Sign in to follow this  
calooom

Black Box Announce A340 Series

I'm not really Black Box's biggest fan, but I always seem to get suckered in...

Despite having an unfinished A320 series, an even more unfinished A330 series, they're now announcing a new A340 series.

I appreciate 'the buses' share a lot of commonality, but this seems to be a lot on one plate. I'll remain as cautious as possible, but it's still good to see a developer -hopefully- build a semi-serious A340 aircraft.

FYI, they have suggested they'll be releasing the -300 and the -600 series so far.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackBoxSimulation/photos/a.252918054793600.61620.189473337804739/628314880587247/?type=1&theater

1974368_628314880587247_83561143142316921974368_628314880587247_8356114314231692

A340-300 with 4 Trent 700's! WOW!!! Haha, just kidding. I have the A330 and I'm very pleased with it so far. The CFM56's in the pic could do with a reduction in size, they're massive! I'm sure they will though before they release anything ;) I like BBS's work so far, and their future only looks brighter. I don't think there's currently any other A330/40 in development, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I don't have any Blackbox planes, but it's sad to hear their others are unfinished.  What I'm really hoping for is once Aerosoft rolls out the A330, they will also decide to make the A340

Chris Sunseri

Hmm...aside from some Russian Aircraft the A340 is my favourite, won't be touching this unfortunately.  I'll wait until 2016 for the Aerosoft version or 2300 for the FSL version.

I think that the heat death of the universe will have happened before the BBS A330 is completed.

Ian R Tyldesley

From BBS:

================================

A340 "ADDITION"

GUYS .. I am getting a little tired of answering this one.. 
so PLEASE Understand ..

there is "NO NEW PRODUCT" 
and we are "NOT STARTING ON SOMETHING NEW"

The A321 was added to the A320 series as they are very similar and the whole family uses (Almost) the same code ..

The A340 is now being added to the A330 Family for exactly the same reasons.. IT IS NOT A NEW PRODUCT

This additional "modelling" does NOT Take anything away from the systems or gauge improvements and upgrades we have Scheduled for the updates...

BBS Consider these additional (FREE) models as Additional content to existing products and offers exceptional Value for money to our valued customers.

Finally we are not announcing an A380 , A350, A300, A310 or Beluga as these would indeed be "separate and totally new products"

===============================

I am looking forward to the update! :)

I hope BBS would soon release an update that would improve FBW & flight dynamics. Last time I tried the A330 felt rather unflyable. If that changes I'll definitely consider installing it again. 

Something that really urks me about the developer is their short temper with their customers.

They hint they're going to add the A340, providing no press release or information other than a screenshot and a few scrambled posts / comments on their Facebook page. So when customers then ask if it's a whole new product or whatever, they can some sarcastic and down-right rude reply (see reply #8 to this thread). 

I don't understand the hostility towards the people that are purchasing their products.

Am I reading too much into it or does anyone else agree?

anyone else agree

In principle i agree with you...but we sometimes see this from other developers as well, this can be driven by the same question being asked ad-nauseum.  Some are better than others, Bryan from FS2Crew is very good, others are much more aloof and protective.

In this particular case, it may be that the BBS team are a little annoyed at the press they have been getting for the current range of (semi-completed) products.

I think that we can be grateful we have developers who actively engage with us, it doesn't happen in any other computer entertainment (see how i avoided the word ' game') area. 

Ian R Tyldesley

In principle i agree with you...but we sometimes see this from other developers as well, this can be driven by the same question being asked ad-nauseum.  Some are better than others, Bryan from FS2Crew is very good, others are much more aloof and protective.

In this particular case, it may be that the BBS team are a little annoyed at the press they have been getting for the current range of (semi-completed) products.

I think that we can be grateful we have developers who actively engage with us, it doesn't happen in any other computer entertainment (see how i avoided the word ' game') area. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly - and I recognize that it's not just BB. As a trainer, I get asked the same questions numerous times, but I think there's a degree of professionalism that needs to be maintained. Although people aren't purchasing products from me, I'm still providing a service.

I think the issue I really have with the outburst is the fact BB never did anything to help their own situation. They gave a "hint" of what was to come and expected everyone to know exactly the plans for the release. People may of thought when the A330 was announced, it would be part of the 'package', but as we know it isn't - and in my opinion, a A340 seems different enough to warrant a new 'package.'

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited we're getting a whole new aircraft for free, I'm just criticizing their customer service.

After working in the computer game industry for several years, the level of commitment and developer interaction in this environment is amazing - really - but maybe it's getting to the point where us (the consumer) are expecting too much from them. It's a lot for most to juggle - customer feedback, support, development, publishing, etc etc. (off topic, I know, but still relevant). 

Something that really urks me about the developer is their short temper with their customers.

They hint they're going to add the A340, providing no press release or information other than a screenshot and a few scrambled posts / comments on their Facebook page. So when customers then ask if it's a whole new product or whatever, they can some sarcastic and down-right rude reply (see reply #8 to this thread). 

I don't understand the hostility towards the people that are purchasing their products.

Am I reading too much into it or does anyone else agree?

It seems to manifest itself as more of a condescending attitude to customer than a short temper and yes it is annoying,

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg