Sign in to follow this  
Mike1984

Searching VFR Planes for FSX

Hello

I´m searching 3 Planes for my FSX, if possible Freeware.

Maybe someone has an hint.

Aquila A210, Diamond DA40NG, Cessna 150

I only found 2 DA40 as Payware.

Mike

Carenado C152.

Personally, I would go for the Baytower RV7 as a nice VFR plane.

Bert

I don't think there's an Aquila for FSX, searched myself a while ago but didn't find one. There is a Diamond Katana from Aerosoft which I'm told is pretty good.

Carenado 337. Incredible visibility and probably now not a bad price as it has been out for quite some time.

The Baytower RV as Bert pointed out is a keeper for sure.

Many more, but those would be my pick for just hopping around.

Bob

C-162 skycatcher flight1 or C-152 but a2a 172 cessna just remember to do maintenance or end like me using throttle and yoke maneuvers to land safely. Great thing about FSX and flight aim wanna fly low and slow or at 35,000 ft.

Hello

Thanks for the replys.

i own already the a2a C172. Great plane when you do your maintenance. :-)

i especially search for these 3 planes.

but i think there is just the Carenado C152, and the DA40 from IRIS and Lionheart.

thank you for your help!

mike

Have a look at Ant's Airplanes Tecnams! A lot of fun at very modest prices!

Felix

Felix

The RealAir Lancair Legacy is a great VFR airplane capable of full IFR when needed. Not exactly freeware but a worthy longterm investment.

The Real Air Citabria/Scout/Decathlon is a nice VFR addon worth considering too - but I am a bit biased as I trained on this in the RW!

Bill

Just thought of a true freeware option: the Edgely Optica at classicwings.net.

I would be interested in an Aquila A210 for FSX as well.  Haven't been able to locate one yet, though...

So far, the closest thing (and good systems sim) is the Aerosoft DA-20 KatanaX. But it does not have the same response, Vx, Vy, Vg, cruise speed as the Aquila (Aquila typically some 10% higher). Also, the cockpit layout is entirely different (based on a different philosophy), so as a real life PPL "trainer on the side", it won't do. That's why I am alsoo looking for a decent model; I am currently taking flight lessons in an A210 (G500/GTN650  :rolleyes:). I have just soloed (yesterday, to be exact), and I could really do with a flight model that correctly represents the glide behaviour of the A210. I notice that with forced landings I keep overshooting, because my expectations are based on the DA-20 FSX model  :lol:.

So, to re-iterate the topic starter's question: he's specifically looking for certain aircraft models, like I am looking for the A210 too. Other models may be very much fun to fly, but that was not really the question ...

A2A Simulations Cessna 172

-Damien

Definitely, best purchase ever!

Oh, and the Cherokee is very nice.

A2A makes quality products, im awaiting their next magicmachine B)