Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

This is the main reason why I don't believe that aircraft went north. Australian Allies like United Kingdom or United States wouldn't do that to a friend. I believe whatever information they have is that the aircraft is in the Indian Ocean.

I agree, if it went North some country's radar would have picked it up, but I don't think that rules out West staying over the Ocean

Does anyone here know if the US has a radar installation at Diego Garcia. And if so, wouldn't that rule out anything within that range in the Indian Ocean.

Not if it stayed out of the radars range. Like North over the Maldives. Not sure what their radar capabilities are!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think some are WAY overestimating real-time visual and electronic surveillance capabilities - if they were as as effective and omniscient as some seem to believe, it would render the necessity of drones of varying sizes and capabilities obsolete, and they fly over hostile territory that's already under near constant surveillance, not a vast and remote stretch of ocean for which there would be little need to deploy assets.

Even radar range is somewhat limited by the curvature of the earth, in particular if one is hoping to actually track an object.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Australians that are right now spending probably a billion dollars searching the Indian Ocean for it, as well as New Zealand and any other nation that has sent assets to that region to search.

And here as an American let me say that those two countries already stand alone in terms of cooperation compared to the rest of the world and should not have to bear the cost within themselves.  The Chinese especially, in regard to their economic size and capability, and the number of their citizens affected, should pitch in logistically and financially at this point to locate, identify, and determine what happened, and stop stalling while making demands.  

The secondary tragedy in this is that so much time was lost in the interim.......

This is an open book at this point, and blame and accusations are hollow.

• Upvote 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

And here as an American let me say that those two countries already stand alone in terms of cooperation compared to the rest of the world and should not have to bear the cost within themselves.  The Chinese especially, in regard to their economic size and capability, and the number of their citizens affected, should pitch in logistically and financially at this point to locate, identify, and determine what happened, and stop stalling while making demands.  

You do know that there are 7 Chinese ships (more than any other nation) and 2 aircraft involved in the search right? The Chinese doesn't have a blue water navy like the Americans that can operate in the harsh Southern Indian Ocean. In fact the search area is so vast that this is going to take years, perhaps a decade - assuming they'll keep funding it. 

IMO the Chinese is making a lot of demands from the Malaysians because they can smell a cover-up is happening and they're being misled, like that wild goose chase in the South China Sea.

I notice today that the Australians are beginning to have doubts as to the location of debris. The mathematicians may be certain of their sums but the premise that 370 went down there is 'only' based on a mathematical conclusion and an SSR radar return 'attributed' to 370.

It's taken so long to get the correct transcript out. Why was rubish release instead in the first place one may never know.  So one has to doubt all announcements saying that "X was deliberately turned off!" etc. No wonder the Chinese relatives are up in arms. They don't believe a word of what's being said. And the media are certainly responsible for twisting further what is already doubtful info.

Unless there is a confirmed SSR trace of 370 that can be timestamped and identified and showing it to be making a turn the the West then one wonders if that so called 'fact' is a half truth also. The search of the South China Sea West of the Malay Peninsular was perfunctory to say the least so now all we can do is to wait for bodies to wash ashore somewhere in order to identify where the plane went down.'

"Let's send everybody on a wild goose chase in order to deflect blame from our airline". That may not be a true statement but you be certain it's half true.

• Upvote 1

The only one who should pay for the search, is Malaysia Airlines, it was their plane, their pilots.

It could have been caused by a design failure, thus Boeing should pay too. 

I think the 777 safety record so far can rule out design failures.

And now suddenly they claimed the pilot did said 'Good night Malaysian three seven zero' in stead of 'all right, good night'.

Sorry but thats bollocks to me, how on earth can someone working in the aviation industry misinterpret 'Good night Malaysian three seven zero' for  'all right, good night'.

Something smell fishy here..

• Upvote 2

True, but they'd have to prove that! Kind of hard if they cant find the plane

And now suddenly they claimed the pilot did said 'Good night Malaysian three seven zero' in stead of 'all right, good night'.

Sorry but thats bollocks to me, how on earth can someone working in the aviation industry misinterpret 'Good night Malaysian three seven zero' for  'all right, good night'.

Something smell fishy here..

Kind of suspected it especially when they released that pathetic translation of the translation transcript of the ATC tapes. One of the instructions according to the translated transcript was "Malaysian 370 Get onto the Runway" and it went South from there!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Malaysians are hiding something and the Chinese are not bs'ing around with them! Something need a to happen debris found or some kind of logical explanation for he disappearance! For right now politics are not playing a huge role, but if the trend continues, then the diplomats will get involved if Especially if China feels it's getting the shaft! Me thinks if was something or someone on that aircraft with something shady going on and until we find wreckage or some huge breakthrough we gonna keep clutching at straws!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk