Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

Flight 1 GTN750 Video

It means as a 2D popup , assuming your acft is driven by default systems.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone know if this will integrate with the Aerosoft Twin Otter Ext, as the RXP will not?

In the 3d panel, no.. as a popup, yes, just like the RXP unit.

The product page for these units says they will integrate with all add-on aircraft in your FSX library (and hopefully soon all add-on aircraft in your P3Dv2.2 library!).  Does these mean they will always work as 2D panels and selectively work as 3D panels depending on the author of the add-on aircraft??

Correct, and at this point, only Milviz and A2A have given any indication that they are going to work on this..

Bert

Thanks for your input Bert!  Now if only Milviz can get that B350i out.....paired with a GTN750 in the VC and  I will be one happy flight simmer!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The Proline 21 in the upcoming Milviz B350i will provide all the same capabilities plus some.....

The Proline 21 in the upcoming Milviz B350i will provide all the same capabilities plus some.....

Referring of course to the real Proline 21, don't know what Milviz will include in their release....

Why would you need the 750 paired with the PL21? It has a FMS

True indeed...me getting a little too excited about these units especially knowing they will become available for P3D2...anyways back on topic........

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

So do I have to buy the GTN 650 to get autopilot working? or can I buy just the 750 (it includes autopilot)?

Neither gauge includes an autopilot, but either the 650 or 750 will drive an FSX or P3D autopilot.

Bert

So if I understand, I must have the autopilot stack under the 750 so if I want to change my route I will turn the heading knob then press AP but if I don't have the auto pilot stack, just the 750, I will enter a new waypoint by draging or adding a new waypoint? Will it follow this route just like it's a new flight plan? 

It is sloow... that is the not so good part, but the graphics are awesome, even better than the C172.

The GNS530 looks great in the panel, the sounds are amazing, and the plane handles really well..

Feels like flying the real thing!

It is one of those airplanes where you can just sit in the cockpit, and look at every switch and gauge

and get comfortable with your environment, and then fire up the engine...  :rolleyes:

Sorry, which one are you talking about?

Thanks,

Dirk.

For 3d panels, like the Duke, you need the original authors to modify the panel...

Bert, you are the right person to ask this: what planes have 3d integration (buttons and rotaries sticking out) for GNS530/430 so far?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Sorry, which one are you talking about?

Thanks,

Dirk.

The A2A Cherokee

:rolleyes:

Bert, you are the right person to ask this: what planes have 3d integration (buttons and rotaries sticking out) for GNS530/430 so far?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Where to begin...

A2A C172 and Cherokee

RealAir Duke and Legacy

Carenado C337,C206,C210 etc

So if I understand, I must have the autopilot stack under the 750 so if I want to change my route I will turn the heading knob then press AP but if I don't have the auto pilot stack, just the 750, I will enter a new waypoint by draging or adding a new waypoint? Will it follow this route just like it's a new flight plan? 

You always need an autopilot if you want the GPS to steer the plane.

The autopilot can steer in Heading mode, following the heading bug, or in NAV mode,

following the GPS or NAV radio.

Bert

The A2A Cherokee

:rolleyes:

Where to begin...

A2A C172 and Cherokee

RealAir Duke and Legacy

Thank you for the Legacy tip. I've just checked... I bought it about the release time, so I'll add it to the active hangar.

A2A Cherokee is just too slow to my taste, I'll pass on it.

Dirk.

Can anyone confirm compatibility with victor and jet airways? I haven't seen it mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

Can anyone confirm compatibility with victor and jet airways? I haven't seen it mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

Well, yes. In fact you can display either V or J airways on the map. One thing to keep in mind though is that the database provided is much more 'up to date' than either FSX or P3Dv2 for that matter, so it's not unusual to find that certain COM and NAV frequencies aren't going to match up with what they provide.

I got caught on this very issue when getting acquainted with their operations. I couldn't figure out why KGYY's ILS30 localizer and glideslope were INOP totally...

...until it occurred to me to double-check the actual frequency tuned. It was then that I discovered that sometime after FSX/P3D database was compiled, the frequency for ILS30 had been changed. Once I manually tuned what the sim expected, everything began working as designed.

So, even though the convenience of using the GTN750 or 650 to "auto-tune" frequencies is a plus, one would be wise to verify that they are - in fact - the correct ones for the sim! :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator