Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Not a painting.

Unedited shot. Default weather engine with modified cloud textures.

QnxHKbU.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Indeed, very dramatic ...

Murmur, could you tell us the cloud and weather settings you had when making these shots? And which cloud textures you are using?

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Every now and then, our flight sims have the power to totally amaze us.

Great pic.  That one's a keeper.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Indeed, very dramatic ...

Murmur, could you tell us the cloud and weather settings you had when making these shots? And which cloud textures you are using?

Best results, even in terms of framerate, can be obtained playing with the following settings:

.) cloud density to 10%

.) clouds/plot_radius= 2.0 to 2,.5

.) "set random and only semi controlled weather patterns" with:

.) coverage: max

.) intensity: play with it

.) system size: play with it

.) randomness: min

Then place the aircraft near the clouds (dangerous if you set high weather intensity :smile: ) and search for a good screenshot composition :smile:

The textures I'm using, I made myself thanks to some photoshop cloud brushes I found on the web. But they're still far from perfect, I'm trying to improve the whole weather/sky depiction in X-Plane and maybe I will publish my work, should it eventually be good enough. :smile:

EDIT: however I think you can obtain similar results using some of the replacement cloud textures available on the .org.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hmmmm, it seems I'm the only one that didn't like this screenshot at all. It is good from the "artistic" point of view, but it is far from realistic. It looks like the plane is flying through the fire, honestly.

Anyway, good capture of something surreal. Nice. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hmmmm, it seems I'm the only one that didn't like this screenshot at all. It is good from the "artistic" point of view, but it is far from realistic. It looks like the plane is flying through the fire, honestly.

Anyway, good capture of something surreal. Nice. :)

Hmmm... Looks pretty plausible to me:

http://images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1007/20130806/001422373e19136aaac93c.jpg

http://tdwhs.nwasco.k12.or.us/staff/lewing/resources/design/iMovie_ppt/Sky/Red_Clouds.jpg

http://www.seizedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Red-Clouds-Sky.jpg

Admit it! You have hacked the three servers and uploaded 3 images made in X-Plane :lol:.

BTW: what's this? A forest fire over Madeira when I was there 9 years ago. Oh sorry ... I think it was the sun B).

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Can't.....Stop.....Staring.....

***Exceptional***  

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The only thing ruining it for me is the lack of anti-aliasing on the aircraft. Other than that, the sky looks almost photorealistic.

Brandon Filer