Sign in to follow this  

Affinity Mask. Holy XXXX! It works!

So if you have issues and are using the 172... You might have found your problem.. I deleted it myself..

Ah, ok, didn't know about those problems. Luckily they aren't deal breakers for me. ^_^ This plane is my favorite by FAR so I am happy being able to fly it as it is.

OK, DME works with NAV1, not NAV2. I tried ILS/DME's and VORs, same thing. Sure did fly nicely though...

Ah LOL The RXP! Good find! Luckily it flies well once you're flying. That nose problem probably had to do with the situation in which you loaded the plane? Didn't have that happen to me, luckily. ^_^

And thanks for checking the DME!!! Now I know it's not P3D but me. Or better said, my computer. I've read other posts on the A2A forum from people who had this problem on occasion so I'll see what A2A does with it.

I know LM said they have somehow implemented the tweak and that is isn't needed anymore, but BOY, were they wrong about that!

Hi Jeroen,

of course is the affinity mask working and if you had read the manual for P3D v2 then you would have seen their recommendation how to use it.

Spirit

It is needed in P3d2, only because LM uses a default AM that is not optimal for many systems. AM never did anything useful in P3d 1.x., because P3d 1.x used as many cores as it could by default.

Thanks for this, but what value should I use if I have an i7-3770k OC to 4.5ghz?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks for this, but what value should I use if I have an i7-3770k OC to 4.5ghz?

Your CPU has 4 cores/8 threads, isn't it?

The right affinity mask for you would be 84 if Hyper threading is switched on in the BIOS. If HT is switched off then 14 would be correct.

Spirit

Wouldn't it be a value of 254 to have the equivalent effect of 14 in a 2 core cpu?

Sent from my Mobile thing

Wouldn't it be a value of 254 to have the equivalent effect of 14 in a 2 core cpu?

Sent from my Mobile thing

No, if HT is switched off 2 is the right number and if HT is on then 4 would be good.

254 is binary 11111110 so you see yourself what it means.

Spirit

I found it somewhere and it may help a lot.

Spirit

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

- Far right bit = core #0 physical

- If HT is on in BIOS then from right core #0 to left =

(Bit 0 = Core #0 physical, Bit 1 = Core #0 Logical)

etc to the left counting upwards for each core

- In the tables below the far left number is the affinity mask

then it's bit representation

------------------------------------------------

-Dual Core, HT off in BIOS, OR non HT processor

2 = 10 - Donot use windows core

3 = 11 - Use windows core

-Dual Core, HT on in BIOS, Donot utilize HT

4 = 100 - Donot use windows core

5 = 101 - Use windows core

-Dual Core, HT on in BIOS, Utilize HT

12 = 1100 - Donot use windows core

15 = 1111 - Use windows core

-Quad Core, HT off in BIOS, OR non HT processor

14 = 1110 - Donot use windows core

15 = 1111 - Use windows core

-Quad Core, HT on in BIOS, Donot utilize HT

84 = 1010100 - Donot use windows core

85 = 1010101 - Use windows core

-Quad Core, HT on in BIOS, Utilize HT

252 = 11111100 - Donot use windows core

255 = 11111111 - Use windows core

-Hex Core, HT off in BIOS, OR non HT processor

62 = 111110 - Donot use windows core

63 = 111111 - Use windows core

-Hex Core, HT on in BIOS, Donot utilize HT

1364 = 10101010100 - Donot use windows core

1365 = 10101010101 - Use windows core

-Hex Core, HT on in BIOS, Utilize HT

4092 = 111111111100 - Donot use windows core

4095 = 111111111111 - Use windows core

Yes, add this to your Prepar3d.cfg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=###

In my case with my CPU I use AffinityMask=14. The number is different for different kinds of CPU's depending on the amount of cores and if you have hyperthreading enabled or not.

