Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Wilco 7x New Updates Posted

Ok, first off:  Sorry to rant here but this is why I'm on Facebook now instead of the forums.  I can't paste links, pics, or anything other than what I'm typing here....ROFL.

Now, the topic:  As the title says they've updated with some pics.  You can FB search Wilco for the post or you can friend me as I've shared the post.

Now, for ANY developer, this has to be one ginormous development task to try and develop as a stand alone, let alone try and fit into FS.  I mean let's face it, you're writing code that's already been written for this type of plane or any new one for that matter.  You're now simulating the simulator so to speak.

If they can get 5% of the functionality into this, I'll, I'll, I'll, I'll think of something to say..LOL.

This isn't a slam against Wilco as much as it is a how the H***

Good luck guys.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No Navigraph or NavData Pro - FMC is based on the FSX flight planner and database.  OTOH, that won't stop you from loading a FSBuild or similar AIRAC based plan.

DJ

Ah ah ah!!! Another joke from Wilco... 
Insta-pass ! NEXT!!! 

According to the product page, ". Flight plans can be created, imported from FS and edited" which at first made me think that it's a bit better than the default (but not much) in that it just uses the default database but can be edited (I understand the Carenado B1900D is this way).

But then it also states ". Navigraph database included". It seems pretty confusing how this can be reconciled with ". FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS". Maybe it just means that it can import FS flight plans, but then why would they say "based on."

If Wilco is smart they'll update the page to clarify soon, at risk of losing customers.

The pics look good to me, probably I'll get it as the Falcon looks a lot more interesting than boring Cessna's. 

Unless they've done similar to ES/MV - the guy who did their FMS gauges allows both the stock database or the navigraph database to be in use.  I sincerely hope this is the case....

What it really says is "NavDataPro and/or Navigraph Compatible (tbc)" and ". FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS . Flight plans can be created, imported from FS and edited"  and " Navigraph database included" which makes no sense at all.  If you base your FMC on the FS flight planner and GPS you cannot possibly be compatible with either of the AIRAC producers products.  They also don't bother to define (tbc) anywhere on the page...

DJ

I put a lot of hours on the Wilco Airbus A32x package, back when it was the best of a very limited bunch. I also put some hours on their ERJ's and the E-Jets series.

I don't think that they're bad simulations, but the hobby's state-of-the-art has frankly moved on. Companies are either going all-out in every aspect of the simulation, or they're focussing on one of either looks or systems. Take for example the graphically advanced but technically moderate simulation of the Airbus X, or the Graphically modest but in-depth system simulation of the Leonardo Maddog.

Wilco stuff to-date has had only modest systems depth and graphics in my experience. I'd want to see something as complex as the 7X done to a pretty high level if I was going to go after it. The fact that other companies haven't had a go at it might be somewhat telling in and of itself.

good point, wilco been around way before the pmdg ect . back then no advanced sytems wer on deck fo fs 9 ect. ill give the 7x ago, dassault wont put out a half job project

What it really says is "NavDataPro and/or Navigraph Compatible (tbc)" and ". FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS . Flight plans can be created, imported from FS and edited"  and " Navigraph database included" which makes no sense at all.  If you base your FMC on the FS flight planner and GPS you cannot possibly be compatible with either of the AIRAC producers products.  They also don't bother to define (tbc) anywhere on the page...

DJ

Unless the guy who programmed Eaglesoft and Milviz' FMS is the same guy who did this new jet's.  In the MV B737-200 and Eaglesoft Citations you can either run stock FS database or select Navigraph compatible database....

I dont know how they're going to do the rest of the avionics let alone the FMC.

I hope because of their partnership it goes well though. And I hope we are pleasantly surprised by it

Why? The aircraft is looking just good in my opinion. 

Wilco... just say no!

It's almost guaranteed you'll be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

I put a lot of hours on the Wilco Airbus A32x package, back when it was the best of a very limited bunch. I also put some hours on their ERJ's and the E-Jets series.

(...)

The pre-Evolution Airbuses, the ERJs and the E-Jets all were strictly Feelthere developments. Of these three products Wilco only published the Airbuses, and developed the Evolution upgrade without Feelthere being involved anymore.

The Feelthere Embraers in particular have pretty deep systems, with the FMC being top-notch. (Graphically, though, they've become outdated, obviously.)

I hope, Wilco teaming up with Dassault will increase their 'level of development'. But these lines from the Falcon feature list don't give much reason for optimism:

"FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS.

Flight plans can be created, imported from FS and edited"

Unless the guy who programmed Eaglesoft and Milviz' FMS is the same guy who did this new jet's. In the MV B737-200 and Eaglesoft Citations you can either run stock FS database or select Navigraph compatible database....

Ryan, the guy in question is named David, he's from Canada and he did only one project for us. At our direction he used our Navigraph DB and also allowed default FSDB use for our CJ1+ avionics set. He's now at MV which is Canadian based.

Hope that clarifies. B)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Wilco Unofficial Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Moving this topic to a support sub section doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I too hope that Dassault will only allow for a top notch quality release of their Falcon 7X & hopefully they provide Wilco with enough resources that Wilco can do a solid job. I have never tried any Wilco product yet, I understand they have a poor reputation, I really hope this project is their way into a new era where both graphics and systems must be great, I hope they take their time and do things right.

Should the first reviews be positive I surely will give Wilco a fair chance as I really miss a middle sized long range Jet to train and enjoy before stepping up to bigger birds.  

Wilco's failure to produce the Falcon 7 on time is consistant with their track record of failures. When and if the Falcon 7 comes to market, I do not expect it to be any better than the TBM, which was a total disaster. 

Wilco's failure to produce the Falcon 7 on time is consistant with their track record of failures. When and if the Falcon 7 comes to market, I do not expect it to be any better than the TBM, which was a total disaster. 

Sign in to follow this