Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

Did you fix the "minimums" knob?

The way to interact with it is different from, say, the altitude knob, it's not intuitive and takes ages to manipulate.
Unfortunately, it is actually modelled correctly. Although annoying with a mouse, it is true to the real 777 knob of that type. The 737NGX actually has the incorrect knobs that area easier to rotate with a mouse.

Thank you very much for your update Robert and the follow-up by Ryan! Thanks to you all at PMDG for your very hard work, and only imagine how hard it has been! :-)

Thanks again, cant wait to take her out for a spin! ;-)

Kind regards

Jakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Did you fix the "minimums" knob?

The way to interact with it is different from, say, the altitude knob, it's not intuitive and takes ages to manipulate.

well, trouble is, in reality it does function different from MCP knobs.

I do agree that it is not the most intuitive - I would much prefer if it didnt keep switching speed as you moved the mouse, but it would just set speed by distance the mouse pointer was moved. i.e. slow if moved less than 150 pixels, fast if moved more. Even better, linear speed increase based on deflection.

Stay tuned for more information...

I keep my channel set to this station daily.............;)

This update is great news, indeed.

Harry Nelson

PMDG has posted beautiful shot of 777-300ER with Air Newzealand livery on their facebook page.

Check it out folks.

It'd be nice if it was released on Thursday to mark the 777's 20th anniversary! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My wife promised to cook me BEANS

Remind me to stand downwind LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Badfinger, on 10 Jun 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Remind me to stand downwind LOL

I hope you mean upwind, of him. :O  He might also want to ensure his aircon packs are on FULL\HIGH 

But Julian likes the smell of methane.

But I would remind Julian to on no accounts light a match, or operate the switch for any electrical equipment.

As long as he keeps the outflow valve closed.  :unsure:

Good evening PMDG team

Please no release before ending FIFA-Worldcup in Brasil. How to handle all together??? LOL

Best regards

Marcel

Unfortunately, it is actually modelled correctly. Although annoying with a mouse, it is true to the real 777 knob of that type. The 737NGX actually has the incorrect knobs that area easier to rotate with a mouse.

Correct or not, it's a pain in the rear to manipulate and the 737 is just perfect. Some things are better left 'unrealistic'.

So where do you plug in a mouse on the 777?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So where do you plug in a mouse on the 777?
I meant as a PC sim, but it is interesting you mention that because the newer 777s are equipped with a cursor control device which is much like a glorified laptop mouse pad. It is just in front of the stab trim indicators. This is what is simulated for the electronic checklist. (RW and PMDG)

the newer 777s are equipped with a cursor control device

They all are!

Jimmy Nestor

There are a couple of additions that will get on people's nerves, and they're realistic. If people don't read the intro manual, this forum is going to be spammed with false issue reports.

I know one of them will end up here over and over again, but I'm not going to come out with it. I'd rather be evil and force people to read the manual...

I have no idea what phugoid oscillation you guys are talking about....but I am dying to find out :-)

Thx for the info/update and all the work you guys have put in.

I allready appriciate the PMDG777 and I am sure SP1 will be amazing!

Rob Robson