Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

An Interesting Future for Outerra

Potential.........

8N6jjuS_zps475aff86.jpg

YHXj2sN_zps4719f46a.jpg

qA9vKhY_zpsebe2b37c.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Outerra just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for sharing and keeping the post alive HiFlyer.

Outerra just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for sharing and keeping the post alive HiFlyer.

Hey, I get enthusiastic about stuff.  ^_^

But in this case, I really think the community would be doing itself a huge disservice if in our preoccupation with current offerings we let the huge future potential of Outerra get past us. The more people who read threads like this and take a look and perhaps get enthusiastic about the possibilities, the better.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

But in this case, I really think the community would be doing itself a huge disservice if in our preoccupation with current offerings we let the huge future potential of Outerra get past us. The more people who read threads like this and take a look and perhaps get enthusiastic about the possibilities, the better.

+1

Alaister Kay

Potential.........

8N6jjuS_zps475aff86.jpg

YHXj2sN_zps4719f46a.jpg

qA9vKhY_zpsebe2b37c.jpg

I love the potential shown here!

WOW!

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic ...

hi guys.. am pretty sure i read about outerra in this forum itself i guess.. please excuse me if i am unable to put it in correct technical terms..that this is a 32bit world engine..yet providing flexible codes..for developers to develop addons like sceneries and airplanes.. is it possible at this stage to utilize any current addon like a pmdg 737 or aerosoft xyz scenery..with outerra.. i am still using fsx ..i do not wana start a debate or offend anyone..but i am in a process of getting a very expensive gaming computer..and to b honest nothing commensurates the visual aspects of outerra.. and as many simulators available currently, nothing beats fsx..maybe i am biased coz i havent used any..so no offense met here..untill outerra is released i am fsx fan and shall always be..but yes as i see the videos and uploaded pics..outerra is promising..so i want to take into the consideration whether a higher configuration of pc will affect the performance of outerra. i am not in a hurry but i cannot wait for yhis product to be in the market..

thank you    

+1

hi guys.. am pretty sure i read about outerra in this forum itself i guess.. please excuse me if i am unable to put it in correct technical terms..that this is a 32bit world engine..yet providing flexible codes..for developers to develop addons like sceneries and airplanes.

Yes.

is it possible at this stage to utilize any current addon like a pmdg 737 or aerosoft xyz scenery..with outerra.

No, Outerra is its own separate beastie and not compatible with anything else, except insofar that with a lot of effort, it could maybe used as the rendering engine for another sim. There is a discussion of that possibility in the following thread, but it seems a bit impractical. http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1172.0

so i want to take into the consideration whether a higher configuration of pc will affect the performance of outerra. i am not in a hurry but i cannot wait for yhis product to be in the market..

I would say that just as FSX performance is mostly driven by the CPU, Outerra Performance is very driven by the GPU.

It should be stressed again though that Outerra is not a flight simulator. Just that it has a possibility to eventually be that, as well as many other things.

Devons rig

Thank You for the info Devon..

It should be stressed again though that Outerra is not a flight simulator. Just that it has a possibility to eventually be that, as well as many other things.

am sure it will be a best flightsim..

Outerra forum user LEVI has released his latest conversion for Outerra!!!

[Released] Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus

WikipediaThe Airbus A380 is a double-deck, wide-body, four-engine jet airliner manufactured by Airbus. It is the world's largest passenger airliner, and many airports have upgraded facilities to accommodate it. It was initially named Airbus A3XX and designed to challenge Boeing's monopoly in the large-aircraft market. The A380 made its first flight on 27 April 2005 and entered commercial service in October 2007 with Singapore Airlines.

See gallery here:  http://minus.com/mDXYpngbrYIUM

iJ27Y6Q5KrI5b_zps25d5ee5e.jpg

This is an unofficial conversion for the Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus. The conversion is being done with Permission 

Release & Update:

• Wing Flex (upgrade pending)
  • Up to 13 different camera positions
  • Animated ailerons and ground spoilers (upgrade pending)
  • Animated flaps
  • Animated rudder trim tabs
  • Animated engine fans & blurred fans
  • Animated VC landing gear lever
  • Animated VC flaps lever
  • Animated VC Throttle levers
  • UVW maps optimizations
  • Higher poly tires, and instanced for better performance
  • Animated exterior doors
  • Tuned flight dynamics
  • Structure collision points
  • Sounds for:
    - Engines (near and far)
    - Flaps
    - Gears
    - Touch down
    - Roll
  • Exterior and virtual cockpit models, are seamlessly merged together
  • Flight Dynamics
  • Engines & fuel configuration
  • Fully animated Landing Gear
  • Animated Joysticks
  • Animated rudder+rudder pedals
  • Animated elevator
  • Specular maps created from base textures
  • Tessellation on a a few meshes

Planned features:

• Option to choose between two engine types: Engine alliance & Rolls Royce
  • Dynamic displays (maybe only partially)
  • And other things I don't remember now cheesy.gif

Paint Kit: Download

REAL LIFE AND OUTERRA

ibmKa9Sj29LAc4_zps36527cc0.jpg

ibx79gC2N2bQO3_zpsd465ad77.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------Credits------------------------------------------------------------

The Project Airbus team:
Demetris Themistocleous, Derek Mayer, Sheldon Fernandes, Tom Collins, Alexis Vletsas
Thanks to:
Andy Warden, John Tavendale, Steve McBee, Shane Olguin, Panagiotis Delizisis, Thanasis Delizisis, Ken Mitchell, Talal Alhaj, Fraser Turner
Special thanks to:
Derek Mayer and Alexis Vletsas.

Devons rig

now now there calm down.. :huh:  :huh:    :P  :P ... the visuals are just copacetic.. and the pic in question which is real i cant make out !!  keep it up guys.. i am closing my eyes and would wish some developer takes his existing project and makes his aircraft compatible for outerra.. just for us to see the infinite level of opportunity and growth in this sim..

man the lighting engine in Outerra is fantastic, very realistic looking. Now all I need is a heli and I am set, LOL.

Wonder how the flight model on the airbus is.

Thanks for the updates Devon!

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks, never seen a *.otx but it opened out of the box on Ubuntu. I usually use *.7z. Will try that plane later today.

Thanks, never seen a *.otx but it opened out of the box on Ubuntu. I usually use *.7z. Will try that plane later today.

In Windows, when you double click on .OTX file, the plane, or any other mod will be automatically installed. .OTX file format is similar to .7z, .zip, .rar, etc... and as you already seen, it can be opened with most archive managers out there.  :smile: