Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

Visuals are just wow. Few shots are photorealistic.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Here I am, cleaning up the drool again! Getting dehydrated and grinning from ear to ear!

Regards,

Some details about the next update: 

There are still issues with the clouds, so I'm trying various algorithms to get rid of artifacts and to improve the lighting. Maybe we will release one version without them, just to get the rest of stuff tested.

Some of other changes:

• collision shape support in importer
  • static object collisions
  • lights support
  • $include support for scripts
  • uncached video capture (faster)

B)

Old lights video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyTy5UFBmA

The future looks bright for Outterra.

Yes

Anyway, even though the thing is still not finished and it's not unlikely that it will be redone differently yet, I think there will be a testable ugly version soon™ to break the fast. A couple of things that prevent me from pushing it out now - rendering not working when you are inside the cloud, cloud cover missing after 100km, and various artifacts. I'd at least like to fix the inside rendering before the release, but I'm not sure what obstacles await me there yet.

Cameni here

Looking very good. Glad to see things are progressing.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Two pictures from the ground:

igXNTvpICA6nm.jpg

irSRXKTJI71fr.jpg

Some shading will have to be done even with shadows off, because terrain lighting is wrong with overcast.

It should be not only under shadow, but also the atmospheric scattering should lose bluish tones, unless the sun is actually below the clouds. Also the ambient lighting now must be different for stuff under and above the clouds.