Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohsirus

MegaScenery Earth Quality Scenery for XPX?

Just checked out Simheavan's US Offerings and have to say that the quality of MSE for the east coast is far superior. Is there a way to get MSE quality or MSE textures on XPX?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just checked out Simheavan's US Offerings and have to say that the quality of MSE for the east coast is far superior. Is there a way to get MSE quality or MSE textures on XPX?

SimHeaven is freeware -- using Google and Bing images. MSE is payware -- so you are not really criticizing SimHeaven here?

To answer your question: You can check out RealScenery's packages at X-Aviation, but most of them are for XP9 (i.e. with lower resolution). There's also the UK from Flight1.

That's it for payware photo scenery, I guess.

SimHeaven is freeware -- using Google and Bing images. MSE is payware -- so you are not really criticizing SimHeaven here?

To answer your question: You can check out RealScenery's packages at X-Aviation, but most of them are for XP9 (i.e. with lower resolution). There's also the UK from Flight1.

That's it for payware photo scenery, I guess.

Not criticizing Simheaven's free offering, I just know now that if thats all thats available hopefully someone will raise the bar on the quality, freeware or payware offering. X-Aviation does'nt offer the regions I would like.

I 'd suggest that people interested in Megascenery Earth write to the manufacturer and encourage them to make their scenery files available to X-Plane users. I wrote several months ago and got a nice response, but no files were produced. So, maybe more xp fans could write and ask for xp support.

I 'd suggest that people interested in Megascenery Earth write to the manufacturer and encourage them to make their scenery files available to X-Plane users. I wrote several months ago and got a nice response, but no files were produced. So, maybe more xp fans could write and ask for xp support.

You're right, but I know they follow the forums. I just bought their DC city region today for FSX, but I haven't fired up FSX in a long time and I would love to be able to have my regions XPX'dified. I'm done now for regions unless they start releasing ones converted for XPX.

RealScenery have had a NorCal scenery in development for half a decade or so. It's going to totally change the world once it's released in 2025 or so  :lol:

I agree, I would love to see MegaSceneryEarth start producing for XPX/64.  It would really be a game changer.

Yes indeed. Especially for the US and Australasia, which is not covered by extensive freeware sites such as Simheaven (except major cities) or ZonePhoto. I for one would be happy to part with some cash in order to fly over photoscenery in my neck of the woods (downunder). Pity the overall sim market is so small here, let alone for XP10 itself.

This topic brings up an interesting discussion, actually. 

Ohsirus, what areas are you most interested in getting at the moment if a developer was willing to start working on it today? For that matter, what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California? 

This topic brings up an interesting discussion, actually.

Ohsirus, what areas are you most interested in getting at the moment if a developer was willing to start working on it today? For that matter, what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California?

The Great Lakes region.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Cameron,

For my part, in the US, apart from California, it would be the states of:

-Washington

-New York

-Massachusetts

what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California?

Washington (Edit: The state. And Alaska. And if you're doing non-US one day, add British Columbia to the list).

But a release of NorCal would be appreciated, too ;)

Washington

Considering you have listed all east coast regions, I am going to go on a limb and assume you mean DC and not the state?

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California in high quality for the entire state.

Yes, Washington (state!) and British Columbia with all their massive, mountainous scenery might look quite good!

I'd like my home state - New Jersey. Also Maine, Wyoming, Arizona...................... I have WA state.

Maybe Megascenery Earth and a FPX developer/distributor could make a carryover possible.

Let Megascenery know your interest.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

I'd like my home state - New Jersey. Also Maine, Wyoming, Arizona...................... I have WA state.

Maybe Megascenery Earth and a FPX developer/distributor could make a carryover possible.

Let Megascenery know your interest.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

Officially COOL!!

Let's see.

MSE uses this USGS data, which is free to download and use at your whim:

http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/

Zoom around, make sure you click the IMAGERY on the left side menu, and also click Imagery at the top of the map so you see the photoscenery map. There is a bounding box tool that will allow you to selct any area you want, and then it allows you to download the photos in convenient large size tiles. There are many places that are 12 inches/pixel, and the rest of the USA in 1 meter/pixel. It is slow to zoom in so give it time. However, when you hit the download button, it will load much faster.

The reason I post this is because you guys want it, and it's free and easy for the picking right there. I have no idea how to make photoscenery in XP yet since I am still contemplating buying it. But I do have Switzerland in 50cm awesomeness for FSX/P3D. I'd love to do this with XP because I see the potential.

The reason I post this is because you guys want it, and it's free and easy for the picking right there. I have no idea how to make photoscenery in XP yet since I am still contemplating buying it. But I do have Switzerland in 50cm awesomeness for FSX/P3D. I'd love to do this with XP because I see the potential.

You might start looking here (for free):

http://simheaven.com/?page_id=238

Or without Photoscenery, but HD Mesh Scenery v2 it might look like this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427425-exploring-switzerland-in-hd/

For that matter, what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California? 

OKLAHOMA CITY area, and or Oklahoma in general. I know this area is not very desirable to a lot of people, no mountains,(a few mole hills), and of course Oklahoma City and Tulsa the largest metro areas is hard to compete with LA NYC Boston or Dallas and the like. I don't have the time to make scenery myself, and of course probably not the talent required either, so am stuck with other peoples interests. 

Of course I would spend money !!

Minnesota, Iowa, Dakotas, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Montana would be nice hope sometime mega earth ports it over to Xplane and have roads it line up with. Sim heaven Europe just needs USA and Canada. USGS idea its possisble rather pay someone for USA and Canada as Montana like the size 5 European countries combined. At 1m pixed its better suited for XPX because no blurries and better

fps.