Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

Send me the link though to the new post, I'd like to follow it.  

It kinda is still on topic though.  We are awaiting the SP1.  Who knows?  Your problem could go away after release.

These are awesome news !! 

Did PMDG already think about creating a Flight simulator, i'm sure it would be AMAZING ! ^^

But thank's for the hard work you put in to provide us a perfect add on !

See you in the skies !!!

jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

Honey, stop buying me popcorn, B773 is around the corner !

I believed what Ryan said was they hired a Level D 777 simulator and hand fly it to test the FBW response, have it videotaped and refine their FBW system and it now almost matches exactly. If you are thinking about another Level D FSX addon, that is not what Ryan meant.

Francis Leung

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I had been thinking of another addon. Gotta learn something new every day... Cheers.

Hello ...Following on the "phugoid oscillation" I kind of realized that, upon manual landing with auto throttle on ..I get extra smooth touch down speed ....-100ft/m - 25ft/m .......Is this going to change ? That doesn't happen with NGX or MD11 ? ....Is that also the reason the plane when descending, it tends to wave slightly up and down ? 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Send me the link though to the new post, I'd like to follow it.

It kinda is still on topic though. We are awaiting the SP1. Who knows? Your problem could go away after release.

I will contribute to that as well.

Yes, it is an FSX issue, in that CPU cycles are required to generate the mouse cursor.

I see a BIG reduction in frame rate in both the 777 and the NGX with the cursor on screen.

Not a huge issue for me, as my frame rate is high. You will find it varies between add-on's. Some barely noticeable, some significant.

I thrust you, plane and simple, Rob.   B)

oh boy....no please dont THrust me ;-)

Rob Robson

I meant as a PC sim, but it is interesting you mention that because the newer 777s are equipped with a cursor control device which is much like a glorified laptop mouse pad. It is just in front of the stab trim indicators. This is what is simulated for the electronic checklist. (RW and PMDG)

All 777s have the cursor control device.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I really hope for a quick release now, but I think it will take another 2 months...:S

oh boy....no please dont THrust me ;-)

:shok:

kevinh, on 12 Jun 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

All 777s have the cursor control device.

Yes I know, I corrected myself in a later post, I got mixed up with the EFB which is an option on newer birds. 

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I had been thinking of another addon. Gotta learn something new every day... Cheers.

Chris you are always welcome! We are here to help each other with the passion of flight simulation. FYI, I found this out of wikipedia:

the international Full Flight Simulator Level D standard (the highest current standard) requires a motion platform capable of moving the simulator cab in all six degrees of freedom and an outside world visual system giving 150 x 40 degrees of view to each pilot. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_simulator

Cheers,

Francis Leung

Out of curiosity - when was the 300ER given to the beta testers to load into FSX?