of us want is the option to update the navdata, have a correctly modelled FLC function, and not have missing buttons and switches. We're not requesting engine failures and random depressurizations. At the least Carenado could contact Mindstar and say we would like to make our addon compatible with your G1000 suite. Mindstar just might be willing to create a Prodigy version of the G1000 in response. Carenado doesn't even have to create the package. If they do that, they would probably double the interest in their products and not even raise the price. That would be a win win for them and the customer.

Todd

Yup completely agree Todd

Apparently you have everything you want here in the Flight1 Mustang. 

So why feel the need to beat up on something you're clearly not interested in?

Unless you just want to use this as an opportunity to advertise the Flight1 Mustang in the thread......

It used to bother me because I thought that, since Carenado did an airplane, nobody else would do it.  Lately, it seems that that's not the case.  Case in point, 3 companies have King Airs now (Carenado, Flight1 and Milviz...in progress).  I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone else did a TBM.  So, if Carenado is making money creating these airplanes then more power to them.  I don't buy them but I do enjoy the screenshots folks make and the beauty of their designs.  Let's let people that are happy with them be happy.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Guest JustanotherPilot

I'll pass on the Phenom and wait for the Hawker Jet they're working on. In the mean time, I've discovered fun factor in the RealAir Turbine Duke, 270knots at FL250 and you really have to fly the aircraft or it overheats and/or over-speeds if the VNE is only slightly reached. Full IFR and a range of 1400nm gets you anywhere, anytime. It's so ugly looking, you really become attracted to it. I prefer this to the Carenado B200 that has similar performance.