Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

To use a never used process to rule a crash seems a bit uncertain to me! Once they find debris then maybe the puzzle will unravel at some point! Without flight data recorder or wreckage even, it's to early to say that the plane crashed! They way the investigation has been flip flopping who's to say tomorrow they found wreckage somewhere further than where they are speculating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fire theory wont take long to confirm or eliminate once the wreckage is found , hopefully in the next 24 hrs judging by the amount of sightings

A fire is really unlikely in my opinion. If a fire was large enough to envelop the cabin, it would continue to burn and eventually destroy the aircraft. At that altitude there is plenty of material that will burn, not to mention that the airframe would eventually become compromised. I just cannot see how it is possible for an aircraft that has encountered a fire serious enough to kill everyone onboard can continue to fly for such a long period of time.

The fire scenario also does not explain the reason for turning off the transponder..

We already know about the change of track but what does not make sense to me is why there was a change from a sudden if chaotic nature of flying after the transponder was turned off to then fly for at least 4 hours. I cannot imagine what the passengers were going through or whether they were aware that they were going in the wrong direction, I'm sure Malaysian has onboard IFE which shows a map of the flight. For the plane to change its direction, climb to different altitudes to then fly for at least 4 hours is what really confuses me.

I don't want to add to any conjecture but all the evidence so far for me points to an intervention of the flight by someone who knew enough to turn off the transponder and the rest is just down to the imagination because anything could of happened. As mentioned I really cannot imagine what those passengers had to go through whether they knew or not.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

The fire scenario also does not explain the reason for turning off the transponder..

A fire onboard could have cut the power to the transponder. All that is known for sure and certain is that the transponder quit squawking.

It is only an "assumption" that it may have been deliberately turned off...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Forensics1,  theirs no emergency switch on the transponder. You simply squawk a code.  

The only reason they would move it is from TA/RA to TA (to avoid resolution advisories)   That is required in many non normal situations when aircraft performance is a factor, it only requires one click to the left.

Regards

Well.. phooey, darn, and fiddlesticks! Can't we just pretend? Thanks for the correction.

Mike

If a fire was large enough to envelop the cabin, it would continue to burn and eventually destroy the aircraft.

The fire doesn't have to be large enough to envelop the cabin or to overcome the passengers and crew with smoke or carbon monoxide.  It only has to be big enough to breach the hull in an area of the plane that's pressurized.  Hypoxia will do all the rest.

Obviously there's an alarm that goes off when the hull loses sufficient pressure, but there was at least one aircraft lost because the maintenance crew didn't re-arm the pressure sensor after a test on the ground, and for some reason it wasn't caught by the crew. 

Hypoxia alone is sufficient to explain any odd actions by the crew. 

While researching this on YouTube, I ran across an audio recording of an aircraft where the crew was experiencing hypoxia.  There was a very obvious alarm going on in the background every time the crew made a transmission.  Eventually they got the pilot to descend to 11,000 feet and they recovered.  For some reason, they didn't use their oxygen masks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

they handled the whole thing terribly.  I mean txting the relatives of the passengers, come on !!!!

anyone would think they want the whole thing to be over to get the spotlight off them... I mean anyone would think they are about to host a grand prix, saying that the media circus has been equally bad.

terrible just terrible.

14ppkc-6.png

It seems certain that something happened that disabled their radio / transponder and navigation. Probably by the time they decided to contact ATC to either give a Mayday or Pan the radio by then wasn't working.

They couldn't turn back in the face of oncoming traffic so they turned initially onto a Westerly heading.  They perhaps were not so good at dead reckoning and turned South much too late. If by then they only had a magnetic compass to go on they would have been extremely disorientated. Not knowing which way to turn. At night without any outside reference it is impossible to know where you are.

The other scenario of a hypoxia would work up to a point expect that it wouldn't explain the turn to the South later on.

Is it possble that FL370 was struck by a small meteorite? That would cause instant decompression- so fast & violent that the pilots might not be able to follow emerg. procedures nor communicate. That scenario would be quite consistent with what is known of events as 370 turned westerly in an apparent attempt to return.

I would guess that such instant decompression would inflict ruptured eardrums and haemorraging.

A cargo or electrical fire scenario would not likely have been so sudden as to prevent some form of emerg communication.

january

New data analysis methods on satellite pings were used by British equivalent of NTSB

That would be the Air Accident Investigation Branch. http://www.aaib.gov.uk/home/index.cfm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A cargo or electrical fire scenario would not likely have been so sudden as to prevent some form of emerg communication.

january

electrical fire can be sudden. search for the fire in the Flight 111 MD11 a few years back. It was a matter of minutes.

at 22:10 they started to smell something

ar 22:14 they already had visible smoke and declared a PAN PAN

at 22:24 autopilot was desengaged by the fire and pilot declaring "We must fly manual"

at 22:24:25  FLight 111 declared and emergency plane desapears from radar (transponder OFF)

ar 22:25:50 FLight data recorder stops recording

The pilots is heard leaving the seat to fight the fire and phisical evidence is shown that the first officer continued to flight the airplane, shuting down and engine due to fire warning one minute before impact.

Its important to understand that the pilot recieved a fire warning in an engine that probably was not real, and was caused by a short circuit or something.

Now what could had happened in flight 370?... normally a pilot would not declare and emergency only for a certain odor. and as you can see in flight111 it only took 14 minutes from the odor to really affect the electric equipment.

What would happen if the pilot were able to "control" the electrical fire but they had a really malfunctioned airplane? no intruments, no lights, no nav com etc.... maybe they were injured during the fire but not dead, what would you do? 

the first rule is.. Fly... Navigate... comunicate.

They Flew... they tried to navigate....

Random heading.. random altitudes.. all consecuent of an injured pilot trying to mantain control.

What would you do in that situation? how would you communicate? 

Put yourself in a situation where you are injured, in a dark cockpit full of smoke and heat.

And yes, electrical fire can be sudden. search for the fire in the MD11 a few years back. It was a matter of minutes.

Comm failure in FL370 was instantaneous, (as would be with a meteorite strike)- perhaps even explaining the abbreviated (uncompleted?) message "all right, goodnight ------(no call sign)-----"

january

I think that those two Iranians Hi jacked the plane to go to Australia .. OZZy saw that and did not want there own 911 so they shot it out of the sky

I think that those two Iranians Hi jacked the plane to go to Australia .. OZZy saw that and did not want there own 911 so they shot it out of the sky

Yet another totally ill thought out conspiracy theory totally ignoring even basic facts.