Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D V2 What are you waiting for

Nice bro see my other post to you in screenshot forum on shadow distance

Rich Sennett

"Anyone know a good guide to see what P3d settings work best (or is it a system by system thing)?"

Hi Cory - spent about 20 mins writing up a list of things to do and clicked the screen off by mistake dam - I will post again tomorrow in the P3D tip and tricks section - I will let you know when its posted

Rich Sennett

Is the $10 subscription and Academic the same ? I wouldn't mind trying it out for 10 bucks. 

ZORAN

"Is the $10 subscription and Academic the same ? I wouldn't mind trying it out for 10 bucks. "

They are the same program but 10 bucks a month is not the way to go

Zoran go for the academic version - you will waste 10 to 20 dollars only to find out you want it - believe me you will want it for good - go for the 59.95 version - that's the best deal if you keep it which you will

Rich Sennett

Probably right, Im thinking of using P3d for general aviation and keep FSX for PMDG

I see they have a 60 day refund as welll

ZORAN

Thanks Rich!

Looking forward to it. I can fly 757 and 767 for my va now so I'll try to fly for them in p3d.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

"Probably right, Im thinking of using P3d for general aviation and keep FSX for PMDG"

There you go - you are going to luv it

"Thanks Rich! 

Looking forward to it. I can fly 757 and 767 for my va now so I'll try to fly for them in p3d. "

​Your welcome I will pm you tomorrow on early side, promise  :) 

Rich Sennett

For me, it's obvious what I am waiting for...better AA.  The lack of good AA is most apparent.  Until it gets this good, count me out.

But beyond that I agree: total excellence.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

"Can I fly the LDS767"

Guess you can use LDS here is a video showing it

Rich Sennett

Who said "UsePools=0" works on P3D2? people shouldn't just the trust the info they're given straight away. P3D2 is a completely different animal behind the scenes. In LM's advanced tweaking page, you can see the stuff that's actually possible:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/performance/general_performance_tuning.html

There's no evidence of UsePools, therefore one can assume it was deprecated. The only thing that could make difference (first and foremost) is assigning the correct affinity mask, definitely not just a number someone threw out. Each CPU must have the correct settings or it won't work, worse even, instead of more cores, you'll end up with less cores.

Also, you can create different profiles for P3D and then switch between them right in the display options. This makes a great way to setup scenario profiles. For example, a flight over photoreal, a flight over orbx, etc'. Basically, there's no 'one size' configuration to fit all. If you want the maximum performance/experience from each aircraft/scenery, then that's the way to do it, using profiles.

=========================================================================

" just jumped in. As of now, I only have FTX Global, Opus and Majestics Dash8  and the new Vatsim Client installed"

Hi Bill great news - sounds like your having fun - this is the P3DCFG. file loaction  C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 - take care brother

Bill I see your using the Dash 8 is it woring ok in P3D ? - did you use Migration tool ?

@Rich

Yes, the Dash 8 works without any issues at all. The MipMap needs to be disabled, but I didn't know what that did anyways. I installed it without this tool everyone is talking about. The only thing I did, was to make a fake fsx.exe in the main folder, and point the installation to my P3D folder. That was it. I also have the new patch, so not sure if that matters.

I love it, and as stated above, is the only place other than the defaults I have right now. Looking to maybe get either the Carenado 1900 or some medium sized plane. Trying to find a way now to just look for Native P3D stuff. I don't even have FSX installed so I guess the tool would not work for me anyways.

"@Rich

Yes, the Dash 8 works without any issues at all. The MipMap needs to be disabled, but I didn't know what that did anyways. I installed it without this tool everyone is talking about. The only thing I did, was to make a fake fsx.exe in the main folder, and point the installation to my P3D folder. That was it. I also have the new patch, so not sure if that matters.

I love it, and as stated above, is the only place other than the defaults I have right now. Looking to maybe get either the Carenado 1900 or some medium sized plane. Trying to find a way now to just look for Native P3D stuff. I don't even have FSX installed so I guess the tool would not work for me anyways."

=========================================================================

Bill Estonia Migration Tool works without FSX loaded and works great - you dont need fsx on your system - a must have Buddy - I load carenado non P3D with it - works great.

Rich Sennett

Yes, the Dash 8 works without any issues at all.

Agree.  I have been using the Dash 8 for a few weeks and I love it in P3D.  What an excellent product.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Wellllll, I got it.  I have the Turbine Duke fully functional in it and Orbx NCA and PNW.  FSUIPC is working great.  The default lighting is substantially better than FSX default lighting.  The cloud shadows and in-cockpit sunshine and shadows are really cool.  Haze layer is cool (I have the line some folks are reporting...but it's cool.)  I have my settings pretty similar to FSX settings.  I still have some issues, though:

• It's not currently as smooth as my FSX.  I did set the JobSchedular and Bufferpools as per the recommendation above.  Frame rates are a bit lower right now and definite stuttering.  
  • I'm getting jaggies, despite using the same nVidea Inspector profile as FSX.  I use 8xSGSS in FSX so I'm surprised. 
  • Lighting, while better than default, is not quite yet as good as I have in FSX with ENB.  In-cockpit, it's dark...can't even read some labels in broad daylight.  Outside is good...a little darker than I run FSX.
  • Cloud shadows are kinda dark...almost have a charcoal color to them.

I'll have to dig through and find what settings folks are using.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"Wellllll, I got it.  I have the Turbine Duke fully functional in it and Orbx NCA and PNW.  FSUIPC is working great.  "

Hi Greg:

Have you looked at my guide do this and you will be much better off buddy - also looks like my cfg settings will work well with your cpu also - any problems let me know in that post - darkness will get better with sweetfx - dump ENB 

link  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442470-p3d-new-user-guide/

Rich Sennett