Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Newbie" Forum - Comments?

I think the idea being that with this idea in place, focused moderation wouldn't be too difficult to achieve. 

It's one thing to moderate a single subsection for this kind of thing vs the entire forum. 

Anyone foolish enough to start trouble in the newcomers section is just asking for it  :Bring It On:

Regards,

Brian Doney

I think the idea being that with this idea in place, focused moderation wouldn't be too difficult to achieve. 

It's one thing to moderate a single subsection for this kind of thing vs the entire forum. 

Anyone foolish enough to start trouble in the newcomers section is just asking for it  :Bring It On:

Gotta agree here.. Tom seems like he would be passing on a zero tolerance enforcement to this section.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Gotta agree here.. Tom seems like he would be passing on a zero tolerance enforcement to this section.. 

Exactly. Jim and crew would have zero tolerance, and those that insist would be ferreted out real quick. And that would remove them as problems elsewhere in the forums.

And the new member forum is now online and operational. Help when you can folks. A lot of new members will be appreciative, I am sure.

An introduction to simming by Snave is a trial by fire if there ever was one

I kept my distance from Snave, as I had this terrible fear that people would think he was a blood relative, I can assure everyone he is not, in fact I think he was created out of chemical spillage, and mutated into a forum bully. :lol:

And the new member forum is now online and operational. Help when you can folks. A lot of new members will be appreciative, I am sure.

Great Tom. I am sure it will be a great success.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You got it boss. 

I hit the "Follow" button and will help as I can.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Still a bit skeptical but all you can do is try something and if it doesn't work, try something else until you find something that does work. The main thing is a problem has been recognized and a solution is being sought - sounds good to me :smile:

A great idea!

Come on Jim, be nice. <_<

:biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I kept my distance from Snave, as I had this terrible fear that people would think he was a blood relative, I can assure everyone he is not, in fact I think he was created out of chemical spillage, and mutated into a forum bully. :lol:

The last sighting of Simon was a few suitcases underarm running away from the Christchurch earthquakes !! Give him my best regards Christmas Day Julian.  :lol:  :lol:

Actually Simon (SNAVE) Evans was most recently banned from AVSIM AGAIN as recently as September, if my memory serves me at all. He responded in typical fashion, that is that he had a lot more user accounts on AVSIM and he was surprised I missed them. I wasn't looking, truth be told. Simon has a distinct "spoor" that he leaves behind and many of us old timers can smell it a mile away (and the report button is a wondrous thing indeed!). His ego won't let him NOT return. He'll be back cause he just can't stop himself. He's a very sad little British man that apparently lives in the midlands and has zero friends. Of course, with that ego of his, I just don't understand why that is the case. Hi Simon!!!

Edit: And I am quite sure that the next time we ban him, he will end up on the community Wall of Shame. After all, once you have been banned from every major forum in our community at least once, that deserves some recognition, don't you think? Now only if we could get a picture of the cretin to go along with the Wall entry.... Wouldn't that be sweet?

.......... Now only if we could get a picture of the cretin to go along with the Wall entry.... Wouldn't that be sweet?

Reminds me of the hunt for the true identity and picture of the "Stig" on Top Gear!

Reminds me of the hunt for the true identity and picture of the "Stig" on Top Gear!

Yeah, I am actually thinking of posting a reward for anyone that can find an image of the SNAVE and show proof that that is the toad himself! :Big Grin:

The Stig... a hero to many!

Actually Simon (SNAVE) Evans was most recently banned from AVSIM AGAIN as recently as September, if my memory serves me at all. He responded in typical fashion, that is that he had a lot more user accounts on AVSIM and he was surprised I missed them. I wasn't looking, truth be told. Simon has a distinct "spoor" that he leaves behind and many of us old timers can smell it a mile away (and the report button is a wondrous thing indeed!). His ego won't let him NOT return. He'll be back cause he just can't stop himself.

Why not set up a "SNAVE" forum? Anything goes (within reason). We can bring Jim Skorna in as referee (and no offense Jim, because I know you can do this) and set Simon up against those older members who have seen and heard it all before. I'm quite sure that in its own obscure, yet obscene way, it would be quite humorous.

Just think ..... threads such as "ASN vs Opus", "P3D vs FSX vs FS9 vs XPlane", "Read The Manual Guys vs Those That Can't Be Bothered To Read" can all be sent by the mods to the "Snave Cave" forum. The mind boggles, but that's only because I am already in the Christmas mood. 

PS And Jim has final say on the score!  :lol:  :lol:

Oh what's the point of it all? The nevbie that graduates from the kindergarten forum is eventually going to face the know-it-all Americans, the Pompous Arse British, the humorless Germans, and the snarky New Zealanders, so what is the use?

:rolleyes:

The last sighting of Simon was a few suitcases underarm running away from the Christchurch earthquakes !! Give him my best regards Christmas Day Julian.  :lol:  :lol:

LOL, I probably won't even get a postcard from the little cretin. Simon, if your listening, call home!!!! You left ya false teeth behind.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.