Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

FTX: Global VECTOR Released

I'm not claiming FTX Vector is perfect, nor FTX Global, nor P3DV2, nor FSX, nor XP10, nor ... well you get the picture. I just try to make the best out of what works and what doesn't and work around what doesn't ... when something just doesn't work at all or causes too many problem I just remove/uninstall it.

The water in that last screenshot is really great!

Right now? Or maybe in the near future?

http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-and-p3d-v2_topic48210.html

Proper disclosure: I no longer have an affiliation with the product line. I'm ORANGE because of my own work.

Well good to hear that UTX will be coming along for the ride. I now stand corrected!! LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have read many of them and they have replies, but they haven't been answered. Actually only a handful of them (I count 3 as of this post) have been replied to by a dev. Perhaps you should take the trouble of reading a few yourself before you accuse others of not doing so.

If you want to be silly i'll help you on your way..just had a quick look through some posts again and found 7 answered by a DEV.only looked through about 10-11.so you really need some glasses  or maybe take your blinkers off.

Maybe 5%-10% of buyers have a problem or noticed something they don't like..how bad is that for release 1.0. i bought UTX when it was first released..nothing like it is today

steve

If you want to be silly i'll help you on your way..just had a quick look through some posts again and found 7 answered by a DEV.only looked through about 10-11.so you really need some glasses i think or maybe take your blinkers off.

And maybe you need to look through a few more than just the ones at the top of page one that the Pilot's guy has noted. Go back through pages 2, 3 and 4 and see how many have a dev response.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It seems traditional Orbx bashing started again. This happens every time they release a major product, but after couple of months I see everybody is using their product.

Ftx Vector is a great product for me because I spend a lot of time flying at Asia. There're lot of payware-freeware options to choose for US and Europe out there, even default scenery is not that bad in US and Europe compared to Asia. This is the only choice we have for Asia. I am grateful to Orbx for trying to come up with global solutions. 

Pfffft, please. Dig out the FTXG thread and notice how majority of people had positive things to say about it, made me buy it pretty much within the first 48 hours of the release. I'm not even touching Vector with the stick, especiallly since the uninstaller is apparently not present.

Just wanted to thank the community for all the info.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Holy Cow, this thread is not being monitored yet!

I don't think you understand how bad ORBX really is for the hobby. I downloaded the new vector program and now my cat is throwing up and since there is no tool to remove it, I don't know what to do. I already knew that ORBX hated puppies but now it seems their target is little kitties. OMG! OMG! What will happen next!! Wait maybe they will have a new policy to get all the whinning punks out of their forums and they can all move to AVSIM and start their own little "We hate ORBX" group.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I downloaded the new vector program and now my cat is throwing up and since there is no tool to remove it, I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the warning!

At the moment I only use Orbx FTX regions and my cat loves it. I won't bother with Vector and risk my cat's health.

Just when a thread gets good then the "police" show up to threaten to close it!

I agree with you Brian. I think the thread so far has been really informative. There is always drama but the essence of the thread still there. 

Just my opinion.

What's all the fuss about uninstaller? Just delete both vector folders in ORBX folder and remove entries from scenery library. Voilla!

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Some more information: Pilot's posted on the Orbx forum that for a complete experience addon mesh is needed. However, a lot of what FSX offers is good enough already. You will see the biggest problems in places where default mesh is lacking,like in Southern America. Nonetheless, they also say that it would be odd and strange if you are interested in Vector but not in mesh: if you want to roads and waters to be accurate, you also should want the mesh to be accurate. So for them it's logical that everyone who is interested in Vector is also interested in mesh. So for Pilot's a good mesh addon is mandatory. The problem here is of course that this hasn't been communicated. Even the product pages on the Orbx and FSS sites don't even mention mesh, let alone the fact that you should have addon mesh.

Another thing: JV posted that there will never be a possibility to set options for Vector. It's all or nothing. If you don't like the amount of roads or the encasements, bad luck. They want to keep it simple. This btw HAS been communicated earlier on.

I agree with you Brian. I think the thread so far has been really informative. There is always drama but the essence of the thread still there.

Just my opinion.

+1

I've been on the fence and have been monitoring this thread constantly. Sure, some people go a little overboard, but who cares? The last thing we need is big brother watching over us.

Hi,

So the $64,000 question, yeah I remember that show.... I'm old. Anyway, what mesh is best for P3D 2.0?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Anyway, what mesh is best for P3D 2.0?.

Don't know which mesh is best for P3D 2.0 but if you meant to say which mesh is best for P3D 2.0 together with FTX Vector, that would be FS Global 2010 because that's the mesh they used to fit everything in.