It's working great! The only problem so far is that the sim locks up completely when you change the screen mode or window size but that is solved by unticking MipMaps for the VC in P3D 2.0's settings menu. Or you have to load another plane whenever you want to switch screen modes. And on my PC the DME doesn't seem to work but I've read others having similar problems in FSX. I posted about this on the A2A forum but haven't received an answer yet.

There are two possible ways of installing it:

1. create a fake FSX.exe in the P3D 2.0 folder (I copied the P3D.exe and renamed it to FSX.exe) and when you run the installer and it says it can't find FSX, simply point it towards the Prepar3D v2 folder.

2. If you have the plane installed in FSX, you can also manually install it into P3D by simply copying the appropriate files! That's how I've done it right now (I made a backup of the plane's files before I removed FSX). If you want to, I can post a list of everything you need to copy.

Jeroen,

Does the Accumsim module work in P3Dv2?  Are there any anomalies with sound?  The internal sounds don't seems to be replicating very well with portovers from FSX. 

Does the Accumsim module work in P3Dv2? Are there any anomalies with sound? The internal sounds don't seems to be replicating very well with portovers from FSX.

That's true for for instance the RealAir Lancair Legacy which I don't have installed for that reason, but the C172 seems to work perfectly fine. As Bill posted there may be a problem with the lights staying on when the battery is off (which is no problem for me because I always turn everything off before I shut down the plane), but all systems work, all sounds are fine and she flies great as ever. Even A2A said it worked fine in P3D 2.0: it wasn't until the problem with the CDT showed up that they posted they only support FSX and P3D 1.4. That CTD can be solved however by turning off mipmaps for the VC within P3D (which you don't need for this plane anyway). All in all it's perfectly fine with me and just as in FSX this is my default plane in P3D 2.0!

That's true for for instance the RealAir Lancair Legacy which I don't have installed for that reason, but the C172 seems to work perfectly fine. As Bill posted there may be a problem with the lights staying on when the battery is off (which is no problem for me because I always turn everything off before I shut down the plane), but all systems work, all sounds are fine and she flies great as ever. Even A2A said it worked fine in P3D 2.0: it wasn't until the problem with the CDT showed up that they posted they only support FSX and P3D 1.4. That CTD can be solved however by turning off mipmaps for the VC within P3D (which you don't need for this plane anyway). All in all it's perfectly fine with me and just as in FSX this is my default plane in P3D 2.0!

That's good to know.  Many thanks.  I'll try it this evening.

It's working great! The only problem so far is that the sim locks up completely when you change the screen mode or window size but that is solved by unticking MipMaps for the VC in P3D 2.0's settings menu. Or you have to load another plane whenever you want to switch screen modes. And on my PC the DME doesn't seem to work but I've read others having similar problems in FSX. I posted about this on the A2A forum but haven't received an answer yet.

There are two possible ways of installing it:

1. create a fake FSX.exe in the P3D 2.0 folder (I copied the P3D.exe and renamed it to FSX.exe) and when you run the installer and it says it can't find FSX, simply point it towards the Prepar3D v2 folder.

2. If you have the plane installed in FSX, you can also manually install it into P3D by simply copying the appropriate files! That's how I've done it right now (I made a backup of the plane's files before I removed FSX). If you want to, I can post a list of everything you need to copy.

Do you know if A2A Simulations plan to support Prepar3D 2.0 in the future?

Do you know if A2A Simulations plan to support Prepar3D 2.0 in the future?

I am sure they are very interested and they already looked at how for instance the C172 works in P3D 2.0 but they haven't officially announced anything yet. I just asked about this on the A2A forum so we'll see!

I am sure they are very interested and they already looked at how for instance the C172 works in P3D 2.0 but they haven't officially announced anything yet. I just asked about this on the A2A forum so we'll see!

Hopefully they will. The A2A C172 looks like an add-on too amazing to not have full Prepar3D 2.0 support.

I hope they plan on support for v2 as well.  I do not own the product at this time, but if they did have a v2 version, I would buy it.  

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sure hope A2A will go for P3D2. I'll gladly pay for new installers and upgrades of my current collection.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!