Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

To uh-oh's......30

1.  Loading times...I not only can start XPX.30...go out and cut my front and back lawn...but I even have time not only to pour myself a beer...but to actually brew the batch....   Way too long, in loading time(s).

2.  I have incessant rain, no matter if there isn't a cloud in the sky....practically constant rain.  This has got to be an introduced bug.  This is in both the grab from the net...or internally generated weather.

That's the only two 'uh-oh's' so far....  

1. Loading times...I not only can start XPX.30...go out and cut my front and back lawn...but I even have time not only to pour myself a beer...but to actually brew the batch.... Way too long, in loading time(s).

Is this just with default scenery? I've found it to be about almost exactly the same as 10.25. I'm guessing this will change though when the long range visibility appears

Is this just with default scenery? I've found it to be about almost exactly the same as 10.25. I'm guessing this will change though when the long range visibility appears

No...this with all the good HD and World scenery packs...but they are the same ones that were in .25 and about 20 percent of the loading time I now have with .30

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(is it loaded...I look...nah...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have two systems, a Macbook Pro with an SSD drive, and it loads very quickly on that. But on my Windows computer, which has a slow HD, I can literally walk away, make a coffee, come back and it will still be loading. Germany, with HD Mesh, Photo Scenery, World2XPlane can take me up to 10 minutes to load sometimes.

The Windows computer also has P3D v2, and it can take it a good 5 minutes or so before it's loaded up and I'm sat in the cockpit. I've just learnt to be patient until I can afford a 1TB SSD drive (someday never)

Yeah, I have G2XPL scenery at zoom level 18 and World2XPlane, my XP takes about 15 minutes to load. It's a pain but worth it.

Strange with the rain thing though, are you using SkyMaxxPro, I had just 10 meters visibility trying to use that though others seem to have no trouble, might be worth taking it out if it's in there as a test?

I have two systems, a Macbook Pro with an SSD drive, and it loads very quickly on that. But on my Windows computer, which has a slow HD, I can literally walk away, make a coffee, come back and it will still be loading. Germany, with HD Mesh, Photo Scenery, World2XPlane can take me up to 10 minutes to load sometimes.

The Windows computer also has P3D v2, and it can take it a good 5 minutes or so before it's loaded up and I'm sat in the cockpit. I've just learnt to be patient until I can afford a 1TB SSD drive (someday never)

Yeppers...that's about it...when your chin starts touching your chest...well...they have to tighten up the load time in the beta run.... and oh..this load time is on a 10,000 RPM Velociraptor.....

1.  Loading times...I not only can start XPX.30...go out and cut my front and back lawn...but I even have time not only to pour myself a beer...but to actually brew the batch....   Way too long, in loading time(s).

2.  I have incessant rain, no matter if there isn't a cloud in the sky....practically constant rain.  This has got to be an introduced bug.  This is in both the grab from the net...or internally generated weather.

That's the only two 'uh-oh's' so far....  

It takes about 2 minutes to load on my system. I have dedicated velociraptor HD.

Have you defraged your hard drive lately ? It helps if you have dedicated HD for XPX.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

My loading times in 10.30 aren't that bad but when I try to get out of XP I have to CTRL/Alt/ Del to the process manager. It won't close on its' own. I also have the never ending rain showers.

NAX669.png

It took so long to load for me I killed the process. When I reloaded it asked if I wanted to keep my existing graphics settings. I said yes and it loaded in about 30 seconds.

Once it is loaded once and primed the mem it will of course load faster. I did the same thing today. It was taking forever so I killed the process and reloaded.

Just down right weird.

Bob

I defrag(2TB 7200rpm WD) like a madman, im all good with load times....under 1min with xp10 at beginning of my HD in a folder on desktop...Win 8 Pro 64bit.

I use a SSD and it takes about 2-3 minutes at most. 

i also have the rain shower problem.

I too have dedicated a velociraptor for XP and since then my loading times are not that bad, 3 to 3.5 min tops. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

It takes about 2 minutes to load on my system. I have dedicated velociraptor HD.

Have you defraged your hard drive lately ? It helps if you have dedicated HD for XPX.

Yes..with each run before Window loads...

I use a SSD and it takes about 2-3 minutes at most.

i also have the rain shower problem.

Mine is probably the same...but it just seems so long...I

will have to actually time it...

I defrag(2TB 7200rpm WD) like a madman, im all good with load times....under 1min with xp10 at beginning of my HD in a folder on desktop...Win 8 Pro 64bit.

Of course you have to take in all he custom files of which I am well stocked...but having said that, the same file load was present in .25 If this is all I find to post about, then I guess all is generally good. Rain with no clouds present is a bug needing to get slapped.

The rain thing is not good by any yardstick. One of the big improvements with 10.30 is supposed to be hooks into the engine to allow 3rd parties better access. Hopefully that means a 3rd party weather engine is more realistic.

Edit: and as if to prove a point the next thread in this forum I open is...!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443174-efass-now-conatins-a-wx-engine-for-x-plane/

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea