Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

Anyone with experience of Earth Simulations?

EGJJ Jersey's runway is 1706 metres, which means that it is not the shortest jet runway in the UK. For example, EGLC London City's runway is 1508 metres.

I am really looking forward to Jersey, and there are no installation problems in the entire universe bad enough to stop me from getting it onto my hard disk! ES Guernsey and ES Alderney are superb, and to miss out on Jersey would be crazy. Another super detailed scenery package to add to my collection, and an extra 737NGX destination UK airport as a bonus B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think that reading the developers thoughts on here I feel good about trying out one of their products

Go for it Lee, am sure it will be fine.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

EGJJ Jersey's runway is 1706 metres, which means that it is not the shortest jet runway in the UK. For example, EGLC London City's runway is 1508 metres.

I am really looking forward to Jersey, and there are no installation problems in the entire universe bad enough to stop me from getting it onto my hard disk! ES Guernsey and ES Alderney are superb, and to miss out on Jersey would be crazy. Another super detailed scenery package to add to my collection, and an extra 737NGX destination UK airport as a bonus B)

Indeed, although I meant the shortest for regular jet ops, as in 737's, A320's etc. LCY can take only modded A318's and props only, my bad. Guernsey is 1300m and Lufthansa flew 737-300's in there until not that long ago, bet that was particularly sporty. 

OK

I thought I would give ES another try as am at work and fsx is on this PC, lets see if I was just unlucky.

If it goes wrong it does not matter as this PC runs fsx very slowly.

So I started to down load and got back to work, 13 min later thought it would have DL by now, wrong! 10h:26min left...

Better run a speed test to make sure it's not me! nope!

46YhP.jpg

I think I will just forget it.

Good luck all.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really feel for the developers after reading their post and I would love to purchase their Isle Of Man and Jersey scenery when it becomes available. BUT..I spent a good week performing a fresh install of FSX + addons on my brand new SSD and really cannot be assed to have to do it all over again because of their installation process.

Please please please get something like the Flight1 wrapper. I bet you'll get a shed load more customers because of it :)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

EGLC London City's runway is 1508 metres.

EGLC is a dreadful / fun (delete as required) approach, i have attempting to land there 5 times in the Q400 and ended up nose into the tarmac on 4 attempts, i don't count the last time, the mouse froze on me so i followed the ILS into the ground.

After reading the response from the developer i am inclined to give them a try, i am a sucker for good community / developer interaction.

Ian R Tyldesley

There is no denying the beauty of the sceneries, so it's really promising to hear a new installation process is in the works! I'd be a sure-fire sale for the lot if the installation issues experienced become a thing of the past.

Agree with most. I like the scenery (IOM and Guernsey) however I find the installer system absolutely horrendous and unusable (hence both sceneries are sat uninstalled).

Big tip... I personally only want the airport scenery as I use FTX, and want to conserve memory. An easy option to just have the airport scenery would be ideal!

Best regards

NyxxUK, you're right on the money! The download of Guernsey was an all day job and Treescapes was a disaster.

Took a week to get a reply to an e-mail and then I felt I needed a degree in computer science when the answer arrived.

UK2000 scenery have Jersey in their sites this year (i think). No installation problems there I can assure you.

EGLC is a dreadful / fun (delete as required) approach, i have attempting to land there 5 times in the Q400 and ended up nose into the tarmac on 4 attempts, i don't count the last time, the mouse froze on me so i followed the ILS into the ground.

So you are flying the Q400 with a mouse. hmmm.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So you are flying the Q400 with a mouse. hmmm.

Regards,

Ray

No of course not, but i need the mouse to click buttons in the cockpit, including the autopilot button.  I know that abrupt control movements take off the autopilot but it's a tricky approach even without unsolicited yoke movements. 

Ian R Tyldesley

It would be nice to think that a new download and install system would encourage more customers to purchase from Earth Simulations. They make superb scenery packages, and Darren and Vikki are two very nice people! Nevertheless, it is worth noting that when I purchased ES Guernsey, the download and install procedure performed flawlessly. The download speed was as fast as my internet connection can handle. This took around one hour to complete (just over 4GB), without the assistance of any download manager on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I truly hope, for both Darren and Vicki, that despite all the negative posts on here, that they sort things out with a proper installer. I really believe their sceneries are some of the best I have experienced.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

They aren't some of the best, they are the best no argument, no other developer puts as much detail into their scenery as ES do, not even Orbx can hold a candle to them at their best addon airports.

Cheers, Andy.