Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Carenado Turbo CT206H STATIONAIR HD SERIES is out!

No rain effects. Shame, after they came with the King Air I thought they'd work their way into every Carenado offering.

Well, this way there are some unique features to each aircraft :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

No rain effects. Shame, after they came with the King Air I thought they'd work their way into every Carenado offering.

Ahhh shame. Looks like a great plane but with so many to choose from I'll stick to the ones with rain effects like the C90, B200 and PA46 (sucker for eye candy). ;)

Me too.  I hope they include them in an update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Has no rain effects? Well, it really fouls ... both for quality but also for a better simulation ... hope to launch an update with the fix   :rolleyes:

Is the GNS capable of showing the full 10.30 updated GNS like the B200?

Is the GNS capable of showing the full 10.30 updated GNS like the B200?

The CT206H includes a beta version of the .acf file which you can use, if you like. With it, you get a beautiful and well-working GNS530 in your cockpit.

I have a strange effect with this plane

when the cockpit in VC is in vertical postion then the horizon or runway is in the air are all the way down.

If the horizon is set in normal position then the cockpit is leaning backwards 

I dont have this with other planes

I use 3 screens 27 inch in one picture

5880x1080

Can you guys tell me if any of the Carenado planes in XPX fly in a proper uncoordinated fashion where you need to use the rudders in turns to center the ball...and does the ball work well too?

I have this personal "thing" where I stopped buying their planes for FSX because they all seem to fly auto-coordinated in turns with no rudder input needed (very toy-ish). I've seen someone mention in this thread that the dynamics are much improved over their FSX counterparts and I'm very interested to know about this in particular.

Thanks!

Dave

This behavior depends on your control settings / simulator options, and even in FSX you can set them to have uncoordinated turns.

paula:

The CT206 uses a panel texture of 2048x2048, as opposed to most other planes in X-Plane, payware and otherwise, which use 1024x1024.  This is due to the need for space to accommodate for not only two GNS430s (in X-Plane 10.25 mode) but also a GNS530 (for X-Plane 10.30 mode).  What this does is, it distorts the default cockpit view, especially when you use an ultra-wide aspect ratio, as would be the case with three 27" monitors.  

To fix this, you'll have to open the aircraft in X-plane and go to "Standard>Viewpoints>view" and increase the value for the default screen centre: "View Center Y Panel View".  A value of 1500-1600 might work.

This behavior depends on your control settings / simulator options, and even in FSX you can set them to have uncoordinated turns.

No...what I'm saying is that in many Carenado planes it is not reliant upon your auto-coord in-game setting...my personal setting has been in an uncoordinated state since around 1980 or so :-)

Regardless...their FSX planes (some are worse offenders than others) don't need any rudder input at all. Check it out for yourself and make a 30 degree bank with feet on the floor and enjoy, lol.

When asked about this they (Carenado) seem to feel that making an fde to properly fly in uncoordinated flight is "systems modelling" since they admitted they do not model this flight behavior in either some or all of thir planes intentionally to make things easier for their customers. This was when I had inquired about the Piper 350 Mirage...i think the FSX CT206 actually had a mess of things wrong with its flight characteristics at the time, including the need for opposite rudder in turns which should not be in this plane at all...a few of us made extensive fde changes to the files at the time following release. I personally had dozens of users email me asking for the changes.

In any case Im just a bit shell-shocked to risk anymore of my funds on Carenado's dynamics without an official return policy. If anyone possibly has the time to make a short clip of one of their newer planes in XPX .25 or .30 doing steep turns and needing proper manual rudder inputs that would be terriffic. Either the KingAir's, the 350Mirage...or whatever.

I would be extremely happy to throw them more of my money again if I knew their X-plane offerings were not just toys.

No...what I'm saying is that in many Carenado planes it is not reliant upon your auto-coord in-game stting...my personal setting has been in an uncoordinated state since around 1980 or so :-)

Oh, I see.

Well, then their X-Plane versions should be fine in this regard. Due to the lack of rudder pedals, I fly turns uncoordinated most of the time, and the ball clearly shows :D

The ball is not centered, so it shows I'm flying uncoordinated. No, I don't have a video, but you can believe me. All the time I see that ball not centered, I feel: "Damn, again no good turn ..." ;-)

In general, Carenado and Alabeo aircraft on X-Plane are, besides the visual models and textures, developed from scratch and have nothing to do with the FSX versions.

I also don't think they make any special changes to the flight behavior. They are within what X-Plane itself allows.