Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Anxiously Awaiting Carenado's B1900

I'll be buying this as soon as it is released.  It looks like Carenado is always raising the quality of their products with each release. I believe this one will be impressive.

Just checked out the FB pics and WOW..the cockpit shots are spectacular. I'm single handedly going to reduce my bank account to $0.00 with all the great stuff coming out. Oh well, time to call the bank and ask them to skip a mortgage payment :lol:

When the 1900D was announced, I was excited.  When the first pictures of the main panel were posted, my heart sank.  This 1900D looks like one that has been rebuilt for an executive, the avionics are certainly not what would have come in a 1900 straight from the factory.  Even 1900's that have had GPS installed, the GPS is generally a Bendix-King KLN-90, sometimes a Garmin 400, but those in commercial service typically do not have GNS-530 and an Avidyne.  To me it looks like Carenado is simply recycling their B200 panel.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

When the 1900D was announced, I was excited. When the first pictures of the main panel were posted, my heart sank. This 1900D looks like one that has been rebuilt for an executive, the avionics are certainly not what would have come in a 1900 straight from the factory. Even 1900's that have had GPS installed, the GPS is generally a Bendix-King KLN-90, sometimes a Garmin 400, but those in commercial service typically do not have GNS-530 and an Avidyne. To me it looks like Carenado is simply recycling their B200 panel.

Yes I agree completely. No GPS or option for the RXP430 would've been perfect

Regards, Lee

Just want to point out in that screenshot, the nav data expiration looks like Feb. 20th, 2014.

To stir the pot, that may be an easter egg release date, or could be just a placemarker, as cycle 1403 comes out on Feb. 27th, not the 20th, and 1401 expires Feb. 6th.

*runs away*

Hey, it might be possible :P

Carenado Yes, the FMS does work.

I can't find anything regarding this on their FB page, where did you see it?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I can't find anything regarding this on their FB page, where did you see it?

It is on their FB page. Its in an older comment somewhere down the page. "yes, the FMC works" could mean a lot of things" RW Navdata is my question.

Probably means "yes you turn it on and your fsx flight plan is loaded" and that's it.

Unless of course it's Ernie Alston's GNX, which would change things. Still judging by their simulation of the EHSI in the King Airs it might not change things

I honestly doubt it'll have any use other than default GPS in disguise. Hope i'm wrong, really.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yeah I've seen that.... It's freeware. And I'll leave it at that! ( I do appreciate freeware developers!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Probably means "yes you turn it on and your fsx flight plan is loaded" and that's it.

Unless of course it's Ernie Alston's GNX, which would change things. Still judging by their simulation of the EHSI in the King Airs it might not change things

Exactly what I was thinking. Ernie and all. yes that EHSI in the B90 and 200 is terrible! But it may be able to be replaced with the iSG1 EHSI. If they dont improve it, wish they would at least leave it blank to install ISG1 gauges.

The 1900D( deluxe) ;). I love flying this plane, it's got lots of power, handles well in bad WX( trust me I've flown in bad WX) All planes in the fleet have dual efis, dual FD, kln90b and or g500, sandel units(taws), WX rdr..So the avionics are pretty good, and yes the cockpit is somewhat familiar to the king air...and that's a Beechcraft thing. Just like an airbus or Boeing. the 1900 being a superior plane for power, electronics..ie the triple fed system... Lots of redundancy aboard this rig. Not an easy plane to fly, Fast app speeds 140kts to FAF ref at 111-120+ depending on wt and wx conditions. If and when I ever decide to move on to bigger rigs, I know it will be an easy transition...having several thousand hours on type It never gets boring, I love this plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk